What's new

amsterdam hotels

Lambuster

Hey there Capt. Crip... :wave:

There have already been some great links added on here, some of which I've used and found great deals with (hotels.nl for one).

A lot depends on whether you want a room with shower/toilet - a lot of places offer some very cheap rooms on the basis of sharing the facilities, again, which I've done with no problems on many occasions - The Quentin Arrive, on my last visit in 2007 was an absolute nightmare though - with only one shower between three floors, a broken toilet on my floor, vomit stains on the top three floors' carpets, no towels anywhere and a door that would not lock from the inside!

I had a good stay at the Dam Hotel on Damrak - ensuite with (basic) breakfast, but very clean room and cheap, considering the central location. Booked online and no probs with reservations, which was refreshing! 24hr reception for those late night outings, and it had a lift (elevator) as well!! :bow:

Another good cheap 'n' cheerful place was the Hotel Beursstraat. I've stayed there three times now - they don't do online booking though as far as I know, but you can fax a reservation to them. It's just within spitting distance of the Grasshopper on the edge (almost) of the RLD. Once again, it was extremely cheap and did the job very well, if a little noisy. Bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper. The first two times I stayed here, I hadn't booked anywhere and was lucky to get a room I think, but if you're arriving early enough in the day you should be able to find somewhere if it's not the middle of 420 or the CC...

If you don't mind the walk, some of the cheapest deals are slightly further out of the main hub, in the Vondelpark area and beyond. Me, I like to walk out of the Centraal Station and hit the hotel, then the coffeeshops as soon as I'm there. I like to have my own shower etc. so the shared options can be a bit tiresome - waiting for over an hour to grab a quick shower and lay a cable is no fun. :noway:

Good luck!

G

smoke in coffeshops not hotels :bashhead: ,,,,
setting a fire alarm off in your room will result in the fire brigade being called and you paying for the service approx 800€,,ask baccass he knows

B

baccas125

Make sure if they show up at your door to answear in your underwear!!

G

AAARGH>>>>> !

The low to mid priced hotels are, for the most part, bad value hovels. The proprietors are often stellar, and can make up for it, but the rooms - expecially for the single traveller - are often depressing, and best left alone.

Rookies is great, owner-wise, but not the place to get a great night sleep, like many accommodations in party-zones. If that is not a problem, definitely a smoker friendly place to stay. Fun c'shop/pub downstairs. Not known for its' weed, but def. for the merry atmosphere. Also a good headshop across the street, with the same name.

Other arrangements are not cheap, but a much better way to enjoy Amsterdam. Houseboats, apts., etc...

Smoking in hotel rooms rules for Icysurfer:

No joints

Hold that toke in

until it shrinks, smoke-wise.

Make it a small toke, bong, or pipe,

so it is not a prob.

I had one apartment rentOR come up on my last morning, after 2 weeks, to tell me the Cab to Schipol was here, and she saw my last pile of Amnesia Haze near the bong, and she really quietly freaked out.

"I can see you are NOT ready," she blurted. Aghast at me smoking the dreaded weed. She had no idea, and I was just upstairs.

Had I smoked a joint with my friend, it would most likely have been all-0ver at that point, I had no idea.

Even though she was a creative artist, and a great person, she did not want me back. Welcome to Cannabis-Friendly Amsterdam.

10 feet has lost my respect, but there is room to build it back in the community, I am sure. We all have a bad day, now and then. No more of that angry stuff, though....? It is no good, and really is meaningless.

LOGIC< Sheep Dip.... Logic...! That's madness, about the rentor showing up to relieve you of your belongings. Luckily, the Dude I rented from was pretty well-off, and was looking for a long-term, yearly vacation tenant.

An 8ooE bill for the FD showing up for no reason...?>?>?> Whoa. That would leave a mark..... :spank:

I would open the window, and leave the room, as soon as the alarm went off, after hearing this story...!

Oh boy, sometimes an orderly society goes too far. There is a totalitarian element to European governments, for sure. That method of revenue generation would help our ol' no-freedom-ass You - Ess - Ay to recoup a lot of wasted human hours.

Last edited:
G

Whoa, forgot about the ban...... What will they do with all the sidewalk smokers.....?

"No smoking of Cannabis within 20 feet of the doorway..." lol

I will be thankful for the lack of Tobacco smoke, for sure. It gets tiresome within one day, for me. The Melkweg was pretty much unbearable at the MOE. show, last cup, too much tobacco in the air. Believe it or not, my lungs feel it after a night out in AMS...

And not from the ganja.... That is a constant. lol, never happens here...

Piece....

there are plenty of good hotels if you dont want to do the apt.. there are enough places to somke so that you dont have to do it in the hotel.. the Victoria is prety expensive.. there are 3 IBIS hotels that are fine ( small plastic rooms but...) the golden tulip's are ok also. The NH Hotels are also more expensive .. my fav is NH City center.. on Spuistraat.. right down the street from de tweede kamer (outrageous hash)..

indicameds

hell, i got my passport taken away a few years back by the damn nazi government, but i went and did not like the amsterdam all that much, to many americans. but while there i stayed at the flying pig hostel in the red light disrtict. it was nice and nver did they say anything about smoking. but again its a hostel and not a hotel. quite abit cheaper. but id recomend going to rotterdam, better hotels better coffee shops and its more laid back, either way have a great trip. i hope to make it back one of these days.

Latest posts

Latest posts