What's new

Ammiano to Introduce Legislation Monday to Allow Pot -- and Tax It

Slim Pickens

Veteran
I have been told that outdoor is forbidden under this bill.That is a big negative...I'm not in favor of paying a tax for a right that you should have anyway,but that's just me.

jawnroot

I have been told that outdoor is forbidden under this bill.That is a big negative...I'm not in favor of paying a tax for a right that you should have anyway,but that's just me.

Please refer to the Summation thread for details on the bill. Outdoors would be perfectly acceptable, so long as it isn't in plain sight of a road or other public area. Of course, no one in their right mind is going to put their faves right out for everyone to see, unless they're a mental defective.

There are so many "I have been tolds" popping up. People need to read and understand this bill.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran

from public view, backyard with a fence sounds legal to me.

Unless you get the commercial license then odds are you could do an open field grow but who would want to openly show that? I see plenty of guards being needed for some reason.

Grow on your property, that isn't public and I think they have something in there saying that it doesn't have to be hidden from "Above".

We won't know the specifics until they play with the bill, amend and tweak it. Who knows what will end up getting thrown in there but until then this is all hearsay.

We can hope it ends up good but who really knows UNTIL it actually gets passed or at least moved to a private and then public meeting.

jawnroot

We won't know the specifics until they play with the bill, amend and tweak it.

The specifics are right there in the bill, black and white, plain English. Yes, you can grow on your own property. Yes, the plants can be exposed to air space (ie: open "from above"). No, they can't be exposed to public view.

Please refer to the Summation thread for details on the bill. Outdoors would be perfectly acceptable, so long as it isn't in plain sight of a road or other public area -- and no one in their right mind is going to put their faves right out for everyone to see, unless they're a mental defective.

There are so many "I have been tolds" popping up. People need to read and understand this bill.

Wow Thank You
I'm not quite so adept at putting it so bluntly:wallbash: but you hit the nail on the head:yeahthats

medmaker420

Veteran
The specifics are right there in the bill, black and white, plain English. Yes, you can grow on your own property. Yes, the plants can be exposed to air space (ie: open "from above"). No, they can't be exposed to public view.

Please name me 1 bill that never got amended or tweaked as it went through legislation?

That is not the final bill, that is the one they INTRODUCED. Do you think it will actually stay just like that?

jawnroot

Please name me 1 bill that never got amended or tweaked as it went through legislation?

That is not the final bill, that is the one they INTRODUCED. Do you think it will actually stay just like that?

It'll stay close enough. Otherwise, the bill will be scrapped.

Either way, what exactly do you think they're going to be adding? Radio collars for all pot smokers, or some such? For now, let's try to focus on the letter of the bill, and save the speculation for something else.

MoeBudz^420

Veteran
Sounds like a possible attempt to finally take the right path to me, hope it works out. Hehe I had to laugh at the "stop the mexicans and canadians" comment posted in this thread...

Oh Noes! Those evil Canadian Cartels are shipping a whole 5% of the total amount of MJ used in the USA into said country while 45% is grown at home. :rolleyes:

But this is indeed the right path IMO, and I would like to see it spread across the USA and into Canada as well. The sooner the better... :rasta:

Peace

PharmaCan

Veteran
Sounds like a possible attempt to finally take the right path to me, hope it works out. Hehe I had to laugh at the "stop the mexicans and canadians" comment posted in this thread...

Oh Noes! Those evil Canadian Cartels are shipping a whole 5% of the total amount of MJ used in the USA into said country while 45% is grown at home. :rolleyes:

But this is indeed the right path IMO, and I would like to see it spread across the USA and into Canada as well. The sooner the better... :rasta:

Peace

Yeah, we have a real problem with Canadians here in SoCal too. Things are getting so bad the Mexicans are starting to say, "Como esta, eh?"

ROFL

PC

medmaker420

Veteran
Yeah, we have a real problem with Canadians here in SoCal too. Things are getting so bad the Mexicans are starting to say, "Como esta, eh?"

ROFL

PC

that shit is funny lol

you know what you are talking aboot for sure.

For some reason I don't see canadian or mexican weed taking over homegrown anytime soon especially once legal because I see people growing EVERYWHERE when that happens.

I mean most if not all that want to grow ARE growing currently whether legal, illegal and that will always continue. Those that are scared to lose their life, home and family or too damn scared to grow in general might come out of the closet and start growing or for that matter go INTO the closet and start growing as well.

I think there will be a ton of really good herb going around more freely and alot of that dirt weed disappearing because people won't need it anymore.

I don't look at the herb that comes out of canada the same as the crap I have gotten from the mexican side. I know there is mexican dirt weed but never really heard a bad thing about canadian dank. Maybe I don't know what I am talking aboot.

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
mexicans operate in 260 us cities, they need to b stopped before this shit can go thru, these mexicans are running some serious shit, at least in my area Boston... then u got the canucks with diplomatic immunity running truck loads of commericial outdoors(that suck dick)into our country...
if marijuana is legalized in cali, the mexicans will b in full operation, it will b like mexico in the states... its not time for this bill yet... and there is no way 5% of weed in states is Canadian... based on my studies(multiple big drug dealers) id say 40% Mexican 30%Canadian the rest is heads and indoors grown localy! maybe the surplus of A+ marijuana will push the brick weed out, but by the time it does that, it will have NO VALUE.... i really hope that if this bill passes it does force the brick weed out, but i think that will take a lot of time... people like the bang for the buck... and until the high quality reaches the low profits its will not match the demand.. its like anything else... people that have the money they want the best, people that dont settle for less... money talks shit walks will c wat happens... im for anything that will stop this horrible trashy weed from coming in

Aeroguerilla - Is it really that hard to spell out "be" instead of "b" and "see" instead of "c"??? Seriously.... makes you sound like you don't know what you're talking about at all, and it seems like that's the case anyways. Racist much?

medmaker420

Veteran
mexicans operate in 260 us cities, they need to b stopped before this shit can go thru, these mexicans are running some serious shit, at least in my area Boston... then u got the canucks with diplomatic immunity running truck loads of commericial outdoors(that suck dick)into our country...
if marijuana is legalized in cali, the mexicans will b in full operation, it will b like mexico in the states... its not time for this bill yet... and there is no way 5% of weed in states is Canadian... based on my studies(multiple big drug dealers) id say 40% Mexican 30%Canadian the rest is heads and indoors grown localy! maybe the surplus of A+ marijuana will push the brick weed out, but by the time it does that, it will have NO VALUE.... i really hope that if this bill passes it does force the brick weed out, but i think that will take a lot of time... people like the bang for the buck... and until the high quality reaches the low profits its will not match the demand.. its like anything else... people that have the money they want the best, people that dont settle for less... money talks shit walks will c wat happens... im for anything that will stop this horrible trashy weed from coming in

Brick weed will immediately stop being sold or will get pushed into other countries the same damn day it passes I think.

If it was illegal one day and then legal the next, guess how many closet growers will finally come out and start giving away to others around them since they won't have to worry about getting busted anymore.

I think that dank weed will also drop in prices, so for instance the $300 a zip that we see all over the place, even with the $50 tax per ounce will odds are still end up cheaper do the over abundance of quality grade A that would be damn near everywhere.

Just like those who jumped at the chance to start their own dispensary there are odds are even more with alot more money ready to pay the licensing fees and grow a ton to sell everywhere they possibly can AND legally.

They could do something as simple as

$150 per zip + $50 tax or $200 a zip which in cali for decent herb is a deal. Well not a DEAL but it is cheaper than most grade A around here.

If you had the option for good weed versus bagseeded weed what would you choose, bagweed is sold because you can always locate it when the good stuff is gone. Once there is no lag in the "good stuff" what use would dirtweed really be? I see it become extinct or moved to other countries along with the MEXICANS and CANADIANS :laughing:

If you really think the Mexicans will take over by running illegal OR for that matter legit marijuana grows (if they can get licensing that is) I think you have it confused. If there shit weed all of a sudden doesn't need to be smuggled into california then guess who loses money, they do.

There is a reason these cartels make money, it is because it is illegal that it is a hot commodity. If weed was growing everywhere then what would be the financial incentive to keep trying to do shady drug deals and cramming 100 lbs of shit in the body of a truck.

I find it funny that you have such an issue with the DAMN MEXICANS AND CANADIANS. Is it the nationality of them, just because they are different countries or is it actually about the gangs? Did you know that we have gangs here in the U.S.A? shocking I know, but most u.s. based gangs run things in their cities versus mexicans and canadians.

Now the border states, sure there is drug running, but once it is legal there won't be that incentive anymore and will odds are go to states WITHOUT the legal status so they can continue saturating the market with their product.

damn mexicans and canadians, that should be your motto buddy.

SEAL UP THE BORDERS, we need to feel safe from them. Who else tried to put walls around themselves.... who was that...... hmmn lol

To pretend like the feds don't allow the cartels to run drugs is laughable. If they wanted to stop it they would but they will continue pushing how they are doing it to us and we can't stop it. Sounds like a sheepish mentality at best.

Aeroguerilla

Veteran
If you had the option for good weed versus bagseeded weed what would you choose, bagweed is sold because you can always locate it when the good stuff is gone. Once there is no lag in the "good stuff" what use would dirtweed really be? I see it become extinct or moved to other countries along with the MEXICANS and CANADIANS :laughing:

lol bagweed is not sold because the good stuff is gone, people want wat costs less!(avg joe) until the price for grade A meets the price of BRICK WEED they will continue to profit.

I find it funny that you have such an issue with the DAMN MEXICANS AND CANADIANS. Is it the nationality of them, just because they are different countries or is it actually about the gangs? Did you know that we have gangs here in the U.S.A? shocking I know, but most u.s. based gangs run things in their cities versus mexicans and canadians.
i could give a shit about the gangs in the US, there at least keeping the money in the country unlike these mexican and canadian organizations, please i will go all day buddy.. a lot of people on these forums probably dont like to hear this cause they are in some way shape or form involved, ill b honest im involved and it needs to stop! easy money no joke but its really messing up the monetary flow in america!

and no im not racist, im just an american whos pissed when he sees bedrooms stacked with US MONEY IN MEXICO AND CANADA bs, that should all be kept right here in the states, instead those sf's are profiting... not cool...

Aeroguerilla

Veteran
Aeroguerilla - Is it really that hard to spell out "be" instead of "b" and "see" instead of "c"??? Seriously.... makes you sound like you don't know what you're talking about at all, and it seems like that's the case anyways. Racist much?

lol hows your snatch buddy? dont hate man these forums are for opinions... dont get your panties in a bunch

FreedomFGHTR

Veteran
lol bagweed is not sold because the good stuff is gone, people want wat costs less!(avg joe) until the price for grade A meets the price of BRICK WEED they will continue to profit.

Umm I haven't seen brick weed here in California in over 10 years now. I think medical marijuana being legal might have a tiny bit to do with that! Seriously, even your average toker here is smoking good herb. Our bad stuff is still good.

Where do you live anyways?

MoeBudz^420

Veteran
Aero - Going to dealers for info is hardly fact. Watch "The Union", you will learn many things. here's fact for ya... 40% comes from Mexi, 45% is grown at home, 5% is Canadian import and 10% comes from other countries.

Here it is in black and white for you - older, but it's from Time, so it's legit - it's about Walter's ranting when we were gonna decrim, but it has the percentage coming from here included...

To Quote the specific paragraph,

"Nor would anyone have thought that the cross-border traffic of illegal drugs would become one of the knottiest areas of disagreement between the U.S. and its northern neighbor. An estimated 880 to 2,200 tons of marijuana are grown in Canada, according to a new report from Canadian police. About 90% of the commercial crop winds up in the U.S., where its street value ranges from $5 billion to $25 billion. Although only 5% of pot in the U.S. comes from Canada, the trade is flourishing because of high demand in the U.S. and the comparatively mild punishments in Canada for growers and traffickers."

The link - http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1101040823-682290,00.html

Where's your facts, or are ya just pissin' in the wind?

Peace

Peace