Headband (GreenPlace)
OG KUSH (GreenPlace)
BlueCheese(GreenPlace)
PurpleKush(GreenPlace)
BubbaKush(GreenHouse)
OG KUSH (GreenHouse)

shame GH was all out of the ChemDawg

Mayer

OG Kush from GreenPlace is the best at the min, IM NOT CONVINCED ITS A GOOD KUSH BY CALI STANDARDS.

soon il do a full write up, im sure all Amsterdam weed is low grade , its silly!

M

masterKahn

I love Amsterdam to death but compared to the west coast weed that good is hard to find in AMS

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah id like to know the prices

im guessing at least 15 euro for the kushes

and the real buba kush is in amsterdam
i toked it last april at the cup

Smolik

Some pics of the buds would be awesome, im leaving for Amsterdam in 10 days and would love to see some of the quality buds around now. Also what are some things you enjoyed doing there?

OCdirty

Fuck the buds in the Dam, 90% are garbage, it's the hash that's really worth the journey!

i've always heard the same, but have never had a chance to travel across the pond. But every local connoisseur I know says most the flowers are junk (esp. to what we get out here in cali) but the concentrates are off the chain

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
^^ I heard they screen weed, then sell it to you. I used to want to go to Amsterdam, but it seems like it would disappoint me. I grow good weed,I brew espresso and bake my own pastries...no need to even go there. Italy needs me to visit...I'll go there:)

duzt

Do yourself a favor and get the hell out of Amsterdam for good herb. Take a trip over to Haarlem and try out some of Willie wortels bud or, if you can find it, go to the Theehuis at Smedestraat 25, they had some of the best herb I smoked in the netherlands. Utrecht has good herb too but is harder to find the coffeeshops. Amsterdam seems to be where they send the schwag for tourists. Try the bluebird and amnesia, they are good and grey area at times. There are a few in the dam that are good, but haarlem is far better.

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
i'm in amsterdam too..

not much very good herb to be found in coffeeshops.. some good hashs, but very expensive (u need to put 12/G for some good black hash)....

a nice place to be with ur own herb anyway... staying in a coffeeshop is something very special for heavy tokers like us !

my best picks were dhaula girl, black hash from bluebird; always oily, hawaiian snow, greenhouse.
the x18 is the best kush around; but is quite hard to find atm...

so i m waking and baking with some Neville H from Wageningen, SSH, X18 and the nepalXXX, with my 21Euros brand newBubbler... amsterdam is bad ? i can t totally agree !

wardyleb

Fuck the buds in the Dam, 90% are garbage, it's the hash that's really worth the journey!

Thats not true either. You really have to LOOK for decent hash in dam. As others have said, stay away from dam. Go to harlem, eindhoven is ok also.

Most CS bud is shaken in dam. Notice how all those Microscopes that USED to be on counter tops have slowly gone. I always carry a magnifier with me, you wanna see some of the looks i get, but i don't care.

You can find good quality if you have contacts, but as far as the commercial market goes, its shit.

wardy

Yeah wardyleb I agree good imported hash is harder to find than good greens. Go to Harleem.
I get the same/better for cheaper/same price in Norway but not the variety of course. Thats kind of fucked as Norway is where it is and Amsterdams supposed to be cannabis heaven. But Im sure if you know people you will get special hash for real good price in Amster. Used to be better before.

M

masterKahn

I am totally bringing a pocket microscope next time i'm in Holland I'm going to be like a diamond inspector.

"this is garbage, I'll give you 2 euro a gram unless you want to give me the glands you kiffed with it for free!" I don't think it will go over well but it will be fun.

crazyfarm

good luck with that.// in any case Ive gone to amsterdam twice.. however never gone to harleem or anywhere outside of amsterdam. i would be so paranoid leaving the city and lookin for herb OMG haha wow so ya can u please gimme addresses and or elaborate how u got to where exactly you went so I can possilby do that? thanks!

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ I spent a summer in amsterdam, and discovered you really had to search for good cured bud, and hash. Blue Bird, de kuil, grey area, and abraxas were some of my faves. There were some great little local's shops that are probably gone now, but they generally had the best hash.

I found green house to be a waste of time tourist trap.

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Some of the best weed I ever had in Holland was from Breda, a strain called "Joris Red" and it was the bomb! Long red hairs, lots of California Orange Bud overtones, and the cross with Neville's Haze made it stonier than the third rock from the sun.

In Amsterdam I always loved the Abraxas, cause they treat me special as I have been hanging there since the mid '90s. The Greenhouse is a sad tourist trap run by one of the biggest egos on the planet who has absolutely no respect for American tourists, ex-pats or other customers of his shop. If you are a celebrity, well, that's another story, get Arjan in here to pose for a photo with the said celebrity...another loser being used.

That being said, there are some remarkably warm, friendly and wonderful people in Amsterdam and the Netherlands...but they have a centuries long tradition of providing the vices of life to anyone who can pay for them...and pay you will for fun in the Dam...nothing is free except the air you breathe.

DankSide

There are places to go in the dam, but prices are too high for the highest quality hashes!

Take Barney's for example - amid their good herb smoke was a tasty blue cheese, amnesia haze and the G13 X Haze, but they also had "willie nelson" which was complete tourist shwag.
Barney's had 2 affordable tasty hash selections for me - the Nepali temple ball and the caramello. The bubble hashes would have broken the bank and put an end to smoke funds for the day, didn't try it.

Greenhouse was a let down - the only satisfactory strains being Super Silver Haze and Cheese. With 3 different versions of Arjan's haze including a strawberry flavor, you'd think I'd have found one I actually liked! The strawberry haze, which I was counting on to pull through, failed miserably.

Dampkring had a decent hash selection but had a complete jackoff working the counter. They label their strains Sativa - Indica - Hybrid there, but some seemed to be mislabeled.

Abraxas had an awesome hawaiian strain, as well as kick ass juicy fruit bud but the highlight were the space cakes, with .5 g of hash baked in each morsel.

Grey Area had my favorite bud and hash. Silver bubble, LA confidential, Grey berry were all good bud. My fondest memory from Grey Area is the kif they sell per gram behind the counter. A box full of kif - I mean FULL of kif. Wish I had more cash. Definitely a small shop though with a few tables and rickety steel chairs

Amnesia had the Amnesia haze (top 3 IMO) as well as the Pink Kush, which no other shops seemed to be carrying last summer when I went. Pink kush was right up there, they began renovations on Amnesia right as we left.

Latest posts

Latest posts