What's new

An englishman visiting America alone

I doubt anything other than San Francisco on the west coast would have the overall impact of a NYC trip, but you could do worse than fly to SF and then rent a car and drive down the coast to San Diego.

Santa Barbara, San Diego, LA (if that's your thing)...lot of cool places in Cali and some of the best weather and scenery in the world.

Vegas and San Diego are dirt cheap to fly to out of SF or Oakland, CA if you plan ahead also.

supermanlives

Veteran
why'd you move superman? got sick of it?

tired of the job and my girlfriend. had my fun . time to move on . worked as a landscaper/pool guy for a great hotel chain , then worked for a rich lady doing maintainance on her rentals. got tired of tourists ,drunks, and island life in general. was really fun tho. and i am looking forward to visiting again someday/ no hurry tho

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
i've gotta shout out for the commonwealth, friend ... Newfoundlanders are great peeps, Quebec City, Montreal, Banff and the Rockies, and Vancouver British Columbia and the pacific rim. good weed, good food, good folks. drop on by!

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
its the crack you got to worry about in key west. dont smoke crack and you will be ok. lived there 6 years. do the duval crawl. and watch the sunrise in the morn. skip jb margaritaville tho. after an hour listening to that music you wanna just punch someone LOL

I used to live in Orlando, so I'd just drive to Key West and bring my own party supplies. I never tried to buy crack there; I knew plenty of crackheads in Orlando anyway. Lol. The last time I visited was on my honeymoon. That was also coincidentally the first week of spring break. Tons of hot college girls just there to get drunk and have fun. I would have been all over that if I had still been single.