What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Am I being too paranoid?

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Ok...heres the deal. Been growing indoors the past decade, and really have not had a vacation during that time where Ive gone away and left my grow unattended.

Taking a break from growing is not an option...but I really need to get away and the only thing keeping me from doing so is fear of something such as a fire or electrical problem happening. I usually make sure I am home at lights on to make sure everything is kosher. Doesnt always happen, but 80% of the time I am able to do that.

I am basically running a 1000 watt hps on a dimmable ballast in a 5x5 tent with a fan running for exhaust.

I really need to get away...Should I just switch it down to 500 watts and leave he fan running 24 hours (fan is not hooked up to a timer), or just gamble and keep the lights off for the 2-3 days away (current grow is about 3-4 weeks into flower) ?

Yeah I went through the exact same thing and I was only gone for a couple of weeks but I had to shut it all down. I do wish there were ppl that came in to look after the grow because I lost one of my fav cuts then. Too bad you couldn't get a good friend to help out.. One thing is for certain I never regretted leaving the grow and traveling I do love to travel . Stay frosty headband 707:biggrin: