What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

America

Status
Not open for further replies.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
View ImageView Image
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65272&pictureid=1837088&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
Do you know this picture? This is a picture of an African American man that HUMILIATED the Nazi's. He won a Gold medal in the 1938 Olympics in Germany. That is a black power gesture. It symbolizes overcoming tyranny. Not Nazi at all. That's something that the media brain washed your two brain cells into believing.

nope. those pictures were taken at the Olympics in Mexico City during 1968, i think. you have confused Carlos with Jesse Owens who DID humiliate Adolph & friends...

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Anyone that thinks a new background check system is going to make a difference has been drinking their political koolaid for way too long. Granted it does make it harder for a law abiding citizen purchase a weapon but it does nothing to stop a criminal or those intent on harming others.
Here's an idea for a new law that makes more sense than enhanced background checks---
If you steal a gun or purchase one that you know or suspect may have been stolen, or if you intend to use said weapon during the commission of a crime, you have 30 days to register the stolen or suspected stolen gun. This should stop most gun crime in its tracks. I can't see the gun control crowd not getting behind this new proposed law because it makes more sense than new background checks for the innocents that totally willing already to legally purchase weapons now.

resinryder

Veteran
nope. those pictures were taken at the Olympics in Mexico City during 1968, i think. you have confused Carlos with Jesse Owens who DID humiliate Adolph & friends...

Come on man, it's his story, let him tell it the way he wants. Why let a little thing like facts get in the way. lol

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
lol this thread still

ever thing the reason america is going down the shitter is we worship money so strongly we allowed marketing encouraged impulse rewarded instant self gratifying behavior to permeate us so strongly that people can lose their shit and make the worst life changing decisions in a moments notice

but that is how you keep the shit wheel chugging along to purgatory

fuck drinking the kool aid everyone is drinking I gots my own

CaptainDankness

only thing it should explain is that its statistically likely i'll never need to hold one. and the place i live can afford to hire enough police with guns.. i remember someone in here saying their town only has 1 cop or something like that lol. i've been invited to go shooting at ranges and whatnot. just not interested. i'd rather try playing some airsoft lol looks fun.

[YOUTUBEIF]5Dejnlz2bqg[/YOUTUBEIF]

That was probably me. One cop in my entire town and it's a pretty big town with a bunch of meth heads and junkies who rob lots of houses.

Of course my dogs are pretty scary, but it's real easy to poison a dog.

I also use guns several times a week mostly for fun lots of critters and predators of course I do hunt as well. I live in the mountains I don't leave the house unarmed just bear, mountain lions and wolves are bad enough let alone the most dangerous animals in the world Homosapien. :tiphat:

packerfan79

Veteran
:laughing:
Sounds about right, seems most of the anti gun folk don't even own a gun. Must live in the suburbs.

Once shit hits the fan and the criminal element heads for the easy pickings of the quiet suburbs. Those same anti gun folks will be getting real friendly with the folks out in the sticks. The people who don't buy in to the anti gun crap, will have to decide if we should protect the people who have villanized them.

Gry

Veteran
Can recall when the little carnivals that would come around had a 'shooting' gallery that used .22shorts.
Doesn't seem so long ago after a couple bong hits, and that was in the suburbs.

resinryder

Veteran
Once shit hits the fan and the criminal element heads for the easy pickings of the quiet suburbs. Those same anti gun folks will be getting real friendly with the folks out in the sticks. The people who don't buy in to the anti gun crap, will have to decide if we should protect the people who have villanized them.

Man that will be easy. If anything were to ever happen, make up a sign to put in your yard or on your apartment door that says--

I Believe in the Second Amendment
My Neighbor doesn't.

BTW, if you're willing to take one of my rights away, which one of yours are you willing to give up?

armedoldhippy

Veteran

if they are otherwise good folks, bring food, drinks, & ammo they looted from a hardware store on the way out, maybe.:biggrin: or maybe you take the grub & ammo & shut the door in their face. wait, are these theoretically relatives? fuck 'em...:tiphat: get those useless fucks out of the gene pool.:moon:

CaptainDankness

That's how it is when you depend on someone else to ensure your personal safety. We don't call cops here for any reason.

For real, only time I ever called the police is way back when my house got robbed and a pistol was stolen. Didn't have much of a choice because if the gun got used in a murder the serial numbers would lead back to me.

Thankfully I only had a piece of shit highpoint. Lol

EasyGoing

i've literally payed no attention to these gun marches or anything these kids or people have to say but can you show me where they say "take all the guns?"

cause as far as i know they want tighter gun control including measures that are already overwhelmingly supported by Americans (such as universal background checks).

https://youtu.be/K-4tVcAho74?t=2m43s

Check it out for yourself..... You really buy that these kids don't want to take your guns? Are you serious....... I wondered who the media was fooling, i guess it was people like you.......

Cannavore

Veteran
https://youtu.be/K-4tVcAho74?t=2m43s

Check it out for yourself..... You really buy that these kids don't want to take your guns? Are you serious....... I wondered who the media was fooling, i guess it was people like you.......

how could the media be fooling me when i said i haven't even been paying attention to any of this lol

Hence your irrational fear.:tiphat:

i never stated i am against owning guns. in fact i'm quite indifferent on the issue. but if it came down to having more guns or less guns in the country i am in favor of the latter.

"American voters support stricter gun laws 66 - 31 percent, the highest level of support ever measured by the independent Quinnipiac University National Poll, with 50 - 44 percent support among gun owners and 62 - 35 percent support from white voters with no college degree and 58 - 38 percent support among white men.

Today's result is up from a negative 47 - 50 percent measure of support in a December 23, 2015, survey by the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University Poll.

Support for universal background checks is itself almost universal, 97 - 2 percent, including 97 - 3 percent among gun owners. Support for gun control on other questions is at its highest level since the Quinnipiac University Poll began focusing on this issue in the wake of the Sandy Hook massacre:
67 - 29 percent for a nationwide ban on the sale of assault weapons;
83 - 14 percent for a mandatory waiting period for all gun purchases. It is too easy to buy a gun in the U.S. today, American voters say 67 - 3 percent. If more people carried guns, the U.S. would be less safe, voters say 59 - 33 percent. Congress needs to do more to reduce gun violence, voters say 75 - 17 percent."

all sounds pretty reasonable to me.

lol you talk as if we live in a Mad Max movie with roving gangs of theives and criminals going around from state to state causing havoc.

violent crime is in the decline
gun violence is in the decline
property crime is in the decline

packerfan79

Veteran
how could the media be fooling me when i said i haven't even been paying attention to any of this lol

i never stated i am against owning guns. in fact i'm quite indifferent on the issue. but if it came down to having more guns or less guns in the country i am in favor of the latter.

"American voters support stricter gun laws 66 - 31 percent, the highest level of support ever measured by the independent Quinnipiac University National Poll, with 50 - 44 percent support among gun owners and 62 - 35 percent support from white voters with no college degree and 58 - 38 percent support among white men.

Today's result is up from a negative 47 - 50 percent measure of support in a December 23, 2015, survey by the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University Poll.

Support for universal background checks is itself almost universal, 97 - 2 percent, including 97 - 3 percent among gun owners. Support for gun control on other questions is at its highest level since the Quinnipiac University Poll began focusing on this issue in the wake of the Sandy Hook massacre:
67 - 29 percent for a nationwide ban on the sale of assault weapons;
83 - 14 percent for a mandatory waiting period for all gun purchases. It is too easy to buy a gun in the U.S. today, American voters say 67 - 3 percent. If more people carried guns, the U.S. would be less safe, voters say 59 - 33 percent. Congress needs to do more to reduce gun violence, voters say 75 - 17 percent."

all sounds pretty reasonable to me.

lol you talk as if we live in a Mad Max movie with roving gangs of theives and criminals going around from state to state causing havoc.

violent crime is in the decline
gun violence is in the decline
property crime is in the decline

Societal collapse happens, a major outbreak of disease, political unrest, financial collapse, natural disasters These are all things that have happened and will happen again. Being prepared isn't a political act. It's just smart to prepare for the inevitable. When food, water, and security become the most valuable commodities, people who are normally civil, will become dangerous.

Cannavore,
If you were watching your family starve to death, would you go beyond normal means to provide? I assume so. I know I would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts