What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

An Original Glue 4 Recombinant Inbred Line

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Here's my stable pheno of RIL day 63.... ice ice baby

Looks identical to the GG4 clone only I ran for years... smellls as insane as it looks... honestly you should stablize these amazing iced phenos and you got magic beans

picture.php

picture.php

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Guys this is a tightly bred line with a deep chem lineage. There isn't much on the market to compare in many ways. The vigor for one is blown out several grow rooms already.
It's really Inbred, it's not just a name. And it's not inbred in such a way that it was randomly driven in the dirt.
Besides being a cannabis plant whos nature it is to intersex to survive, gg4 was born of an intersex event of a chem lineage... its particularly doesn't like high heat, major ph events and overfeeding.
You should do what a normal grower does and watch your plants the first time you flower them and cull any intersex plants... the normal shit you do with any new plants.
I been working on this for 25% of my life and I'd be pretty fuckin dumb to spend it breeding bullshit. That being said I'm not god. I cant make autosomal intersex go away. All I can do is steer the statistics and math our way.
I'm confident this line is less than 5% intersex. JW told me that's more strict than your average seed line and it is.
That being said in 8 years I've sent out all male packs 3 times. Do you know what the odds of that happening are? Randomly picking 10 male seed out of 1000s? Happened three times. None of those guys accused me of being a con man selling an all male line because I can't feed my kids like some nasty comments made.
If you got a intersex plant chop the fucker then evaluate and make sure you ain't fuckin up your environment.
I got about 40 going right now. 1 mutant runt that threw double finger leafs and the rest look like clones and are outgrowing everything.
If anyone gets unlucky I'll try to help you out but I ain't god. Most of those packs had overfill too, point being to stack odds in people favor. I'm not gonna live my life in anxiety of if a herm pops up. I'm not god. I get sick to my stomach when I see a guy growing 1 or 2 plants and they're trees because if anything goes wrong he might be an asshole about it and besides that I want the best for everybody.

Realize it's a special tightly bred line. That goes for good traits and recessives. You should never grow new plants and not inspect regularly for intersex (do I even need to say this) Toss the weirdos sort through the gold. Easy peasy.

I'm confident in my work and you should be too.
Results are already proving it all over the world.
One love, hope the RIL makes a lot of people happy and changes a life or too.

This is the only time I'm gonna address that dumb situation. Life is too short. Same with this line. Too much gold to find...

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
10 lights ruined magically jumped to 20.
No integrity. Mad at me you cant cool your uninsulated shipping container, scrog a multiple strain seed run and set it on auto and not check for 6 weeks.

Go drag somebody else brotha.

picture.php

picture.php

Storm Shadow

Veteran
For the record .. Id rather grow the GG4 clone only all day amd and night... still got more hermies than i did stable phenos.. the line was never tested by any of the breeders..im be trimming a shit ton of seeds out my plants over the next few weeks.. not worth it imo.. but if indont have access to $10 GG4 clone.. i guess this might be wanna ur best options.. u can zoom in on my pic and spot 2 late developing Nanners.. .

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
This line has been out for a while and many grows so far, if it were a notoriously hermi line I think it would have been shown by now. This is actually the first complaint Ive seen and have been watching many grows of these seeds on ig. That said I would expect a small percentage of herms based on the fact A: its gorilla glue, which came from a herm in the first place, and B: almost every seed line has a small percentage, especially if conditions arent ideal.
Storm shadow do u still use chitosan? I use it almost religiously but sparingly, and have found with no other factors that it can be the cause of herms in some strains, which is expected since it ups a plants defenses, with the herm trait being one of those defenses a plant uses.
Allowing a herm from seed to knock up a whole room is a rookie mistake, especially for you cuz you been growing from seed long enough to know herms can always pop up, hell even in some clones! I seen u mentioned some of your humboldt seed company seeds threw nanners as well, how do u know which ones were the culprits?
I find the low blows unnecessary, speaking on family matters that are unrelated to cannabis growing doesnt make sense, n has no place on ic.
You are both considered respected members of the community, Im sure if you would have come more respectful Toney prolly would have hooked you up with replacements. Sometimes we double down instead of admitting we came off wrong, but from an outside perspective it seems u were in the wrong.
Just my 2 cents
Peace!
GM

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Bro I dont use chitosan.. haven't since i got of my dudding issues many years ago... i know pgrs can cause herms.

Can u show me one commercial grow on IG growing these out yet?? Yeah I feed them at a high PPM but i grow tons of gear our a year and its rare to get herms from Regular Lines like this..s1 fem seed sure.
No problem.. but bx5 x BX6 bullshit.... the lines the should be perfect..

If u breed something and have no first hand experience growing it... u have zero credibility in telling me what I did wrong.. bottom line is he over hyped this line and its unstable... their gems to be found but still the dude has no idea about his own lines... ive actually grown them out and shared my experience.. he couldnt handle it... i tried to be nice and show some empathy.. this low IQ Genius ran with that to IG and spoke about himeself like he was biggie smalls pushing in the Avenues... no thanks.. hes got some obsession with the size of my grow..
Guy has a 600 watt tent grow.. need i say more

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
All on r I u lieng about your wharehouse. They are uninsulated shipping containers you rent and your too cheap or dont give a crap about what you grow to cool them off properly.

picture.php

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bro I dont use chitosan.. haven't since i got of my dudding issues many years ago... i know pgrs can cause herms.

Can u show me one commercial grow on IG growing these out yet?? Yeah I feed them at a high PPM but i grow tons of gear our a year and its rare to get herms from Regular Lines like this..s1 fem seed sure.
No problem.. but bx5 x BX6 bullshit.... the lines the should be perfect..

If u breed something and have no first hand experience growing it... u have zero credibility in telling me what I did wrong.. bottom line is he over hyped this line and its unstable... their gems to be found but still the dude has no idea about his own lines... ive actually grown them out and shared my experience.. he couldnt handle it... i tried to be nice and show some empathy.. this low IQ Genius ran with that to IG and spoke about himeself like he was biggie smalls pushing in the Avenues... no thanks.. hes got some obsession with the size of my grow..
Guy has a 600 watt tent grow.. need i say more

You have numerous posts about herms from every run you do in your overheated, overfed, uninsulated shipping containers in socal heat.

You dont care though you are just pumping out trash weed. Might got your money up but you have zero character or class.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
This dude is losing his mind.. i love it!!!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Done with u Tony.. btw the containers are 10ft high and 40 feet long.. and yes I leased to own them .. wierdo