What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Amsterdam for CC

Amsterdam for CC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
who's planning to be in Amsterdam for the cannabis cup in November?

would love to personally. wish i knew if they accept cash in an envelope for my judges pass. i mean 200$, which one would pay in advance, is a lot less then 200 euros which is what you pay at the door.

GoodbyeBlueSky

i'll be around... don't think i'll be buying a judge's pass, but i like hanging around the city... smoking the entries and whatnot. wouldn't mind hooking up with some ic maggers...

somoz

Veteran
Way to get ir done gaius! I've been meaning to post up a poll but glad ya got to it....Maybe a money order perhaps if you email some folks.......dunno......Ticket booked still sussing out acommo's but hope to see some ic'rs there......should be good times

moz

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
No way wouldn't even if i could. 1 12.50% been there done that... c u'all @420
;)
GM don't bother with the pass. use that € for the grass or hash the cup wont give you.
A day pass for the expo is plenty.

as Peter says it'll be a good laugh.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hi Peter, yes i really think i'm gonna treat myself and be there, just have to get organized. it will be cool seeing you again.

Hey trichomefarmer,

i thought you had to have a judges pass to be able to buy the best entries?

also what about the opening party and the closing event? will my expo entry cover that?

look forward to seeing you guys; GoodbyeBlueSky, Peter, Kalistroyer and somoz. shoudl be a laugh, have some new wicked PowerPlant bubble. this time i'll rent a roor on the first day, lol.

9Lives

three for playing, three for straying, and three f
Veteran
Come on now its the high times cup..now way can it be as good :YaRight:

Lol..

But maybe its time for a trip to the dam. November sounds nice too..should be a little quieter. If i make it...i hope to see you all there :woohoo:

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
Best entries... hmmm well maybe in some cases but certainly it wont be the best herbs there, they aren't generally wasted on the cup.

Maybe I'm just a jaded nut, but the opening and closing ceremonies..(no the expo ticket isn't good)... you will be in Amsterdam, surely there is more interesting things to do than listen to mostly nyc types go on about the lack of freedom in america and how we (americans) could learn from Dutch tolerance (which is quickly weening).

Bah! Enjoy the city, find a comfy seat, load the rental roor, hot box a few coffeeshops, find a new nice place to eat.

The HT cup is catered for americans who've never left their home state. not for growers or hardore puffers/conaisseurs.

Last edited:
G

I have to agree with TF on several points but it must be done once.
Peace
MOD

Niemand

What you will do is judge the best ganja AT THE TIME that a VERY SELECT group of coff

What you will do is judge the best ganja AT THE TIME that a VERY SELECT group of coff

KALISTROYER said:
I have to agree with TF on several points but it must be done once.
Peace
MOD
THATS the KEY!!

ONCE.... Until you see what a commercial souless entity it is!

BEST ENTRIES?? They are available ONLY at the IC420!

I skipped last year BUT will attend this year just to be part of Barneys 20th anniversary!

I found the BEST way to do it is to NOT buy a pass (The pass "sometimes" gets you a small discount or in the case of Greenhouse a HUGE bribe) (2 years ago they gave you 100 euros worth of junk for 10e BUT to bring that value up to 100e they had to say the King of Cannabis dvd was worth 25e! ;)

You can ALWAYS walk in through the back of the melkweg (The restaurant side) and check out the goings on... Joe Bottz and Uptown Al have NEVER bought a pass but ALWAYS get inside!)

The 1 day expo pass is MORE THAN enough, if you spend more than 1 day in the expo part you are boring, bored and don't know what to do with yourself!

The booklets or passports are found EVERYWHERE.... ask a judge for 1, they get free replacements as many as they want.... I usually bring 20 home and sell them via ebay!! Get a passport and you can visit EVERY coffeeshop!

Most coffeeshops have enough that they sell their entry to EVERYONE.... Greenhouse in their Shake and Bake era didnt have enough to go around and you will NOT get a groovy laminate BUT.....

The HTCC is worth doing once.....

BUT as far as judging the WORLDS best ganja, FORGET it!
Judging AMSTERDAMS best Ganja - NO WAY

What you will do is judge the best ganja AT THE TIME that a VERY SELECT group of coffeeshops willing to pony up and pay have gotten.....

It HAS gotten a little better! They do at least ATTEMPT to flush, you MAY find some that has been cured and it usually is better than the run of the mill ganja you find in amsterdam year round BUT....

If you are a GROWER or a MEDICAL USER you WILL have smoked better ganja.... PROBABLY every day!

I, like I said, skipped Last Years, but 2 years ago, the coffeeshop with the best Ganja, where you would find the MOST judges at anytime was Amnesia and Amnesia WAS NOT IN THE CUP!!! Yet at the time they had some THSeeds strains INCLUDING the original ECSD... SO THAT was where the judges are!

So.... Again.... If you want to go to a party of like minded individuals the HTCC is the place to go.....

If you want to judge the best ganja.... Head over to Seedbay.... Get some great strains and GROW THEM YOURSELVES!!

I can got damn gar UN tee you one thing..... There will NOT be any KaliMist Destroyer, lovingly grown, flushed and cured type ganja around..... ONLY the same old same old....

AND 70% of the entries have been entered before!

BUT... If you do go... MAKE SURE to visit the Old Church! The old Church did it RIGHT!! Got some of the Christmas Butter Hash.... Saved it for the cup, the ONLY cup they ENTERED! Sold it ONLY to judges and sold it out! They WON the Cup and NEVER entered again!! And if you bought the winning hash the day after the cup... It HAD the same name but was NOT the same hash!

The old Church BEAT the HTCC at their own game! And it was the the year of the Soma melt down that they EXPLOITED on their DVD!

And DONT GET ME TALKING about the Cannabis Castaways... Stupid Steve HAger ignoring the Dutch participants advice and getting busted at the peace cup.... The SHAM and DEGRADING 420 spectacle (Thank Jah they ceased that!) and the joke of sham "seminars!"

THAT is a story for another day!

Jah Bless

Niemand

What Ho?

What Ho?

Hey.... Noticed Gypsy said he wasn't going EVEN if he could?

No Seedboutique booth?

The BEST part of the High Times Cannabis cup for SOME was getting some free seeds from Gypsy Nirvana!!

Oh well..... Guess I gotta wait for 4/20/06 to say HIGH again!!

Jah Bless

somoz

Veteran
@ Trichy + Niemand....I agree with both of you gents and appreciate your bleek disenchanted accounting of the cup.............agreed your probably not going to sample the "finest" ganj around but that should not be the pursuit of the trip imo..........

Last time i checked Amsterdam has much to offer and there are a ton of places to kick it at.......so if you wanna hang out with some fellow growers or some friends ya have around the globe, why the hell not meet up and have a good time.........don't know if i'll pick up a pass but at the same time 200 dolla is not going to break me piggy bank..........i work.......haha

to surmise: no, you will not probably smoke the dankest of the dank.....unless your rapping out with MOD......but if your looking to down a couple of cold ones and are not going to celebrate thanksgiving.........then why not go?

unless that is you've lost the gene for good times!

I'm going to leave the politics at the door and just hang out with some good friends.....hope to see some others do the same............

peez and all that shit
somoz

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
thanks a bunch Niemand for some detailed advice. i will keep that in mind. i know the 420 ic mag cup is much better in terms of real grown cannabis lovingly flushed and cured. but just going to amsterdam alone is so much fun and as i've never been to the HT CC but been twice to the 420, i thought it was time to try CC. just to see a few of the folks i know from 420 will already make it worth while. not to mention all the new people i'll end up meeting. all in all i want to be able to say i've been there ad done that if nothing else lol. i mean we never know how much longer the dutch will stay like they are in terms of canna tourism?

peace

peter

jaded bastards hahaha

jaded bastards hahaha

Ha ha i have got to agree with trichome n somos its a sham haha ive
been to so many but every year its the hanging out with the guys that
i remember and meeting n smoking with old cc friends

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah Peter mate, if we all meet up, we will have a good time for sure. i think even FarmerJohn said he might also come and i'm sure there will be quite a few others we know, even if afterwoods we all moan and groan saying how comercial it was, hehe. i will not be put off, if i can still book the flight i just saw tomorrow, i'm in lol.

peace

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
i think i will also go, i am from amsterdam anyway, never been to one of these cups. For this cups only coffeeshops can enter? And what about the ic420 cup.....Are you only allowed to enter the cup with a cross made by yourself? And how to enter the 420 cup?

G

Niemand said:
THATS the KEY!!

ONCE.... Until you see what a commercial souless entity it is!

BEST ENTRIES?? They are available ONLY at the IC420!

I can got damn gar UN tee you one thing..... There will NOT be any KaliMist Destroyer, lovingly grown, flushed and cured type ganja around..... ONLY the same old same old....

Sorry, But there will be some MOD flushed for 2 weeks and some Dreamweaver given the same treatment. There will be samples given away as long as my 3 ounces last.lol This is in addition the the 30 grams that will be entered for each strain, as a seed company. I don't expect to win but i have the exact same entries that i had for the 420 gathering:) I will giva away as much as i can afford but it won't go far i am afraid.

Peace
MOD

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
We should be around when the time comes, more for meeting friends than actually going to the cup :joint:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah mon, see you there Alex-F.

wow MOD, you entered as a seed co eh? that's cool man, i wish you the best of luck.