What's new

All 4 Outdoor UK the best strains I found...

All 4 Outdoor

Hi all, long lime listener, first time caller.

We are a 4 person collective at about 51' north, and I got the go ahead from the other guys to start a little hello here and to show our experiences...

Updates to follow on the best outdoor strains we've had experience with. Only the one's we've ever tried growing, never anything else. No hyperboly here!!!

We've all had a bunch of experience, one knows his stuff! Which is good!:huggg:

DoubleJ

Good stuff.

Me and my pals done a few outdoor attempts the last couple of years on the South Coast, autoflowers and a few diff strains; Blue Cheese, The Church.

All with pitiful yield so it'd be good to get some recommendations!

tomfooler

I agree with H.Monk,mold is the problem.
I'm 1/2 a degree n. of you guys.
last year I had mold on Royal Dane and GG#5.

All 4 Outdoor

K here we go now.....

So a quick intro from the All 4 Outdoor crew...

We're a bunch of older stoners who like nothing more than hanging out together (families permitting!) and puffing on whatever we got at the time, normally over 1 year old cured outdoor fineness. We as a group have grown out soo many different strains over the years but here are our best, biased toward me, not for grows but for personal preference of high and... erm... high!

We plant seeds in early May always, are purely guerilla growers, not used female seeds until very recently, prefer to cross the best male to whatever is about him. We all do this in 1 patch per year, so to insure goodly stock...

Reason for May planting: No problems with temps and VERY importantly, the grasses and surrounding vegetation have grown sifficiently to feed the rabbits, deer etc, so they dont hunt about for young tender plants as much. Saves us hassles... also we dont got lights and boxes around our homes so (apart from "mr allround") there's no worries on people coming over ever.

We never text or talk on the phone cos that's not a good idea. Always something like "coming over for a few beers man?" is how we do...

K, on with the show. So no pics, not into em...

THE BEST OF THE BEST SEEDBANK FROM SEED WE HAVE FOUND :-

1) Sensi Early Skunk '94 vintage. "mr allround" has just indoored some Mr Nice Early Skunk and we can report it's the real deal, possibly better than the seeds we have made. So seedamungous on them my friends! Like a good skunk should be. Mostly good pm and mold resistance. Weeeeeeeeeeeee! Early oct finish. Dont smoke it for more than 2 weeks on the go.

2) KC Brains Mango 2007,8,9 vintage. Stupidly good outdoor strain and top notch high. Cheap as chips m8! No trouble with pm or mold on most. It's the FLAVOUR!!! Delicious mangoey watermellony taste, gorgeous smell. Great mixed high. Loved by us all. Late oct finish.

3) Nirvana Early Misty 2008,9 vintage. Way strong after a good cure, bells and whistles in yer ears, trippy. Watch our for the powdery mildew on the top bud... late oct finish.

4) Mandala Mandala No1 2008,9. Good uppy high without paranioa and nerves. Contemplative bliss! Good resistance and mid oct finish.

THE BEST SEEDS WE HAVE MADE :-

We crossed some way old early skunk f2's (made in '94 cos one of us was just starting and hadn't met the rest yet) to the most smelly yummy female Mango of 2007. Turned out tops, makes it come in around mid oct, good mold and pm resistance.

Others we've made, but this is the allround choice for us.

Mr allround had crossed the best male from the Mr Nice seeds to the best mango girl he has, that'll be a good comparison. He reckons better from the ES he's got. WAY punchy! I think I'm inclined to agree.

Conclusion: So many variable strains out there, so much mediocraty in our opinions. Alot of quite good too but, you cant really go wrong with these. Thats all you can wish for in our climate. Get a pack of each from the seedbanks and give em a whirl?

I'm sure there are many growers who have other favourite strains, I'd like to hear from you guys!

More details and questions answered if ya needs!

Xtrail

Cheers mate!!I`m on 57N..so its even more complicated,will defo try out Mango..chep as chips..and Mandala#1..was thinking about these strains too.Tried Erly Misty..didnt finish in my area,because of skunk in its genetics.
Good luck with 2010 grow everybody!!

Dödsknark

55 north here. Really appreciate the thread. KC mango sounds like something I should try.

Good luck with 2010 and keep us updated.

hamstring

Veteran
All 4
Nice to hear from some old time guerrillas like myself. Sounds like some goods strain knowledge too. If you get the time it would be much appreciated if you could add your strain experience to Back Country’s sticky "Outdoor Strain Guide".

I hope you guys will stick around and provide us with a 2010 grow thread.

I keep hearing about KC Brains strains I have to try one of them for sure.
PEACE

All 4 Outdoor

Others we've grown over the years, probably forgetting a whole bunch eh!

1) KC BRAINS - KC 33

Good big plants that produce and are hardy and tough. No real mold issues. Nice high from the light green ones, heavier high from the dark greens. Both nice, but cant compete against the best. Finish late oct. I found lots of males, but hey thats the luck of the draw...

2) PASSION NO 1

Dull boring high that gets only a bit better with age. Good point is it WILL NOT MOLD, EVER!!!! Did some reeaaly late to see if it would, being hacked off with the high. It didn't. Ready by oct 1st ish...

3) PURPLE STAR (DP)

Yeah, get pretty big and do produce some fat buds but a dull boring high. Little bits of mold...

4) SKUNK INDICA (DP)

Would have thought it was good if not up against early skunk and mango at the time. Tall thin plants, HUGE resin glands, no real mold. Ok high...

5) WHITE RUSSIAN (Serious)

Got a few cuts from an old hippie mate and tried em outside cos we could! The "golf club" one was good but all the rest molded away.

6) SWEET TOOTH 3 (SOL)

Lovely looking skunky plants but molded and were no good for outdoor. Shame, had some great smells...

7) EARLY GIRL (NIRVANA)

Actually pretty good, early and no mold. Reccomended if you cant be bothered to look after your plants and like a indica buzz. No hype cos it's been around so long...

8) EARLY BUD (NIVANA)

We got a couple of packs and tried em. lowish germ rates, 6/10. A few STANK! Ready about oct 1st. No real mold or pm, better high than the early girl I guess, but uppier. If you gave me a sample of each I'd probably not know much difference. Preferred early girl tbh.

9) NEW PURPLE POWER (NIRVANA)

I guess they tried to copy KC 33 here, and failed. Identical looking. LATE flowerer and got cut down november 15th, no where near finished. Good for medditeranean climates though cos I tried some from a guy I know in Spain and it was TOP!!!

10) SWISS MISS (NIRVANA)

Good plants actually, really suprised us guys. Nice high, not a dull indica. Monster smell in grow and flower though, so a potential for trouble maybe. No major probs or molds. Late oct finish.

11) DURBAN POISON (DP)

Heard they were good so we tried em out. Yeah, quite nice and gentle up high, not very potent but pretty good for daytime puffing if you've got nothing better on the go.... late sept / early oct finish. No mold, bit of pm on a couple...

more later....

B

buddymate

I have done sweet tooth#3 outdoors before,finished 3'rd week in october I think???Dodnt mould so much,lost a bit,cant remember the percentage.

bens lab

Hey, thanks for the info.

Im at 50N, I did ak47 and chem dd last year, the ak's moulded first, the chem moulded about 50% but did well other than that, huge plant, really great smoke.
I did NL5 x Blueberry one year that was top smoke also but all the main cola moulded.
Im going to try karma's Jamil Sayyida this year, I think long thin buds are helpful to mould issues.

Bedouin

Veteran
Maybe i will add here :D I'm from Poland, but in my short grow "carreer" i realize that purple strains are never get mold. In UK is very wet so this is important i think :D sorry for my english because this is not my first language.

Peace :wave:

Some of a esben's purple strain :D

And shaman from dutch passion

Marco32

Hi,

Do you mind if I join in? I'm in England at 52 North so just above your collective :smokey:

2010 will be 4th season outdoors, here's a breakdown of all that I've tried. All grown pure Guerilla stylee;

Pure Power Plant by Nirvana (Only 70% finished, needs a Mediterranean climate, left to 1st week November here at 52lat too. Little sign of mold so cut then. Lovey smelling airy buds, good sized trichs and a very nice smoke too, even at just 70% finished)

Dutch Dragon by paradise Seeds (Only 70% finished, needs a Mediterranean climate, left to 1st week November here at 52lat too. Little sign of mold so cut. Even at 70% finished still a great smoke and whoever treid it said they liked it, I did too. A nice 50/50 head body stone, left later I'm sure these would get way more racy)

Purple Power by FMS (Tiny bit of mold. Heavy top buds. Finished at 52lat. Can start harvesting 3rd week September here. An all round easy grow & great smoke with a head spinning, trippy high. The key to get the best stone outta these is to grow them completely out if, weather permitting, until the leafs are yellowing ect)

Maroc by FMS (No mold. 80% finished, had to cut early due to security scare. Low/Middle yielding but a quality stoners smoke with a 'couch lock' 'lead leg' body stone. I found it hard to walk whilst smoking this lol)

Swiss Miss by Nirvana (No mold. Good yielding. Stoney yet high All-round feel good Buzz. A fav daytime smoke for me)

Frisian Dew by Paradise Seeds (No mold. Finished here at 52lat. Expensive seeds but a beautiful outdoor strain to grow will reward with classy looking, almost indoor a quality buds [looks & taste wise, no leafy buds here])

AMS by Greenhouse Seeds (Stolen last few weeks of season :tumbleweed:)

All 4 Outdoor

Good vibes from you guys, thanks for the input. Good to see there are a few of us guerilla guys about these here parts!

I'm sure I'll update with more reports and have a few q's for you buds in a bit, but am a wake and baked fer now. Mandala no1 for early mornings! Guerilla for the win!

Marco32

A nice Purple Power from my 2007 season ..

Attachments

• 13b29b94852f42580b2b25331dad8f0a.jpg
    13b29b94852f42580b2b25331dad8f0a.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 2940bcbbe244ecb8cc963bc0ab395f3a.jpg
    2940bcbbe244ecb8cc963bc0ab395f3a.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 996248dedde24faef0ad2a77a0db0870.jpg
    996248dedde24faef0ad2a77a0db0870.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 20
  • S6001289.jpg
    S6001289.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 20

All 4 Outdoor

K, a few more and then i figure that'll do...

HOLLANDS HOPE (NIRVANA)

Mostly ok but with one that stood out, being tallish and producing some pretty good smoke. Skunkyesque high on that one, no mold (well, a bit on one lower branch but probably from a preflower, no big deal), late oct finish, like 27th if I recall, grown by l'il miss sunshine (our cool girly!). She said no mold or pm, has a few good spots that never get looked on cos she grow's in the middle of blackthorn patches, the nutter! Even deer rarely a problem in them parts!!!

DURBAN POISON, FROM DURBAN, SOUTH AFRICA...

Could big this one up (you know how people do when it's a rare "I got it and you dont" thing... oooh your sooo expert etc. load-o-bollox!), but reality was no better than seeds we all buy. Early nov finish here on these, monster large and spindly but producing some ok buds, not much mold or pm. Has a hint of that aniseed thing going on. Uppy but not trippy. No better than DP's version thats for sure...

BTW, we sometimes cut around one side of the plants soil (about a foot out from trunk) and tip the plant over to near horizontal in about august if it's a late bloomer and getting too tall, tie it with tie wrapp (green plastic wire from garden centre) to a branch of a tree stuck into the ground near the top of the plant, hey presto it now not so big. Recovers well and all the side branches then grow up towards the sun. Sweet! Beats topping.... nice one mr pink (our other guy. "Why am I Mr Pink?".... "cos you're a FAAAG, ok??!!")

-----------------------------

NOT GROWN BY US BUT A GUY WE KNOW AND IS TRUSTED!!!

TIMEBOMB (LEGENDS)

He do the cutting thing and has a righteous cut of this. Kicks ass actually! Says the timewarp leaner is the best cos it dont mold up like the blueberry one can a bit. Me wanna cut, but he tooo far away for our lazy asses to go to!!! One to get and find that tall spindler, but cant be arsed, got maaany seeds. Best to work with what you know and be content imo.

-----------------------------

K, there you goes. We dont grow any "oooh, this is the best thing since sliced bread" new strains cos we are content with what we have. Wont go near till they got proven records by trusted people. Having said that some of you guys CLEARLY know yer stuff and a BIG thumbs up from us all at the All 4 Outdoor crew.

Coming up... how we grow, organic stylee and easy ferts stylee...

Latest posts

Latest posts