What's new

Alternative for mason jars

nomaad

Veteran
You might be able to find something at a local homebrew store (beer brewing). Last I checked IKEA has jars too, but not sure what sizes.

Better to just order a dozen online. Jars in retail stores cost the same as jars online + shipping, at least in my area.

no way... the shipping on mason jars, in my experience, has doubled the price. 6x1/2gal jars is about 12 bucks at ACE. here is a deal: http://www.hardwareandtools.com/invt/3383536 if you buy 60$ worth, you get free shipping. its probably slow and the price of around $15 for 6 isn't good, but it isn't bad. but you probably need them NOW.

S

sparkjumper

Man we had a miscommunication last time I ordered mason jars and I'm sitting on 8 boxes(six in each) of half gallon mason jars lol.I remember the pint and quart days but now 1/2 gallon is the gig yippy

Sleepy

Veteran
Ace Hardware

in stock...$10.99 for a case of six...

looks like i need some stuff...hehehe:woohoo:

Norrath

duno if you guys have ikea, but they have large glass jars fairly cheap too. i can never muster the gumption to buy tens of jars there, always feel so sketchy. I wonder if they mail order items...hmmm

S

sparkjumper

If you google 1/2 gallon mason jars you cant miss.The average price for 6 1/2 gallon Ball mason jars is around 10 bucks.I think I found mine for 8.99

Sleepy

Veteran
i found them at michaels but damn they were 3$ a peice ouch

just got back from Ace Hardware...

$10.99 for a case of 12...score!

i have been looking for a while...thanks, guys...i got some other stuff while i was there, they were having a little sale...

hehehe:woohoo: