What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please do elaborate toxic hippie.

The writings on the wall.....

First trump says he knows and is friends with Putin then he says he doesn’t know him. He’s a cocky egotistical person to everyone but Putin.

There’s much more gypsy. But you like everyone in this thread has already made up their minds on the subject. While I love these political debates, they accomplish little to nothing except for expressing ones views.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I have no idea if Putin and Trump are in cahoots or not....But I do think that it might be best if the so-called world's leaders got along and didn't keep fomenting wars all over the place.......That should lead to a more harmonious experience for humanity.

Maybe they all need to sit back and pass a spliff around?

Why does there always have to be an 'enemy' of the state?

Can't everyone just give peace a chance?

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Maybe they all need to sit back and pass a spliff around?

That would def be a great starting point:biggrin::biggrin:

Even thought it's fun to think about, I would have to be tripping on schrooms to even picture this happening....

Edit: even better, do a double dose and imagine 1969.... Nixon, Mao, and Breszhnev sitting around together doing this!
Of the world rulers in 1969, I can almost picture Haile Selassie of Ethiopia toking one down!

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
In one of my lifetimes, they build a monument for me in the USA.:)

http://www.ci.new-ulm.mn.us/index.asp?SEC=96D3F644-BCE7-4EAF-8213-8FEAA372B8F9&Type=B_BASIC

picture.php

St. Phatty

The writings on the wall.....

First trump says he knows and is friends with Putin then he says he doesn’t know him. He’s a cocky egotistical person to everyone but Putin.

There’s much more gypsy. But you like everyone in this thread has already made up their minds on the subject.

I wish we could discuss politics in a way where we are held accountable for our statements.

Debate style, $20 a point.

e.g. if I say, the US was one of 4 Western countries that provided Iraq with its alleged WMD's (along with Russia, who I don't count as 'Western')- and someone challenges me, and I can't prove it - I pay them $20.

In order for it to work, players would need to describe what information sources are acceptable to them. E.g. if I can't make a point without quoting Al Jazeera, and another player won't accept them as a source of information, we can't make a bet.

But actually American sponsorship of Iraq & Saddam Hussein is pretty well documented in Western media too, just not often talked about.

handshake300.jpg

From George Washington University National Security archive.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Breszhnev's eyebrows would freak me out .

Even thought it's fun to think about, I would have to be tripping on schrooms to even picture this happening....

Edit: even better, do a double dose and imagine 1969.... Nixon, Mao, and Breszhnev sitting around together doing this!
Of the world rulers in 1969, I can almost picture Haile Selassie of Ethiopia toking one down!

troutman

Seed Whore
In the Old Days, the hashish trade was alive and well with all the goats getting along.

Now it's all about chaos in the Middle East and boogiemen.

I say bring back the hashish and stop the proxy wars.

And they say it was the Gateway Drug. :laughing:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah troutman.......a gateway drug to peace,
love and understanding...

That's probably one of the reasons why they have banned cannabis for so long because it usually makes users more tolerant, non-violent and more interested in loving their fellow man/woman.

But for the elites, that ain't good for business.

In the Old Days, the hashish trade was alive and well with all the goats getting along.

Now it's all about chaos in the Middle East and boogiemen.

I say bring back the hashish and stop the proxy wars.

And they say it was the Gateway Drug. :laughing:

Only by communicating and hashing over our differences can we find solace in what humanity we have in common.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssd3U_zicAI

Elvis Costello & The Attractions - (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding

Last edited:

vta

Veteran
Russia....just a few years ago...

[YOUTUBEIF]bowhUWl6rxQ[/YOUTUBEIF]

Obama was right....

But now Russia is now our 'greatest' threat ?? Meddling within social media with fake accounts...a hundred or so Reds tweeting away. A HUNDRED fucking grand spent on facebook adds...OMG ! Who cares if more than half of that was spent after the election. Or that the two sides shelled out almost 4 Billion themselves. Who cares if the Russians organized rally's both for and against Trump...who cares if they promoted green commie Stein and Bernie Bro.

Never mind Hillary approving/signing off of the transfer/sale of 20% of the Uranium produced domestically...to the Russians. Never mind that her husband got millions from the banks behind the deal....or never mind the hundreds of millions her foundation got from Russian state interests.

Never mind that so far the only Russian "collusion" with Americans lays on the democratic side. Hillary and the DNC {who she had a contract with, giving her control of the money and direction...sorry Bernie Bro} paid a foreign agent to get intel from Russian officials. Who played them like a fiddle I might add. We have Dem members of congress reaching out to 'Russians" for dirt......

Russia is not the greatest threat to our national interests....that would be China. Russia is just a third world country with nukes and oil.

Russia better mind it's own. Trump is arming Ukraine...beefing up our muscle in the Black Sea. But yeah..tell me how he is Putin's puppet...smh.

Russian Mercenaries On US Strikes In Syria: ‘They Beat Our Asses Like We Were Little Pieces Of Shit’

The Russian government has downplayed the recent strikes on Russian mercenaries in Syria, however, recordings from fighters on the ground reveal just how hard U.S. forces hit them.

“One squadron fucking lost 200 people … right away, another one lost 10 people … and I don’t know about the third squadron but it got torn up pretty badly, too … So three squadrons took a beating,” a man believed to be a Russian contract soldier said in the first of three audio recordings obtained from a source close to the Kremlin by Polygraph.info, a fact-checking website affiliated with Voice of America.

“They beat our asses like we were little pieces of shit,” the man said, Newsweek introduced.

A U.S.-led strike following a raid on a Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) base where U.S. troops were stationed is believed to have killed hundreds of Russian military contractors fighting alongside pro-Syrian irregular forces. The U.S. forces hammered the attackers with heavy artillery and air strikes. (RELATED: The US Military Is Now Fighting Russian Mercenaries In Syria)

The recordings reveal that the mercenaries, outgunned and lacking essential armor support, never stood a chance.

“They were all shelling the holy fuck out of it and our guys didn’t have anything besides the assault rifles … nothing at all, I’m not even talking about shoulder-fired SAMs or anything like that… they tore us to pieces, put us through hell,” the man in the recording revealed, calling the incident a “total fuckup, another humiliation.”

“We got our fucking asses beat rough. The Yankees made their point,” he said. “What were they hoping for, that the Yankees are just going to fuck off? … It’s bullshit. Some people can’t even be fucking ID’ed.”

“Nobody gives a fuck about us,” a man in the recording explained.

R

Rubber Chicken

Donald Schrumpf called one of the girls from the florida shooting on the phone and said 'I heard you're a big fan of mine' lol

Perhaps he will greet her with some 'Very Nice Soft Towels'?

igrowone

Veteran
the thing about uranium
as i recall, russia sold us uranium/nuclear bomb material back 15 years ago maybe?
part of dismantling old nuclear warheads, and we were friendlier then
so we've sold some back, though in a convoluted way
except for the odd political point, no one cares
both russia/usa have plenty of fissile material, there isn't much implication on strategic weapons
uranium has become more of a commodity, at least for the countries that already have nuke weapons

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
The reason the US bought the nuclear material was because we didnt want anyone else getting their hands on it.
The fall of the USSR and the resulting Balkanization created a marketplace for a huge variety of weapons, not just nuclear material.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, that's how the big cities are. Of course you do get paid a lot more in the big cities. But yeah, look at Bernie Sanders home state, two people working minimum wage will get by with heat and AC. Lol

I remember looking at housing in Compton for shits and giggles and surprisingly I don't really have the money to get into Compton. LMAO, NWA could have Eazily moved to Vermont. :laughing:

Compton average home price: $384,400. That seems so ridiculously cheap after 7 years in Silicon Valley. I'm actually thinking of moving to the LA area for the cheap cost of living. I've been talking with a recruiter at Instagram / Facebook recently. The pay would be nice, but the average house (meaning tiny) in Menlo Park is $2,287,000. I'm free to pursue that job or go after other jobs in more affordable locations.

States and cities should be free to set their own policies. A high minimum wage in the Bay Area might make sense. It doesn't make sense to set national policy based on the cost of living in the most expensive cities.

vta

Veteran
Tonight was the first episode of Mark Levin's new show... Life, Liberty & Levin. His guest is Walter Williams...one of my favorite Americans.

[YOUTUBEIF]ZjzmYsk_fzI[/YOUTUBEIF]

Mick

Veteran
Compton average home price: $384,400. That seems so ridiculously cheap after 7 years in Silicon Valley. I'm actually thinking of moving to the LA area for the cheap cost of living. I've been talking with a recruiter at Instagram / Facebook recently. The pay would be nice, but the average house (meaning tiny) in Menlo Park is $2,287,000. I'm free to pursue that job or go after other jobs in more affordable locations.

States and cities should be free to set their own policies. A high minimum wage in the Bay Area might make sense. It doesn't make sense to set national policy based on the cost of living in the most expensive cities.

Nearly all First World, and many Third World countries, have minimim wages. In the First World the exceptions are,
Sweeden
Iceland
Denmark
Norway
Switzerland.
All these countries have strong unions who collectively bargain for their members, so have very good outcomes.
If all the rest of First World countries can give workers decent living conditions through minimim wage, why can't America?
The first reason that comes to mind is good, old fashioned greed. Everytime there's a push to increase the minimim wage here in Australia, business lobbies start jumping up and down and shouting that it will mean less jobs and small businesses will go bankrupt, which of course never happens. It's all bullshit, smoke and mirrors.

Last edited:

vta

Veteran
....The state of the union does seem to be in peril, this fella (Glen Beck) even compares it to the Wiemar Republic in Germany during the 1920's.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ac9_1519608351

Shits crazy for sure.

I will say though...stuff like this makes me smile....

A long delayed meeting between Mexico’s President Enrique Peña Nieto and our president, Donald J. Trump hit a roadblock last night after a contentious phone call between the two national leaders. It seems Nieto wants Trump to back off the claim that Mexico will pay for our border wall, but President Trump refuses to do that.

Peña Nieto was tentatively planning the trip for March, a White House official said, but the official confirmed to CNN that the trip was put on hold following the phone call, which took place on February 20.

According to The Washington Post, which first reported the cancellation, officials from both countries told the paper that Peña Nieto "called off the plan after Trump would not agree to publicly affirm Mexico's position that it would not fund construction of a border wall."

A White House official told CNN that any meeting would be awkward and counterproductive given Trump's vow that Mexico would pay for the wall.

:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.