What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

And I thought the Cold War ended ... article about "Illegal Grows"

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Huge increase in Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome, as I predicted. Some of the statistics are also skewed, because people are now telling the truth about their cannabis usage.

Kids temporarily messed up, vs permanently or dead, if it had been nearly any other Rx or over the counter medicine.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Huge increase in Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome, as I predicted. Some of the statistics are also skewed, because people are now telling the truth about their cannabis usage.

Kids temporarily messed up, vs permanently or dead, if it had been nearly any other Rx or over the counter medicine.

It's becoming quite common, sad to say, due to strength of cannabis, overindulgence most likely or using it in combo of other substances.

Drewsif

Oh nos, outdoor growing is bad for the ecosystem. Oh nos, private growers are bad cuz one of them used a pesticide once. Better leave it to the pros, all weed should be grown in a factory. That way we don't know what chemicals are used so we can focus our whining on somone less powerful and more visible.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
It's becoming quite common, sad to say, due to strength of cannabis, overindulgence most likely or using it in combo of other substances.

agree. folks that have not smoked in say...ten years? are going to really be surprised when they roll up a hogleg the same size they used to smoke. i've seen guys on their hands & knees puking after over-hitting modern day good shit... this is why i smoke one-hit bowls now; lower tolerance, MUCH better weed...:biggrin:

St. Phatty

this is why i smoke one-hit bowls now; lower tolerance, MUCH better weed...:biggrin:

that's exactly what I do !

one hit sh.t FTW :woohoo:

I get a little worried when friends come over & smoke & smoke.

I always remind them they're welcome to lay down in the shade & take a break before they drive home.

therevverend

Veteran
I'd say most of the cannabis over doses are edibles or concentrates. Hard to smoke yourself into the hospital on flowers and it usually wears off in the hours it takes to get admitted. You'd get the munchies and go to the store before you'd get a bed in most hospitals.
The reports about pot 'being so much stronger now' are ridiculous. Law enforcement has been saying that crap since the 80s. And the stuff I smoked then was just as strong or stronger then the stuff now. There hasn't been any big boost in THC levels in the 21st century. More fear mongering.

pumpkinpie eyes

Veteran
agree. folks that have not smoked in say...ten years? are going to really be surprised when they roll up a hogleg the same size they used to smoke. i've seen guys on their hands & knees puking after over-hitting modern day good shit... this is why i smoke one-hit bowls now; lower tolerance, MUCH better weed...:biggrin:

yup, an others sayin edibles. those mess me up. like hits of budz better.

St. Phatty

Oh nos, outdoor growing is bad for the ecosystem. Oh nos, private growers are bad cuz one of them used a pesticide once. Better leave it to the pros, all weed should be grown in a factory

I got some tobacco seeds from a grow shop owner many years ago.

As I read up a little bit, I found there might be restrictions on growing tobacco. Maybe even serious restrictions.