What's new

Alibi- Texas Mystic

DrJay2001

now at peace
Sounds great CBF. I hope you get a good one suitable for Mom duty. It's funny, we got a buncyh of weak ones (like TR's experience) but then found a star. I hope you do too and I'm looking forward to seeing how they come out.

Alibi is NOT nearly as strong as Train Wreck and frankly is quite different in effect. I use it as daytime medicine and for times when Wifey and I just want to relax and have a chuckle.

I use my Jack pipe for the Train Wreck while the Alibi gets rolled into some insanely overweight fatties. I can puff on those off and on through the day without being disabled.

We'll be watching CB. Good luck!

Yours,
Dr. Jay

DrJay2001

now at peace
The new Alibi is coming in and this pic is for all those with lousy weak Texas Mystic phenos. LOL. What I mean is that if the genetics are there you can fish out gold from F-1's.

Cut today

Yours,
Dr. jay

Click for Larger Image

G

TM at 5wks veg

TM at 5wks veg

heres a pic of the TM(alibi) f2s. really took to the FIM, all plants took, and have lots of growth points appearin.

really suprised at how trouble free they grow. not a bit worried about the weaker phenos.........im sure they will all give a good buzz. be nice to find that red sally.

only started 4 this run. will get to the rest soon:D

pleasure
CBF

593texas_mystic5wksveg-med.JPG

DrJay2001

now at peace
Man, those TM's look great! If you get one that does a BIG stretch and forms a tall cola and takes forever to finish (60+days) then I'd say THAT's the one.

Back at OG, Bacchus (God Bless Um) grew out an Indica pheno that was HUGE and it knocked him on his butt. So ya never know.

That pic I just showed was from the sick Mom that we flowered. Her healthy sisters are finishing now and are showing more crystal than I've ever seen on this strain. The buds at 40 some days are starting to tighten up and some are even foxtailing. We're really excited.

We evaluate potency on a relative scale with Train Wreck being a nominal "9". On this scale our Lifesaver is an "8", our Kush an 8, and the new Alibi a 7.5 which is not bad when you consider that's about how we rated Cali-O and Blueberry. We have had one White Widow turn in a 9.5. Yikes!

Other ratings (so far)
Sweet Cindy 7.0
C-99 8.0
G-13 x Hash Plant 8.5
MTF 7.0

Yours,
Dr. Jay

G

alibi f2s

alibi f2s

hey Dr Jay, the girls are at 7 weeks veg, they have sexed, have one tall male, one tall female and two shorter females:D 4 for 4 germ, 3 for 4 females, and all very healthy and bushey.

will get pics this eve, as i xplanted the females to 5 gallon buckets and they went under the boomer this afternoon. mixed up some pig manure into the reused soil, see how they respond to that. the manure is quite old and dry. only tried 10% added to my regular mix. wanna see if I can keep recyclin the soil.

will go 3 to 5 more days and let um bush some under the bigger light. they did real well under the 400 hps in veg.

I think ill just put the male under fluros and try and get some pollen to do a few lower branches. take um to F3, select for the taller more sativa phenos. or the more debilitatin high:D

pleasure
CBF

DrJay2001

now at peace
LOL, your plants look great. Maybe you'll get the Indica pheno that Bacchus swears by. If so you're in for a yield and taste treat.

Yours,
Dr. Jay

DrJay2001

now at peace
More and stickier Alibi! Here's one just cut at 50 days. We still have a couple maturing more towards the usual 60 days. The bud from this cloned strain turns fire red with even a short cure which is why I sometimes call it Punta Roja (Red Point).

Here's some of the new pics. Tasty girl- hashy and spicey.

Yours,
Dr. jay

798Alibi_Fresh-1-med.jpg

798Alibi_Fresh-2-med.jpg

798Alibi_Fresh-3-med.jpg

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
This thread has kept me in tears...

This thread has kept me in tears...

I don't think I've ever seen so much beauty in one place. Absolutely beautiful buds DrJay.

GreatLakes THC

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
Well now , I am very happy yall are having good results with this cross. I have 10 or so of the original TW beans left. Because there are seeds where the real TW is only found as a clone, someone before me crossed a Humbolt trainwreck with some Indica dominate plant, just a guess. Either way I love the high, up, motivating and lets your mind still work. I do find of the some of the Texas Mystic varieties that the buzz is not as strong nor does it seem to have the lasting power.

Now on the cross, I plan to backcross the Texas Mystic(Alibi)....back to the orginal TW beans. To try and get more of the fat leafed indica looking offspring. Increase potency and create a buttload of beans for all to have.

BTW, Lonestar did the match up here with the selection of mom and dad. He did me a big favor by making these. I do not have the room to do adequate selection IMO. So expect a wide variety of f2s in size and potency. But again they will be free for all.

Here is a Pic of the Mother Trainwreck....and BTW I might start calling this strain YukonGold, in honor of the grower up in Alaska who sent the beans. I also just started some Jack Herer x Trainwreck beans from a while back.. The jack H. was some of the funnest and best smoke I have yet to grow. NOt a big producer and very hard to feed.

697niceandgreen-med.jpg

Last edited:

DrJay2001

now at peace
Wow Bacchus, your Indica pheno is stunning. I love this TM Alibi stuff. Our pheno is best called Punta Roja because the buds turn flame red within 2 days of cutting. I smoked some this morning and got in the wind :) Nice, light, spicy, a good long daytime buzz.

Here's an Alibi (Punta Roja) Sativa dominant finishing. She's at 50+ days. As stunning as the main cola's are it's the buds just below the main cola (not shown) that are literaly drenched in crystal. This new clone and growing conditions is about 2X as strong as our last batch. Thanks again Bacchus!

Yours,
Dr. jay

798Alibi_finishing-med.jpg

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
Bacchus said:
Now on the cross, I plan to backcross the Texas Mystic(Alibi)....back to the orginal TW beans. To try and get more of the fat leafed indica looking offspring. Increase potency and create a buttload of beans for all to have.

Bacchus is you get some viable beans be sure to let me know. I'd love to have some of those seeds to grow out and hopefully find a nice mother. I like my shit strong. If I find a good mother, or if I someday find the humbolt TW I shouldn't need but the one strain in my room to keep me happy. I don't smoke during the day so there's really no need for something lighter in my stash.

Keep up the good work guys,
GreatLakes THC

DrJay2001

now at peace
Ahh, the latest on the new round of Alibi. These girls are sticky! I hope to be able to test them tonight or tomorrow.

Yours,
Dr. Jay

798Alibi_Crystal-med.jpg

798Alibi_Crystal2-med.jpg

G

hey DrJay......

hey DrJay......

...........loads of trics on the underside vein, them buds are lookin mighty fine, glad to hear that they are just gettin better with each grow.

wonder if this weed pics up in potency with each gen:D like a C99

always a pleasure
CBF

DrJay2001

now at peace
You know you have a point there CBF. A number of strains we've grown from seed got better and better through the first 3-4 rounds from clone. I tried some Alibi but it's still way too wet. That is a good sign all by itself. The water is out of it but the darn trics need to crystal up. I'll just have to keep trying :)

Yours,
Dr. Jay

pico11653

I still have around 50-100 of the trainwreck beans around. These are from the same batch I gave you...It is a trainwreck cross. Not sure what this one is crossed with. I have another wreck cross that I like better called the Widdow Wreck. From the same source. I am about to test out a new cross I have we called the Exotica....Widdow Wreck X Blue Skunk...

Bacchus said:
Well now , I am very happy yall are having good results with this cross. I have 10 or so of the original TW beans left. Because there are seeds where the real TW is only found as a clone, someone before me crossed a Humbolt trainwreck with some Indica dominate plant, just a guess. Either way I love the high, up, motivating and lets your mind still work. I do find of the some of the Texas Mystic varieties that the buzz is not as strong nor does it seem to have the lasting power.

BTW, Lonestar did the match up here with the selection of mom and dad. He did me a big favor by making these. I do not have the room to do adequate selection IMO. So expect a wide variety of f2s in size and potency. But again they will be free for all.

Here is a Pic of the Mother Trainwreck....and BTW I might start calling this strain YukonGold, in honor of the grower up in Alaska who sent the beans. I also just started some Jack Herer x Trainwreck beans from a while back.. The jack H. was some of the funnest and best smoke I have yet to grow. NOt a big producer and very hard to feed.

697niceandgreen-med.jpg

Z

zoolander

Man Dr Jay was full of wisdom and wish I would have got to know him .

Sundance

Guest said:
Dr. Jay - Have you seeded or crossed any of these select TM plants or are you working off clones now. Hell Doc, I'll trade you some barbecue sauce and a jalepeno pepper or two for some of your stock.

I have been trying to contact the TRC for a little while now.

I have sent pm's to Lonestar and the guys at TRC and SD but nothing yet. SD used to offer some TRC strains at one time.

I'm hopefull for some "Texas Mystic" or "Blue Tooth" myself.

"Texas Resin Connection" you gotta love that

Keep on Keepin on

Texas Kid

A classic post for sure TK

God Bless Dr. Jay

Big up Lonestar

Long live TRC

Last edited: