What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AliceD Closet Redesign & Improvement

Corpselover Fat

I don't really NEED to close them. I wanted the option for stealth reasons. And to maintain a good environment, I'd probably need to leave them mostly open or mostly closed.

I just need to be as stealthy as possible and don't really want any visitors, not just landlord, to discover. What are your thoughts?

It's still going to make noise. Then again I've had people not notice I grow even though they sat on a sofa with my closet door slightly open just behind them, HPS yellow light coming out and the exhaust duct hanging from the closet door handle...

Tents aren't very pretty so I hung curtains around mine. Maybe you could do something similar?

AliceDAnon

It's still going to make noise. Then again I've had people not notice I grow even though they sat on a sofa with my closet door slightly open just behind them, HPS yellow light coming out and the exhaust duct hanging from the closet door handle...

Tents aren't very pretty so I hung curtains around mine. Maybe you could do something similar?
I've grown here before. Only two grows. But I just did what we talked about and left the doors open.

I told myself I wasn't going to start the next grow until I designed a way to keep the doors shut but not sure...

I run an air purifier in the room which covers the fan noises pretty well, especially with the closet doors shut. Only sign there's a grow is the power cord coming out from under the closet door.

AliceDAnon

I’m trying to align my filter and fan towards the center of the tent to align with the vent ports of the tent. The fan shouldn’t be a problem, however, everytime I pull the center crossbar to the middle and reattach the filter, the weight of the filter pulls the center crossbar back towards the filter. How can I fix this and align them to the center?

If I put the filter straps over just the center cross bar instead of the center and back bars, will that fix the issue?

filter.jpg

ridoo

if the bar moves you can put ties, zip ties, cable ties, for stop them where you want it to stay (you put the ties around the other bar), i use inner tube for suspend my stuff, cut, make knots, it is strong and absorb very well vibrations also, and take them in the trashes of a repair-bike shop near my home lol... and it is easy to adjust if need to move up or down

AliceDAnon

if the bar moves you can put ties, zip ties, cable ties, for stop them where you want it to stay (you put the ties around the other bar), i use inner tube for suspend my stuff, cut, make knots, it is strong and absorb very well vibrations also, and take them in the trashes of a repair-bike shop near my home lol... and it is easy to adjust if need to move up or down
This idea worked perfectly. Thanks so much @ridoo

ridoo

you are very welcome, zip ties and inner tube are cheap things if not found outside 'depends where you live i know this', and can be very useful in a closet
if you hang the air extractor with the inner tube then check the position in the next days, even small vivrations can sometimes make the knots move, you can safe your knots with... zip ties
I also use to put pvc coated chain link fence on ceiling of my closet, before all the other things, just cut the right rectangular shape and attach it with.. zip ties on lateral bars.. I use this for hang things inside the closet, small vents and so on...
:)

Last edited:

AliceDAnon

Re-hanging my ducting tonight. Remind me, do I want to attach the duct to the fan around the outside of the fan or in the inside of the fan opening? Will wrap with aluminum tape and then use a duct clamp over tape. Thanks!

ridoo

pull the duct around the outside of the fan, like a condom over the thing, it looks a bit hard at first but if you get the right size on each parts it should fit perfect, then yes you can use alu tape and a duct clamp over the tape for being sure it doesn't move again

AliceDAnon

So I've got an issue with the setup. I was putting my duct on and realized that I need to have my fan/filter lined up with the tent port.

Right now it is too far to the back side of the tent and there is not enough room for the duct to fit comfortably.

I can't seem to figure out how to hang the fan and filter in line with the tent port. Can ya'll give me some feedback on what I might be doing wrong and how do to this correctly?
LineUp.JPG

AliceDAnon

I've managed to center my ventilation by hanging both the fan and filter with straps from the center bar. I also used ratchet hangers as a backup hanger for the fan.

Any other safety measures I should take regarding hanging?

fanhanging.jpg
fanhangers.jpg

AliceDAnon

Is there any safety hazards to mounting a power strip upside down?

PowerStripUpsideDown.jpg

I'm noticing now my timer says to mounted vertically and plugged into an outside that is right side up. What's the reasoning here?

MechanicalTimerBack.jpg

Is just the timer unsafe for my upside down powerstrip or is the whole setup unsafe?

ozzieAI

Veteran
the socket holes are now upside down, so is the timer built in such a way that it may not sit securely when plugged in the wrong way up? if so will a piece of tape or a rubber band may be able to fix the problem...

forget that...

is the timer is made for outdoors? i see the word RAINTIGHT if so then the need for it being the proper way up is to keep it waterproof....

iTarzan

Ozzie Al is right. The power strip can be mounted anyway you want and so can the timer.

Outdoors you don't want rain going into the plug socket and you don't want rain water to splash up into the plug if you have it the right way but to close to the ground.

When I rented I never had a landlord come over to check inside. What gives with that?

AliceDAnon

Ozzie Al is right. The power strip can be mounted anyway you want and so can the timer.

Outdoors you don't want rain going into the plug socket and you don't want rain water to splash up into the plug if you have it the right way but to close to the ground.

When I rented I never had a landlord come over to check inside. What gives with that?
You guys are 100% right. The instructions are to keep it water proof outdoor.

My landlord comes about once a year, but I prefer to be safe. Live in a very draconian area...

AliceDAnon

I decided to take off the pre-made wire hangers on my light that use one rope rachet for each side, and use four rope ratchets for the light, one on each corner. My reasoning hereis that if one ratchet hanger were to fail, the light would still hopefully hang from the other three and not swing into the side of the plants or tent and because a hazard. What are your thoughts on this?

HLG225.jpg