What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

And The Sh!t Hits The Fan

I

imnotkrazy

Nice to see you going bigger than last year. Best season ever to ya!

I put marigolds, daikon, and beets under the girls in the raised beds this year to see how they would do. The daikon is less than spectacular, they like fuller sun :)

D

Durdy

Nice to see you going bigger than last year. Best season ever to ya!

I put marigolds, daikon, and beets under the girls in the raised beds this year to see how they would do. The daikon is less than spectacular, they like fuller sun :)

Why thank you good sir :) as they tend to say go big or go home! I guess in my case I can do both hehehe :jump:

mmm Daikon is tasty, sorry to hear there not doing as well as you'd hoped. I've got some marigolds in my hanging pots in the GH if i'm not mistaken marigolds are a bug deterrent to some extent? could be wrong about that though. :wave:

I

imnotkrazy

Why thank you good sir :) as they tend to say go big or go home! I guess in my case I can do both hehehe :jump:

mmm Daikon is tasty, sorry to hear there not doing as well as you'd hoped. I've got some marigolds in my hanging pots in the GH if i'm not mistaken marigolds are a bug deterrent to some extent? could be wrong about that though. :wave:

Ah well, the daikon are doing okay, just not explosive like in full sun. The Maroigolds are said to repel whiteflies, so that was why they went in. Rosemary and Lavendar for a borg deterrent too :)

Was away for 3 days and truly amazed by what the hoose looked like upon my return. Its gonna be a good year, peaceful and easy growing to ya!

D

Durdy

Weekly Update

Weekly Update

Some pictures of what's going on over here, not much yet
:tiphat:

The carrots have landed! :jump:

picture.php

Blue Dreams
picture.php

Mysto Freebie
picture.php

Mysto Freebie
picture.php

Trainwreck
picture.php

This trainwreck is still not looking super healthy (her momma was having some issues when cloned) think I should leave her and let her do her think? or replace her with something thats growing more vigorously?

picture.php

picture.php

Romulan - I really really really love the way this plant grows
picture.php

and my favorite mysto freebie bean looking good :)
picture.php

mas carrots
picture.php

:wave:

Grow on, stay durdy!

D

Durdy

Finally an Update!!

Finally an Update!!

Hello IC!! :wave:

So here's an update. I had to cull two plants because well......after 3 weeks they hadn't grown at all. I feel I may have been overwatering a bit, same goes for the Blue Dreams and Trainwreck, their growth is very slow. The culled plants were replaced by two J1's and in the other 100gal a headband and another Romulan. THey were transplanted 4 days ago and should explode real real soon!

An ALfalfa tea brewing, hopefully will kick the two stragglers and replacements into gear!
picture.php

The one Mysto freebie seed that's rocking! I have dubbed her Shiela
picture.php

The other rockstar of the group, Romulan
picture.php

Heres the Blue Dreams, growth is slow but seems to be picking up as time goes on.
picture.php

The Trainwreck, Her growth was slow as well, so I gave her another trainwreck to bunk with, I think with the new company she'll start to pick up the pace! :blowbubbles:
picture.php

The Replacements! On the left is the headband on the right the Romulan
picture.php

The J1 Twins, These things are VIGOROUS! I have I hopes for these lovely ladies to really take ahold of that 100gal
picture.php

ANd last but not least 3 mysto seeds(the one all the way on the left was taken outta the 100gal and repotted, looks much happier now for some reason), a MR.nice, and a querkel.
picture.php

Endur

Veteran
Looking good bro.
Don't give up on tha Blue Dream, they will get going. Mine was really root-bound, grew into the lights, and just overall, looked crappy.
They are very vigorous.
Romulan, looking good, and they will love the compost tea.

Ya, I don't know about all that me N jj are rocking better than you.
I feel JJ, is smoking me too...lol that guy knows what he's doing, unlike me & you.
Grow On Man...
Stay Up Bro...
Peace
Endur

D

Durdy

Looking good bro.
Don't give up on tha Blue Dream, they will get going. Mine was really root-bound, grew into the lights, and just overall, looked crappy.
They are very vigorous.
Romulan, looking good, and they will love the compost tea.

Ya, I don't know about all that me N jj are rocking better than you.
I feel JJ, is smoking me too...lol that guy knows what he's doing, unlike me & you.
Grow On Man...
Stay Up Bro...
Peace
Endur

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I've got faith in that Blue Dreams Plant, I know she's ready to EXPLODE!!!

DoubleJJ is truly an inspiration for me! I can't wait for the days when my greenhouse is that full!! Watching his plants flourish just makes me wanna work at this hobby even harder!

Have you started using the MAXSEA yet? I'm sure you'll get killer results with it! and at 7$ a bottle how could one go wrong?

What are you planning on feeding your girls with once they start flowering? I've got some stuff called gro-biotic that I want to use up. Its made from hydrolyzed fish, Phosphoric acid, and sodium nitrate. Its a 4-4-1. I'll being using earth juice molasses as well 0-0-3. Later on in flower I'll probably switch it up to some guano teas with less Nitrogen in them.

Peace

enjoy these long summer days!

Endur

Veteran
Yo...Durty,
I have used the MaxSea, twice now. You can see the results in two-three days. My girls got darker green, and the fan leafs, are starting to get some size to them.

As for flowering nutes, I'm not really sure what I'm going to use for my base nutrients, Leaning towards the The Guano Company product, Bud Swell, and for supplements, Green Planets, Massive and off course some molasses.
Peace
Endur

D

Durdy

I'm gonna have to look for that one at my local Nursery! hope they have it!

Is that all you will be using JJ?

doublejj

Veteran
& a little molasses.

peace
doublejj
P.S. I have experimented with "Purple Max" as a finisher indoors & was impressed. I may use some the last few weeks.

I

imnotkrazy

& a little molasses.

peace
doublejj
P.S. I have experimented with "Purple Max" as a finisher indoors & was impressed. I may use some the last few weeks.

I was impressed with Purple Max last year for the late outdoor crop, it made cuts of the earlier season gals go really deep purple and appeared to have more resin, but that may have been from the color contrast.

Keep the Blue Dream hopes up :) She will hit her pace.

D

Durdy

Krull - Good to have ya in my summer outdoor thread again my friend!

imnotKrazy - good to know about the purplemax, ill keep that in mind. I'm pretty sure I was watering a bit to often with the Blue dreams and Trainwreck, I've cut back and I'm sure she's getting ready to stretch those sexy legs! hehe :)

Latest posts

Latest posts