What's new

Angola x Thai

oceangrownkush

Veteran
Anyone grown these? Have a few stashed I'm about to pop for pollen donors and maybe I'll get around to smoking some someday lol

Siever

Veteran
ask again on the Ace forum. I think they used to sell such a cross.
At least they had Angola & Thai.

el gordo

i've grown it, and for me it is one of my favourite sativas, very clean, inspirational, mental illuminated and without ceiling high, very nice potency in 1/3 of the females aprox, the flavours range from lemony-metallic to earthy-lavender-peanuts, don't mature too late 15 nov/1 dec...lost my beloved keepers a couple of years back,and i'm still pulling my hair!!

Last edited by a moderator:

bigbag

Veteran
I've grown them. found one really well behaved type and pollinated her with Timewarp x Cambodian...I have well over 1000 seeds of that cross, should be crazy good ;)

el gordo

the pictures you wanted OGK!

Attachments

• 4821.jpg
    4821.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 4822.jpg
    4822.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 4823.jpg
    4823.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 27

oceangrownkush

Veteran
Im very excited about the structure and finish times, doesnt seem like it would be unreasonable for indoor..

el gordo

glad you liked it! thanks! yes, i've already run the 2 best selected phenos indoors, (best of the fast ones and the best of the slower) having especially good results with the faster one, but everytime i've grown it outdoors the weed was much more potent and flavourful than the indoor grown! the best one was the plant pictured here, was the slower to flower and with slender leaves... the most thai leaning i think, but a faster than a pure thai ...i hope you enjoy this seedline as i have done!

oceangrownkush

Veteran
glad you liked it! thanks! yes, i've already run the 2 best selected phenos indoors, (best of the fast ones and the best of the slower) having especially good results with the faster one, but everytime i've grown it outdoors the weed was much more potent and flavourful than the indoor grown! the best one was the plant pictured here, was the slower to flower and with slender leaves... the most thai leaning i think, but a faster than a pure thai ...i hope you enjoy this seedline as i have done!

How long did you flower the two different phenos indoors? You think the Angola shortens the flowering time?

Its been so long since Ive had a real Sativa, im beyond excited for these.

el gordo

12 and 16 weeks of flowering indoors for my keepers, but as i already said both performed much much better outdoors, resin, production and high wise, some phenos were not very potent too so i suggest to do your selection outdoors if possible to let them fully express their qualities and see wich one is the best, saludos !

bradipo

Angola x Thai - 48°N -

Angola x Thai - 48°N -

Hi growers,
so let's wait until december!?!
:biggrin:
Greetings.
B.

Attachments

• angola thai oct 2016 A.jpg
    angola thai oct 2016 A.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 14
  • angola thai oct 2016 B.jpg
    angola thai oct 2016 B.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 20

bradipo

Thx Koondense!
I'm not often optimistic, so for once... ; )
In this case, I would write:
"Let's build a shelter for the AxT"
^_^

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Nice my friend, in my experience most females also range from 14 to 16 weeks. Outdoors they were finishing around mid/end of November.

The bush is looking great for sure! I've had great fun growing, reproducing and smoking this plant for a few years, now I just moved on into new genetics.

I'm in love with a nicer Angolese and some other africans I've been playing with... eventually I'll try to create my own Holy Grail with some of them, since now after all this years I have a better idea of what am I looking for and where to find it.

Best.

bigbag

Veteran
@Sask_organics, the Angola x Thai female was done in 10 week's indoor with c02 and relatively heavy chemical feeding program ( 3 part GH with a bunch of additives ). Nice green buds, with a noble wood and mandarine orange nose and taste. nice up high, with little to no paranoia. Timewarp x Cambodian is from a F14 selection, pretty much an IBL now. it has a sweet onion and peppery nose and also up high with a bit of an electric/racy edge. have yet to test the progeny but should be stellar !

bigbag

Veteran
the Angola x Thai selection didn't stretch too much and had tight internode length to compliment it's flowering time...hence why I deemed her easily managed ;)

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
OK the million dollar question. Are any of these beans available anywhere? I have some other Angola crosses but none of Thai. I would be very interested in a few of these for preservation. Peace