What's new

Alternative to coffee filters for extractions?

I've done tons of iso extractions and other things which require using a coffee filter to keep the solids out of the liquid before evaporating it. These filters always seem to clog up rather quickly and I tend to have to change them or pick them up and squeeze the rest out. Can anyone recommend any other type of filter that doesn't clog as easily? Maybe it's just the brand I'm using (some no name type I think I got at the dollar store). They work, but just clog really easily.

G

I just bought a funnel with a metal strainer in it, it's fairly small and connects. I got this at walmart. Good to run the rinse through before the carbon for the cleaning.

Many forget to do some cleaning with carbon....it's the trick for purity, not the black/green stuff.

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I use a hemp teabag, cut to my size for BHO [3 thichnesses ], for something larger you might try a cloth stew bag or similar cloth cooking pouch. The cheesecloth paint filtering bags are working well for filltering cannabutter. Oh yeah, and old coffee filters from the thrift shops can sometimes be amazing.
H

dieselman

I strain mine first with the a fine mesh like a metal coffee maker or the things you get from a hospital to piss in to look for kidney stones (sounds gross but they are clean) then I put them through the coffee filter for the final run. works very well.

DM