What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Amare SP900's

weedape

I can attest that the sp900 works as advertised. It is a very powerful light. Keep in mind that it is designed to be about 32 inches above the canopy during flower without the included lenses on the COBs and much higher with them in place.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can attest that the sp900 works as advertised. It is a very powerful light. Keep in mind that it is designed to be about 32 inches above the canopy during flower without the included lenses on the COBs and much higher with them in place.
Yeah. I don't have the height for the Amares. I bought Timber Grow Lights 900 watt framework of Vero29 Gen 7's at 3500k. I'll be receiving them at the beginning of April.

Weed Dude

You don;t have the height? i have been using an SE-450 in my Secrete Jardine 4 x 4 which is about 7 ft tall. I use the SE-150 in a 5 foot 3 x 3 . You just have to flip your plants to 12 /12 when they are 16 -18 inches. I have grown them within a foot of the light sans the lenses. Without having any issues. Just keep them well hydrated.

Weed Dude

Not over priced Quality Components cost more. Have had mine going on 4 years without a problem. If you don't have the skill set or time they are a proven product with excellent customer service. Is a company going to be able to upgrade as fast as a DIY? Nope it is a lot more involved to change a product. It can be done just takes more time.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah. I don't have the height for the Amares. I bought Timber Grow Lights 900 watt framework of Vero29 Gen 7's at 3500k. I'll be receiving them at the beginning of April.

I once thought tent height was a limitation, then it dawned on me to simply put risers under each corner. With leds you don't get much light leak

weedape

I wanted to come back and say a little more about the sp900. I have only witnessed it used in a 5x5 without the included lenses. What I have learned is that it provides the right amount and spectrum of light for quality flowers. Don’t worry too much about height, because leds can only offer so much canopy penetration. If you have normal ceiling heights to work with, flipping to flower at 18 inches is ideal. You will get a canopy of dense well developed buds and tons of lower popcorn if you don’t lollipop. The strain my acquaintance grows has very dense foliage so some trimming of fans would be advised for cultivars that can handle it. The Amare panel will require extra cal mag and larger pots because of increased rooting. Flowers of the same strain under the amare are superior to sungrown in overall appearance and indistinguishable in effect.

deepwaterdude

Buds under Amare SE450-no UV

Buds under Amare SE450-no UV

Proof is in the photos;) I used Amare 450SE on one grow for two hybrid testers for Ace seeds, untopped and fed extremely lightly in coco. Very nice health and buds. I found the Amare put of the heat of a 400w with the COBs giving better light distribution and really excellent penetration. Here're a few pics.

Attachments

• Zam x KC1 day 46ish.jpg
    Zam x KC1 day 46ish.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 3 distinct babes.jpg
    3 distinct babes.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Zamaldelica x KCs finishing.jpg
    Zamaldelica x KCs finishing.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Zamaldelica x Kali China (3:7 were black).jpg
    Zamaldelica x Kali China (3:7 were black).jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 11
  • A lot more to her than meets the eye.jpg
    A lot more to her than meets the eye.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 16
  • Zam x KC 1 close.jpg
    Zam x KC 1 close.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Zam x KC 2 close.jpg
    Zam x KC 2 close.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 14
  • ZAMALDELICA X KALI CHINA 1.jpg
    ZAMALDELICA X KALI CHINA 1.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Zam x KC 2.jpg
    Zam x KC 2.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 13

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I once thought tent height was a limitation, then it dawned on me to simply put risers under each corner. With leds you don't get much light leak

Can't raise the house.:biggrin:

Suppose I could dig out the basement floor...