What's new

Amateurs dumping stuff

JockBudman

I find shit dumped near me all the time in the countryside and it's so irritating. Bin bags full of leaves and stem - like if folk just dumped them on their own they'd at least biodegrade over time but in a sodding bin bag?
I even found an entire 6inch carbon filter rusting in the park.

Idiots.

And, as someone else said, we'll never be free to grow our own legally with twats dumping shit and giving growers a bad name.

Mr. J

And, as someone else said, we'll never be free to grow our own legally with twats dumping shit and giving growers a bad name.
People dump shit *because* it's illegal to grow and they don't want it sitting in front of their house. Nobody is going to lug their illegal garbage around and dump it in the park unless they feel like they need to in order to avoid being arrested and going to jail just because they put their trash out front.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Mines been going in the rubbish bin for over 20 years. I feel carrying it around is riskier.

bushed

A lot of these dumps are probably part of a rip in the UK. Happened to a friend of a friend a couple of years back 15 kids in balaclavas bursting in through the front window, one guy got his face smashed in with a metal bar for trying to stand up to them. Police considered charging them for cultivation but didnt bother in the end. No mention of looking for the kid who assaulted the guy. Took all the equipment to which was later found dumped in an ally.

G

I would not be surprised if some of these same ass hats publicly preach about environmentalism and global warming and the rest. I have met them. Not throwing out grow equip but trash in general.

I found 100 brand new 30 litre fabric pots in black bags last summer . Still had the rhizopot tags on along with rootballs and stems tossed in a ditch. It must be gangs just dumping , dirty bastards.

JockBudman

People dump shit *because* it's illegal to grow and they don't want it sitting in front of their house. Nobody is going to lug their illegal garbage around and dump it in the park unless they feel like they need to in order to avoid being arrested and going to jail just because they put their trash out front.

Obviously I know all that, but, as other members have pointed out, there are other ways to get rid of stuff without dumping. It's not as though they take more time than driving out to the middle of nowhere to hurl a bag out the window either. Even if people don't have other options, opening the bag and emptying it out would be a start, at least that way it'll decompose.

TheDarkStorm

I used to take plenty of grow rubish to the tip...no one once batted a eyelid...all my twigs an leaves I used to bury....carbon filters can be taken back to most grow shops as they can refil them...thers no excuse....its more hot an atracts alot more attention if your clocked just dumping crap...if anyone sees then someones definatly gona come looking for you....if it becomes legal how many people are gona pile rubish out side ther house...cus if you do youl have rippers kicking your door off.

Boltdank

Anyone been to the tip this weekend?

I went today and it was very easy to dump a car full of rootballs with social distancing etc.

Only black bin bags allowed, 3 skips, staff didn’t come near me.

If you need a clear out how’s the time!