What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Amare SE450+uvb

Borderliner

malawi finished at 102 days

malawi finished at 102 days

will put some boiling water to the roots let the two malawi girls have few days in dark place then chop.

:tiphat:

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
way to go on the lavander. what light set up are you using to get 50uw? Intetresting when you supplied it plants died and fried. pot tends to grow well in those areas around the world.

I camped, fished, hiked all over that road to Denali for 5 years. First time a game warden saw me fishing in one of the streams crossing the road as he flew over. He landed the plane and tracked me down to make sure wasn't fishing for salmon that early in the season. I had a trout lure on so was safe.

My current reptile light is ArcadiaD3+, 12% UVB, 25% UVA. With a polished aluminum 2" reflector it puts 50 uw on a leaf at four feet away, good coverage. Lumitex has a passive 105 watt UVA/UVB light bar with approximately the same ratio for $500. The LED bar should give double the coverage, but until it is bought and tested that is just a guess from the advertising blurb. Probably next winter for the purchase.

The third day fried plants took 2,700 microwatts. High noon at solstice in Texas is only in the 600 uw range. I was doing a top down overkill to more quickly find the max the plant could live with (800 uw, barely alive). The stunting overwhelmed any benefits at about the 200 uw mark, more did not add effect and the dwarfism got worse until 900 uw would slowly kill the plant.
This is a simplification, the ratio of UV to the rest of the spectrum as well as total intensity is also a factor.

On the other end of the spectrum is Far Red. Two years of testing are about over. Far Red was used from 13 watts per square foot through 40 watts per square foot. On/off times ran from 12/12 through 10/14 for the overheads, 30 minutes overlapping the on/off times, up to all night long for the Far Red.
No hermaphrodites, even with major stress. No random seeds, even with Sativas.
The buds were neither larger nor denser than the years before the Far Red. The light schedule finally settled on is 12.5/11.5 with Far Red (250 watts, 70 square feet) on the entire dark period. Paying for the extra hours of light did not increase yield so I am taking the stabilizing benefits and leaving it at that. All those tiny sterile seeds in the Sativas were a annoyance that is gone.
Hermies from the cats opening the vents is over. The summer season and all night light is back, with the Far Red on all night the vents do not have to be light tight.
As long as the deep red leaking in is less than 15% of the Far Red already there then the light leak does not even exist as far as the plant is concerned. Less stress for me.

So I still swear by the Far Red, I just do not expect it to give me bigger buds.
I still swear by UVB, even though it gives less weight the more it is used.

If pure yield is the goal, I have yet to see SOG with HPS surpassed on a yearly average. HPS is not allowed in my garden at all, personal choice. Nate, my nearest neighbor with a garden, uses HPS in all his rooms. Arguing which is better never comes up, we both reach our goals.

Borderliner

My current reptile light is ArcadiaD3+, 12% UVB, 25% UVA. With a polished aluminum 2" reflector it puts 50 uw on a leaf at four feet away, good coverage. Lumitex has a passive 105 watt UVA/UVB light bar with approximately the same ratio for $500. The LED bar should give double the coverage, but until it is bought and tested that is just a guess from the advertising blurb. Probably next winter for the purchase.

The third day fried plants took 2,700 microwatts. High noon at solstice in Texas is only in the 600 uw range. I was doing a top down overkill to more quickly find the max the plant could live with (800 uw, barely alive). The stunting overwhelmed any benefits at about the 200 uw mark, more did not add effect and the dwarfism got worse until 900 uw would slowly kill the plant.
This is a simplification, the ratio of UV to the rest of the spectrum as well as total intensity is also a factor.

On the other end of the spectrum is Far Red. Two years of testing are about over. Far Red was used from 13 watts per square foot through 40 watts per square foot. On/off times ran from 12/12 through 10/14 for the overheads, 30 minutes overlapping the on/off times, up to all night long for the Far Red.
No hermaphrodites, even with major stress. No random seeds, even with Sativas.

The buds were neither larger nor denser than the years before the Far Red. The light schedule finally settled on is 12.5/11.5 with Far Red (250 watts, 70 square feet) on the entire dark period. Paying for the extra hours of light did not increase yield so I am taking the stabilizing benefits and leaving it at that. All those tiny sterile seeds in the Sativas were a annoyance that is gone.

Hermies from the cats opening the vents is over. The summer season and all night light is back, with the Far Red on all night the vents do not have to be light tight.
As long as the deep red leaking in is less than 15% of the Far Red already there then the light leak does not even exist as far as the plant is concerned. Less stress for me.

So I still swear by the Far Red, I just do not expect it to give me bigger buds.
I still swear by UVB, even though it gives less weight the more it is used.

If pure yield is the goal, I have yet to see SOG with HPS surpassed on a yearly average. HPS is not allowed in my garden at all, personal choice. Nate, my nearest neighbor with a garden, uses HPS in all his rooms. Arguing which is better never comes up, we both reach our goals.

Thanks Phaeton for all the good info. I'm either going to gear up and get with light meters or keep with try it and see if it works.

Overkill would apply to my grow as well. The sativas benefited, larger yield, the most. The Tangerine Dream was dwarfed the most but the scant yield was dank and tasty what little was of it.

With a overkill approach finding a strain that response well, some dwarfism but with good yield is the trick.

Both malawi and zamaldelica responded in a way I'm very pleased with as it helped manage growing trees in a 4x4 closet.

Hps is too much heat. Had a closed hood hps and could deal with the temps was very hard to keep below 85F. Now with the Amare heat is no longer an issue being able to keep temps below 80F usually 77F during this winter grow.

Here is the last resting place b4 chop.

:tiphat:

Last edited:

Borderliner

Got the multi-top malawi girl dried and jarred with final wt. 127g:woohoo:

excellent light penatration no pop corn buds great light intensity turning her to a golden color of deliciousness.

Borderliner

Malawi #2 columnar pheno 52g dry wt.

Next plan to pheno hunt pkgs of reg malawi seeds to find #1 pheno which love to have a room full of those yielders. I'd run with the same light set up not knowing any reading. I have all the results I need knowing how much the #1 pheno yielded.:tiphat:

Borderliner

Ok, all in jars now so for 3 zamaldelicas and 2 malawi total wt. 453g of dank stony trip weed that locally from disp would cost close to 9k and not this quality as I know what they have on hand. :woohoo:

Borderliner

I must have still been ripped from last night when posted this am. Local disp oz about $300 so 4,800 for pound here.:tiphat:

Muleskinner

Veteran
looking good man, I would not have expected a tropical sativa to have huge fat nugs like that! nice job. My next crop's going to be Real McCoy, a "real" 12 week sativa, looking forward to it.

420empire

Veteran
Decent! Would luv to see more from u, and the Riddelme method seems interesting. I would say i have seen other use amare, and wasent impressed. So guess it' say more about then the grower then lights.
:)

Levradus

Moment i read t5s i knew you are a riddler and trip lover
Me too deeply my friend, appreciate your willingness to follow his footsteps and you might be right coz i have doubts that uvb bulb on amare will be enough while using the cobs in a well distant range.. im planning to buy amares same.light and those t5s are famously suggested by Riddle
Can you explain more how you use them
Distances times ?
Good.luck on your extraordinary journey
It is amazing to share such experience for me coz its kinda my dream setup.. good job good luck best wishes wonderful vibes

Levradus

Just finished through to topic and admired the work u succeed please wash me with the info because i will exactly set the same up.in my future 4x4 closet....
When u start using amares uv bulb.
How long a day ?
Did u keep the t5 open all the way through those wonderlanders buds ?

Borderliner

Can you explain more how you use them
Distances times ?
Good.luck on your extraordinary journey
It is amazing to share such experience for me coz its kinda my dream setup.. good job good luck best wishes wonderful vibes

Thanks for posting and the good vibes and good luck in your quest.

keep them at canopy level starting in veg 14 hr and run them til harvest. in flower run 11.5hr on.

Latest posts

Latest posts