What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ALL ABOUT BONSAI MOMS/MUMS

darrinjefferson

heres a look at my new veg tub. its got a my perilite cloner by gratefulhead and some soon to be bonsai moms. also a female that wont fit in my cab for flower :badday: . oh well

i plan to have about 10 of those square pots in the tub, all with a different strain. then i will begin some bonsai. eventually tranplant them to a little bigger pot and what not. should be real nice.

late

G

update with pic

update with pic

well its been a couple weeks now after a major trim on this afghani mom and she looks like she needs another trimming real soon cut rootball down was in a 5 gal container and is now in a 3 gal but she seems to still be growing to fast havent given anything but water for 2 months now using ffof

would like to get her down even smaller as my veg area is full to the brim so much so i have kept 17 rooted clones in the clone chamber cuz i just dont have anymore room and i cant bring myself to cull them
keep it growing green!!!!

G

guest5703

ive read you can clone clones, and its the same potency. But shit, why would they have ever thought of moms then? i love bonsai, i love training. a lot of people dont know you can make any plant grow any way you want if you top and bend and yada yada.....heres some pics of my bonsai bubba kush mother and my what was bonsai purple urkle mother but i saved a clone from her as my new mother!

Purple urkle
pu
Bubba kush

Pink

I love this thread, and I learn more every time I read it. It's like I have a mission in life to see how small I can get my moms. :)

jojajico

Veteran
Pink said:
I love this thread, and I learn more every time I read it. It's like I have a mission in life to see how small I can get my moms. :)
yea ive thought of micro moms for long time storage of your favorite genetics. say you have 30 strains, youve grown them all out b4 and to conserve space you create moms 6 inches tall looking like a mini MJ tree with tiny leaves and all. with a little planning ahead you can take a clipping from the mini moms grow out a full "clone" mom with enough foliage to take the desired amount of clones. with some planning it could be really cool to have dozens of strains in a small little area waiting for your palate to choose them....

G

Wow great thread Guerilla!!!

I've revegged a plant after harvest and grown it for a second season and would like to try keeping the same plant going cycle after cycle. I'd bonsai the plant before starting another veg cycle. Do you see any problem with this?

Silverhaze

hey guys

So? should i or shouldnt i keep a mom that sprouted from seed???
Here are my there moms.(left to right)...SAGE,KIWI,AKORN vs SNOWBUD..
They are about 55 cm each..and i would like to control them there...but when i do new moms ill do them smaller cuz i need some space for clones.but for now there ok.
Ive been training them to maintain this hight..(sorry about the fuzzy pic)
maes.jpg

Next time ill bonzai them.

Silverhaze

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yep that PM workt ....much appreciated JLP...thank you..you gotta admit... this is a info treassure :D

G

guest5703

so jojajico i would say when i grow them out a little more, i get about 5 clones off of each plant...Depending on when i want to take them, but i dont need many at the moment i just made a nice bubbler cloner that holds 8 total and put some prurple urkle clones and one bk in there, one purple urkle died so i can tell the other ones are surviving and im sure will all root.

G

Core said:
yep that PM workt ....much appreciated JLP...thank you..you gotta admit... this is a info treassure :D

Thank you core, I appreciate you helping make this thread a sticky. I'll have to see if I can track OT1 down again and tell him how much this thread has helped so many people. Keep the pics, advice and info coming everyone :D

Take care

guerilla

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Np at all guerilla it needs 2 be up here...great info...every way you turn it...:D

G

hello there :joint:
hummm ok i will keep a log here somewhat about how it gos for me in my first attempt at keeping two mothers, i will try this BONSAI method not sure how it will turn out but i will give it a shot....

here are the mothers still very much small at this point...

ECSD...

this^^^^^cut was taken from a clone i got from 1toke.....

the second mother will be a...

NYCD...

this^^^^^cut was taken from a seed plant....

the two together...

i will top both as soon as they have three nodes underneath which gives me 6 shoots to work from......

after i topp and give them a little time to recover i will TP them into slightly bigger pots and then go from there...
humm :chin:

they will be kept in a 45gallon rubbermaid tub under a 20w 2foot floro...

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
glad to see this a sticky

hey Jaws buddy for the bonsai the rubbermaid you wish to use will most likely not have you a short bonsia. my 1st bonsai is still alive and kickn out 10-12 cuts each wk, i kept it in a 3x3x3 inch container for 1 month then transplanted into the bottom quarter of a 2 liter soda bottle another month. from there a root trim per instructions in the tutorial took 1st cuttings for a run and placed into a cut down 1 gal milk jug. after another month it went into the 8x8x8 inch container it's currently in, i have trimmed the rootmass 3 times in current container. again i followed the instructions when trimm rootmass 2 inch off bottom and all sides then repot in fresh soil and whack her wayyyy back. for watering same i follow instructions water once each wk every other wk gets light fert feeding. i'll make a bonsai of both memory loss phenos i have and of the purple haze when it arrives at the new local. i love the world of bonsai cannibis mums