What's new

Alternative cheap Jack Herer: who's got the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ripman

The Chem is not out yet.

The Trainwreck is great, see 5 Legged Goat's threads. Nobody's TW seeds have ever been exactly like the original clone, so you cannot knock anybody for that !

The Cheese, whilst not exactly like the Clone, is great, a nice smoke, a friend had 4kg off one of his, you try telling him he is "an enemy of originality and honesty" and I suspect there will be some sniggering.

Fact is, people want great genes, sometimes these come along as "Elite Cuts" so there is no arguing over "who has the real parents" it is just a case of creating a seedline as close as possible to the cut wether Fem or not. 98% of the European market is Fem, so S1's of great Clones are going to be a part of the future whether you like it or not.

Chaos, I've seen this year you have brought to the ICMAG 420 cup a Trainwreck, which version was it? So, you'd say that apart from phenotypal expression, smoking experence and flowering times of the GHS version are very close to the arcata or E32 cut?
The problem of these boards is when people don't smoke the product, or smoke a badly grown or cured product, and then they say it is shit, maybe based on a photograph...
As far as I know, based on some Lucas thread, Trainwreck should be a fast growing strain with indica structure and many sativa-experience characteristics. Is it like that? Does GHS version sport more indica qualities than the cut?
The thing I don't like of GHS is just they don't currently have any fast and clear sativa, they are all made to make you wasted (apart the strawberry haze, which is anyway a normal sativa, as far as flowering goes).
About chem, they are not selling the seeds, but they sell the weed in the coffeshops, have you tried it, perhaps at ICMAG contest? I know, if I'm not wrong, it's the second year they put it in the competition.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Chaos, I've seen this year you have brought to the ICMAG 420 cup a Trainwreck, which version was it? So, you'd say that apart from phenotypal expression, smoking experence and flowering times of the GHS version are very close to the arcata or E32 cut?
The problem of these boards is when people don't smoke the product, or smoke a badly grown or cured product, and then they say it is shit, maybe based on a photograph...
As far as I know, based on some Lucas thread, Trainwreck should be a fast growing strain with indica structure and many sativa-experience characteristics. Is it like that? Does GHS version sport more indica qualities than the cut?
The thing I don't like of GHS is just they don't currently have any fast and clear sativa, they are all made to make you wasted (apart the strawberry haze, which is anyway a normal sativa, as far as flowering goes).
About chem, they are not selling the seeds, but they sell the weed in the coffeshops, have you tried it, perhaps at ICMAG contest? I know, if I'm not wrong, it's the second year they put it in the competition.

Hi Ripman,
The Trainwreck I have is from a Sagarmatha Feminised pack, I bought the GHS originally, but left it with an abandoned project... saw the guys at Spannabis and thought why not run the Sag version. Since then I have spent [aka wasted...] far too many hours looking into the truth, or at least trying to find a bit about this strain. AFAIK, everybody [who actually knows, as opposed to repeats other's words] says the clone is unique in terms of speed of flowering, the vine like growth and the high yield. Steve Tuck and others have made several lines of seeds by crossing and, while all are tip top lovely MJ, it is not the clone, just great weed. Marco Renda [iirc] said elsewhere that it S1's "well" - alot truer and with no issues - when quite a few of his buddies were trying it out.

What you describe from the Lucas thread sounds like the clone itself, mine [sadly] is not like this, that is why I really want the clone.

This brings me on to S1's.... World + Dog has an opinon, from what I have worked out from the jungle of waffle, bitching and politics is that some plants work better than others.... I do not know that this is the truth, that is just this week's best guess based on what I have seen and read so far.

I saw the GHS Chemdog in the shop, but I already had far too much stash on me to buy any more.. so didnt. IIRC it was entered and I thought 'if it was so great I would have noticed it' ... so did not bother buying it, or the Bubba Kush for that reason...

VirginHarvester

Veteran
Rez uses a GHS SSH for crosses, not a MNS version. Shanti was happy to work with Arjan for years, now Mr Nice charge $200+ for some strains, GHS $70.... do please tell us why the latter is a "bloodsucker" I can tell you for a fact that plenty of GHS strains are excellent.
Good post, keeps it in perspective.

FWIW, Rez uses GH SSH from when Shanti was the SSH breeder at GHS and though it is probably closer to Shanti's now than GHS's now still credits it with being GHS.

I don't have a problem with GHS like some. Arjan chooses to be a hypester. That's a way of doing business. For the most part they don't "overprice" their seeds and they do have some dependable strains for sure. I am not planning on buying any GHS and can understand why some think Arjan is a bit silly but...

were all here for the herb not the politics, like the man said grow mr nice out and grow GHS SSH and yull see the difference they are not the same.
And trainwreck woodhorse had the seeds version long ago and its prolly the best version 2.

Agreed.

It even looks a lot more like the cut. I've only seen pictures and sampled some bud. It's grows lanky, produces small seeds, has weak branches, and is hard to clone = just like the cut unlike GHS.

dmt

Veteran
karmas 10 weeker 150% why sensi never stabilized a definitive pheno is beyond me. 350$ for 10 variables is bogus and should be boycotted, d

skunktoker

I know who has an awesome Jack but im unsure if I should say on here so ill take the low road .....but it was truly a wonderful feminised version that I believe was very good and
dank.................ST

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMO/E,, club together and shell-out for the cost on the original genetics,,

7253JHhhhhhhhhhhh.JPG

7253Jh0014.jpg

Then mother them to clone like there's no tomorrow. JH mother plants are really productive and will last for 12-18 months from seed plants before showing signs of wanting to be dropped into flower. After-which keep one of the clones as a new mother or buy a fresh pack.

The cost of a lid (oz) pays for the seed pack!

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice JH there Doc :yes:
We purchased our JH in 97...sent the money in a letter to Rotterdam I think? lol

"The cost of a lid (oz) pays for the seed pack!"

>> couldn´t agree more ;)

Last edited:

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
try any herer crosses from KARMA GENETICS
the crosses are so jack dom its rediculous.
go visit his subforum and take a peek around.
IMO, this guy is one of the most under rated breeders in the dope game.

SuperHemp

Off Topic but doesn't Super Silver Haze and Jack Herer consist of pretty much the same genes in different combinations(hazeXskunkXnl)? What are the differences? You said in your OP GHS would release a JH soon and it just seems redundant as they already have SSH in their stables..

yoss33

Veteran
I have smoked (and seen) only Nirvana's Jock, so I cannot recommend it over any other Jack replication, but having some experience with Nirvana strains, I would speculate that it has the same parentage as original Jack (same names, but different individuals, of course). Of those different individuals, it's Nirvana's famous skunk that is too dominant and makes the hybrid, well, more skunky :) Which means higher yields of more compact buds, shorter flowering and most probably a lower ceiling.
With that said, I don't find Jock a "special" strain, just a great commercial strain - big yields, quick harvest, pleasant high... But I would like a smoke with higher ceiling.

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
I sure wish poor old Jack Herer was getting some $$$ from all these beans being sold with his name on them...! What a crime!

Do any of you here have any idea what has happened to Jack Herer?

He is broke, on welfare, in a nursing home recovering from a massive stroke. He has never received a dime for the Jack Herer strain and it sucks that everyone uses it so flagrantly.

If you all are so grateful for these great genetics why not send a contribution to Jack in thanks! If you want to know how to do that just drop me a PM...

In peace,
~Payaso

H

hulkbogan

I agree, I heard some very strange rumors
about his situation after the stroke donno
if they are true but they came from someone
close to him.

Off Topic but doesn't Super Silver Haze and Jack Herer consist of pretty much the same genes in different combinations(hazeXskunkXnl)? What are the differences? You said in your OP GHS would release a JH soon and it just seems redundant as they already have SSH in their stables..

Jack Herer is a Skunk#1 x Northern Lights#5 x Haze while the Super Silver Haze is a [NL/Haze] x [SK1/Haze] cross, Greenhouse lists their "Jack Herer" as a Red Skunk x Haze cross.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Off Topic but doesn't Super Silver Haze and Jack Herer consist of pretty much the same genes in different combinations(hazeXskunkXnl)? What are the differences?

If it holds true that JH is 50% Haze,37.5% NL5 and 12.5% Skunk1,one of the differences would be the amount of Sk1

12.5% in JH
25% in SSH

maybe some Hz A in JH? :chin:

Status
Not open for further replies.