What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick

Veteran
How about...Keep a job and don't attack or burglarize people. Chances are you will not be homeless and wont get shot either. Win win !

View Image

I remember a time when even critics of America would say it was the home of the best and the worst, but these days a lot of non America's just associate it with the worst. Reading the news you get an instinctual feel from a headline of some particular horror story as to where it originated. Example, whenever you start reading a story of a mass shooting in a school system where innocent children are slaughtered, you just know that it's America, and sadly you also know that beyond putting armed guards and metal detectors in schools (wtf), that nothing is going to change, to the point some suggest arming the teachers as a solution. The angels weep.

coldcanna

Veteran
I remember a time when even critics of America would say it was the home of the best and the worst, but these days a lot of non America's just associate it with the worst. Reading the news you get an instinctual feel from a headline of some particular horror story as to where it originated. Example, whenever you start reading a story of a mass shooting in a school system where innocent children are slaughtered, you just know that it's America, and sadly you also know that beyond putting armed guards and metal detectors in schools (wtf), that nothing is going to change, to the point some suggest arming the teachers as a solution. The angels weep.

This is a strange phenominon. While rates of violent crimes are at historic lows, mass shootings are commonplace. My hypothesis is the 24/7 stream of media and these sick individual's narcisistic needs for fame. I bet if there was a pact in the mass media not to cover these events you would see them go away. Look- they started in the age of social media.

And before anybody brings up the gun violence thing - nobody cares about gang bangers offing each other, and suicide is also a personal choice.

EasyGoing

This thread is lame. Democrats fueled the collapse of Cali, this is just the start. They also allow illegals to shoot californians with zero consequences........ Yea, Things are not getting better anytime soon. Thanks Democrats!

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
This is a strange phenominon. While rates of violent crimes are at historic lows, mass shootings are commonplace. My hypothesis is the 24/7 stream of media and these sick individual's narcisistic needs for fame. I bet if there was a pact in the mass media not to cover these events you would see them go away. Look- they started in the age of social media.

And before anybody brings up the gun violence thing - nobody cares about gang bangers offing each other, and suicide is also a personal choice.

I'm willing to hypothesize social media being a culprit in glamorizing mass shootings.

I'm not willing to agree that nobody cares citizens are killing each other.

I also don't understand how people are so willing to participate in division and hate (or intentional disregard).

And I don't know about your meaning of historic, but low seems a little low.

picture.php

packerfan79

Veteran
I'm willing to hypothesize social media being a culprit in glamorizing mass shootings.

I'm not willing to agree that nobody cares citizens are killing each other.

I also don't understand how people are so willing to participate in division and hate (or intentional disregard).

And I don't know about your meaning of historic, but low seems a little low.

View Image

Liberals are democrats correct. Democrats voted against all of the civil rights legislation. Democrats are the party of slavery, Jim crow, the Klan. Now they claim that America is responsible for their sins.

yes, other countries dont have internet so thats why they dont have mass shootings ...

Spaventa

Veteran

Google "False flag".

If the citizens of rich, first world countries routinely massacred school children all over the world, the narrative you have been given would be more credible, but they don't - you admit that yourself. I made it bold in the quote. These are stunts to justify disarming the law abiding population.

Its easy. take one schizophrenic, add certain drugs and a measure of programming and retire to a safe distance where you can then pretend to be outraged by the schizophrenics actions. Finally, dispose of the schizophrenic, preferably at the scene or admit permanently to a secure location such as a mental hospital or prison.

coldcanna

Veteran
We are the country of slavery.

In absolutely no version of reality is America the country of slavery.... Please fact check yourself

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_slavery

The history of slavery spans many cultures, nationalities, and religions from ancient times to the present day. However the social, economic, and legal positions of slaves were vastly different in different systems of slavery in different times and places.[1]

Slavery can be traced back to the earliest records, such as the Mesopotamian Code of Hammurabi (c. 1860 BC), which refers to it as an established institution, and it was common among ancient peoples

packerfan79

Veteran
And the beat goes on.

Division.

We are the country of slavery.

Who exactly makes up "America"?

There are many flaws in your belife. Only 10% of the African slaves made it to north America. The,vast majority were sent to central and South America. The brits quest for sugar for their sissyfied tea habit was The greatest motivating factor for slavery.

The Spanish enslaved and murdered 10s of millions of native Mexican Indians.

The slavery triangle, England made huge profits from the slave economy.

350,000 Union soldiers died fighting to free the slaves. Slavery gas gone in since the dawn of time. The week groups were enslaved by the stronger group's.

In 1860, the year of the start of the,civil war, not 1 single, solitary Republican owned a slave. All the slave holders were WAIT FOR IT!!!!!!! D D D D DEMOCRATS.

So in reality America doesn't have a slavery issue. THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY HAS A SLAVERY PROBLEM.

packerfan79

Veteran
I think every country has it´s dark and bright sides. At last we are all the same.

We are not all the same. Some countries stone women, throw gays off of buildings. Some countries have killed babies if you have to many. What you are describing is multiculturalism, all countries are not equal. To claim they are is patently false. Western culture is under assault. Yet Western culture has given freedom, Islamic culture has kept stone age principles firmly in place.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Drain the Swamp of the Parasitic Dual Citizens that are responsible for 99.99% of the problems we experience worldwide ....

That GOD CHOSE US card is getting played out like muthaphucka

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
The Republican Party wasn't founded until the civil war was about to begin.

Democrats are an (wait for it) American party.

If the democrats are to blame for slaves, than America is to blame.

Can't believe you guys can't hear yourselves.

Gry

Veteran
No country ever profited more off slavery than the US.

Insurance and brokerages industries
have never since pulled such magnificent (their term)
profits.

packerfan79

Veteran
No country ever profited more off slavery than the US.

Insurance and brokerages industries
have never since pulled such magnificent (their term)
profits.

No political party has ever profited off of slavery the way the Democrats have. Stop blaming America for what the Democrats did.

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
We are not all the same. Some countries stone women, throw gays off of buildings. Some countries have killed babies if you have to many. What you are describing is multiculturalism, all countries are not equal. To claim they are is patently false. Western culture is under assault. Yet Western culture has given freedom, Islamic culture has kept stone age principles firmly in place.

Everybody gets up in the morning, goes to the toilet, eats breakfast, gives the wife ad the children a kiss, goes to work, is lucky if he has not a bad day, likes pets, is sitting at home in the evening, goes to bed at last. That´s what I mean, the majority does and wishes the same. The evil guys are a minority.:tiphat:

Mick

Veteran

Another mass shooting at a school in Tennessee by a 15 year old. At 15 all I could think about were horses and girls. 1 in 4 young people in the west now suffers from a serious mental illness. Imo, we've lost our way big-time.
Like someone else said, every country has social media these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.