What's new

An bhuil cead agam.......

Weed Widow

.............dul amach go dti an leictras.

Na gaibh thar an lina bhan go stada an mbus.

:wave:

That´s about as much Gaelic as I know apart from the old pog mo thoin thing!!

Weed Widow

Weed Widow

Hahaha......the first bit I learned in school (a very long time ago) is what we had to say when we wanted to go to the toilet...........and the second bit you will find on the buses in Ireland means "Do not cross the white line until the bus stops".

Maybe someday my education will come in useful...... :confused:

Weed Widow

Lola ~

!

!

the thread name is the ONLY irish i learned in 10 years of irish school :badday:

Last edited:

igohydro

Dont worry Lola my Son and Daughter both speak more than me.Its funny they went to the same school and talk in Irish knowing we cant understand.Kids you gotta love em. :wave:

Lola ~

wow igohydro its so back to front upside down compared to english (sentance wise) its definately not "easy"....

you know english is meant to be one of the toughest languages to learn if you didnt grow up with it..............

Weed Widow

Maybe we should start an Irish Lessons thread.

You know, we really are a disgrace :wink:

Although, I was back in Dublin a few weeks ago (I have lived in Spain for 7 years) and I could have safely ordered in any cafe or restaurant in Spanish and been understood :D

Weed Widow

igohydro

Igohydro is Irish, Tá an rud seo Eiranach, Ní leabharan go loir duine éiranach, sin an faith a bhuil muid ag leabhart i mbearla!
Hope that satisfies our Irish speakers. :canabis:

hey belfast, where did you find that. was looking through me dictionary and could not find that controvercial word. this is interesting though. did all you belfast crowd learn gaeigle in school. its optional up there isnt it. if it was like that down here nobody would learn it. the department of education ruined it for kids. i learned an chlo ceilteach off me granda and now i dont understand most of what my nieces and nephews are learning, its completely different. supposed to be updated and modern.forget about intoducing new words to the language, they have changed all the old ones too. like car used to be gluasteáin and now its "carr" how creative are those eejit civil servants eh? man i have got to stop getting blitzed in the morning. keep goin off in tangents.

i hear you man. i studied german for 6 years in school and 2 years in uni and still can barely string a sentence together coherently. you limerick city or county limerick. went to school there meself for a few years. villiers on ncr.

Latest posts

Latest posts