What's new

amsterdam hotels

G

gizmo

can anyone recommend the names of a few hotels
hoping to take the missus for a break
thanks all

Yeah i have heard that Apartments are the way to go. Nice on the price and you can smoke your ass off. A couple years ago we were at the american hotel havein a good old chiefin session and the woman from the front desk is at our door. we open up and they have every person who worked in the place it seamed. She said it was ok to smoke but it was "too much". We left our room for a couple hours and they brought some big fans in the hallway and cleared the smoke out. It was pretty embarrassing but another reason to get an apartment.

growkind

I recommend the Victorian Inn, right across the street from Central station and close to the Red Light

B

British_Bulldog

Hi there,

This is the best and cheapest hotel booking site: www.booking.com

There are also loads of unbiased independent reviews on there.

Another tip is to find a hotel you like, then go on Google and try to find the hotel's own website to look for a better price.

Sometimes it works, but often booking.com is cheaper than going through the hotel direct!

tripadvisor.com can also help when researching hotels, as there are other independent reviews on there.

An apartment can be good, but can be cheaper to get a hotel.

And for smoking in a hotel, you can do it everywhere, but you must be discrete in most places - i.e. put a towel down by the door, have the window open, and blow smoke towards/out of the window, but make sure people outside aren't getting a full blast of the ganja smoke too, lol

Peace

Last edited:

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
Thanks for the link Old Pink!
I found a few places while looking last week and wil be booking my room next week along with my flight schedule...
Will have to look into the apartment thingy as that sounds like a good way to go....
The link Old Pink provided has some good deals as well for those interested....
They (hotel.nl)get you about 40% off the standard rates....

Take care..................................CC

G

Capt. Crip said:
Thanks for the link Old Pink!
I found a few places while looking last week and wil be booking my room next week along with my flight schedule...
Will have to look into the apartment thingy as that sounds like a good way to go....
The link Old Pink provided has some good deals as well for those interested....
They (hotel.nl)get you about 40% off the standard rates....

Take care..................................CC

same deals as booking.com as suggested by british bulldog,,,

if u gonna take the mrs then look at any of the nh hotels(http://www.nh-hotels.com/ )or the jolly carlton (http://www.jollyhotels.it/Default_eng.asp),,,both get u that extra bit of luxury ,well worth the extra (which aint much more),,buffet breakfast at the nh krasponolsky is 13 € ,,better than Barneys lol

mr.haze420

Veteran
buffet breakfast at the nh krasponolsky is 13 € ,,better than Barneys lol it is twice that at the kras

G

mr.haze420 said:
buffet breakfast at the nh krasponolsky is 13 € ,,better than Barneys lol it is twice that at the kras

i mustve got me £ mixed up with me € ,,,cleaner seats ans cuttlery though lol,,

mr.haze420

Veteran
and the room is awesome at the kras, the winter garden, worth the splurge once in a while for sure, considering coffee is 2.20 euro and fresh squeezed oj 3-4 per glass in the coffeeshops

Last edited:

Capt. Crip

Veteran
Hazy,
No,I'm coming alone this time...She's staying home with the little one...
I'm still trying to get everything figured out as far as where I'm going to stay and my flight times ect...
Would like to have it all booked by this coming monday if possible....Just want to make sure I don't end up in a place where the critters are tryin' to run off with my stash :bashhead:

I think I'm gonna stay in the Dam the whole trip and travel around by day and ending up back there for the evening...

G

Capt. Crip said:
Hazy,
No,I'm coming alone this time...She's staying home with the little one...
I'm still trying to get everything figured out as far as where I'm going to stay and my flight times ect...
Would like to have it all booked by this coming monday if possible....Just want to make sure I don't end up in a place where the critters are tryin' to run off with my stash :bashhead:

I think I'm gonna stay in the Dam the whole trip and travel around by day and ending up back there for the evening...

try the rho like logic suggested right in the middle 100 feet from dam square

G

i have some hotel recommendations in my guide(see link in sig) i might try to rent a apartment next time. I've smoked out the hotels i've stayed in pretty hardcore and never had issues. We left the windows at least cracked too.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wo
you serious logic
thats some crazy shit
did your friend call the police
or atleast kick his arse

Just a reminder:

Cannabis is still "illegal" in amsterdam, and many hotels do not wish to have their hotels smoked in. Well at least not the sweet leaf. Make sure your hotel tolerates cannabis smoking before booking it.

I hear Rookies is a great place to stay. Convient. They have their own coffeeshop/restaurant available to guests. Cannabis smoking is of course tolerated.

However, like many others when I stay in Amsterdam I enjoy the peace and quiet of renting a single apartment. (It sure beats hotel security kicking your door in for smoking a joint of hashish! :joint: )

Stay irie and have fun
TenFooT

Capt. Crip

Veteran
Something of note:
The purchase of a small waterpipe greatly reduces smell....
Theres a monstrous difference in the odor of a gram of herb smoked in a joint as opposed to a waterpipe...Mabe 1/4 the odor....

Of course a 1/4 oz. of Diesel or OGKush is going to reek the place up anywayzzz!!!
:muahaha:

Last edited:
B

Boxy Brown

I liked the hotel Terminus, its near the grasshopper close to the RLD, another Ok place was the hotel Doria which had an excellent free breakfast and for me a window that had a nice view of dam square if you sat in it, but the best thing about both was that you could smoke in both of them with no problem, also both had very friendly concierges that were all ways willing to help.

B

British_Bulldog

tenfeet - that's true it's illegal, but it's bad advice to say check with the hotel in advance. I like to stay at good hotels, and you think they're gonna like me ringing up and saying "oh by the way, do you allow smoking hashish and marijuana in your rooms?" LoL, I don't think so.

Although it is technically illegal, it's not going to get you arrested, unless you really take the p!ss and smoke it in reception areas, etc, in a nice hotel.

With normal hotels (i.e. not the 'smoker-friendly' hotels), the best policy is to book what you want and then be discrete when you get there.

Btw: I lost all respect for you after your little outburst in the other thread about you bullying people. There's no coming back from something like that.

Hi Capt. Crip - a water pipe certainly helps, but you're still burning trichomes (and plant material in the case of bud), so they're gonna smell, lol

In a Dutch hotel, it's best to smoke near an open window in my opinion, as it causes less problems and is more discrete.

Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts