What's new

America's 40 Highest Cities

Skip

Veteran
How can they NOT mention L.A.? The city with the most marijuana dispensaries on the planet?

How can they NOT mention L.A.? The city with the most marijuana dispensaries on the planet?

No foolin'! I would have guessed L.A. long before Atlanta GA. I've read a couple of posts here by growers in the ATL area and they've said the cops are real ball-busters down there.

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
Or Denver?? Must have something to do with arrest statistics for marijuana as well.. LA and Denver don't really do to much with marijuana offenses.

Skip

Veteran
It must have to do with the % of smokers in the population. Otherwise I can't figure out how they ranked them... Denver & L.A. have huge populations.

Duckmang

Actually Denver is quite hypocritical in regards to arrests. For nigh on a decade now there has been decriminalization law on the books but marijuana arrests have actually been going up in number despite this. Everyone has their panties in a bunch about abuse of the medical laws but that can be directly blamed on them not respecting the decrim. laws already on the books.

Don't want abuse of medicinal use laws?

Respect the decrim. laws already in place.....

2Lazy

Ha! I'm moving from number 5 to number 6 next week!

I'm surprised the unemployment rate is higher than the stoner rate. Maybe the war on drugs does work... Now all we need is a war on jobs.

Seriously though, I've always imagined the stoner rate to be much higher (pun). I'm thinking something like 20% more than 10% and less, especially in high consumption areas. I do wonder where they get the numbers from, I'm sure they aren't perfectly accurate of course, but maybe I'm wrong and the numbers are really that low.

With so few people actually smoking pot it's no wonder why legalization takes so long. In the 10's and 20's a much higher percentage of people were drinking in America then we have pot smokers here now. Still 10% of America is like 33 million people, that cannot be ignored.

G

grow nerd

Denver would also be the highest by altitude among them. Har har har

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
how is manhattan listed so high when it says that NY has the highest arrest rate for pot? watch out next year for detroit to move from #10 on the list to the top 5.

Exactly SKIP! Did you not expect to see LA at the top, or at least in the top 3?!

I think their study is BS! It seems that they have compiled stats of weed related arrests.

LA's sherriff has been asked not to arrest or even cite people for possession of weed up to 1 OUNCE!

AND THAT'S WITHOUT A LICENSE!!!

treewizard

I was proud of the A Town for ranking. Yeah the dirty South is a tough place to get by but god damn is it one weed smoking city. In the city a lot of cops have better things to do, but if you are in the wrong part or out in the metro area it is a fucking nightmare. I mean I got pulled over for crossing the white line while making a righthand turn. Of course no ticket just a search. Those cops are some coercive sons of bitches too.

treewizard

As far as Olympia goes, fuck wht not just list OR and WA as a whole. I mean Ashland and Eugine weren't there either. Maybe it would look "bad" if every major city in the NW came up here?

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
As far as Olympia goes, fuck wht not just list OR and WA as a whole. I mean Ashland and Eugine weren't there either. Maybe it would look "bad" if every major city in the NW came up here?

OK:

Cascadia rules cannabis!

From BC to OR

PNW was made for Cannabis...

Yakima valley is also a NICE place for weed and wine.

Madison Wisconsin decriminalized possession of up one ounce of marijuana in public or four ounces in your home back in 1977 for all adults! Madison city ordinance 23.20. Of course Mad town aint on the list.

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tallahassee #2?? Oh really... my daughter's boyfriend got 30 days in County for a roach in his ashtray, first offense.

Boston? Detroit?? Nah.

Latest posts

Latest posts