What's new

Anesia Seeds landraces?

goingrey

Anesia Seeds seems to offer eight different landrace varieties as feminized seeds.
  • Afghanica
  • Congo
  • Copacobana (Brazilian)
  • Durban Poison
  • Hindu Kush
  • Malawi Gold
  • Panama Red
  • Purple Thai
Does anyone here have experience with any of these lines? Are they legit pure landraces as advertised or something else?

The flowering times, yields, and THC content in the official descriptions suggests to me that either those values or the landrace purity has been exaggerated (if not total bs).

While they have flown totally under my radar until now, it seems like they are quite a large seedbank selling 50+ different varieties, damn near everywhere, including at ICMag affiliate Real Gorilla Seeds.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Anesia Seeds seems to offer eight different landrace varieties as feminized seeds.
  • Afghanica
  • Congo
  • Copacobana (Brazilian)
  • Durban Poison
  • Hindu Kush
  • Malawi Gold
  • Panama Red
  • Purple Thai
Does anyone here have experience with any of these lines? Are they legit pure landraces as advertised or something else?

The flowering times, yields, and THC content in the official descriptions suggests to me that either those values or the landrace purity has been exaggerated (if not total bs).

While they have flown totally under my radar until now, it seems like they are quite a large seedbank selling 50+ different varieties, damn near everywhere, including at ICMag affiliate Real Gorilla Seeds.

They had caught my attention some time ago, but it didn't take long for me to understand that they are copies of things ace, cbg and other seedbanks...

Afghanica = afghani #1 or other Afg from RSC Congo = Congo from ace or TSC
Copacobana (Brazilian) Amazonia from WOS
Durban PoiPoison=from Dutch P. or TSC
Hindu Kush= from sensi or RSC
Malawi Gold =from ACE or CBG
Panama Red=from ACE or CBG
Purple Thai = Blueberry

If you look at the flowering times or the few images available you see that they are hybrids ....

Popey

Veteran
These are definitely not landraces. I had several sativa strains from Anesia, they looked more like modern hybrids (gorilla glue etc.) than landraces.

Popey

Veteran
I found a memory card with photos of old crops. Here is a picture of Panama Red from Anesia Seeds growing 1.5 years ago:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Panama Red.jpg Views:	0 Size:	128.0 KB ID:	17947133

If that's what Panama Red landraces look like, then I'm Osama bin Laden: D

goingrey

I found a memory card with photos of old crops. Here is a picture of Panama Red from Anesia Seeds growing 1.5 years ago:

If that's what Panama Red landraces look like, then I'm Osama bin Laden: D

Well, first of all, that looks quite fantastic (no doubt a credit to you). But you are correct, it looks more like some kind of Afghani hashplant than a Panamanian sativa. Thanks for sharing!

What it also does not look like is ACE/CBG Panama. While it is not a landrace cultivar but a very indoor capable hybrid (of a couple Panamanian/Colombian lines), it does not look like this. Which kinda sheds doubt on willydread's theory.

And let's face it, maintaining 50+ lines is quite the task even if you are only knocking off other people's work. So if you are lying to your customers anyway, might as well just buy a big sack of Skunk #1 (or I guess some kind of Afghani) fems and just sell them with all kinds of names... A shame though if this is the case.

Popey

Veteran
Yes, it looks nice. The high was also quite nice. However, I bought these Panama Red seeds because I wanted a Panama Red plant with a different appearance and a different high. If I wanted a modern hybrid and I would grow such a plant in the photo from the obtained seeds, I would be pleased. However, as a person who wanted to receive the landrace sativa strain, I feel disappointed.

What it also does not look like is ACE/CBG Panama.
You're right. I had Panama from CBG and it looked different. Panama from CBG looked much more Sativa.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I also hit my head a few years ago, arguing even with some users ... Basically Panama ACE / CBG is the same thing, (I saw them both grow up a few years ago), they combined an old Panama and a more modern one, that's why some pheno look like hybrids and others are old school nld ...
The only thing I can tell you is that if you want you can take a risk, buy their seeds, grow them and draw conclusion, ;)

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Look for pictures of the Panama ACE female that JohnnyChicago used for her pan-o-haze, she is a true sativa Caribbean beauty...

hypeted

Hi all, I regularly got 4 packages + extra bonus from Anesia in 2020:

1) Congolese

2) panama red
Immag002.jpg

3) banana kush

4) GG4

good germination 99% all good terpene profile Congolese much more!

Latest posts

Latest posts