What's new

Alfalfa tea in flower

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
Yeah I be been bubbling for about 24 hours and I was unsure if I should feed it on top of having already been feeding GH nutrients - there in the first week of flower but looking a little light for this stage so I figured some alfalfa tea with some EWC
May do the trick.
So do I just feed full strength ?
I put 2 cups of pellets in 5 gals of water. Any thoughts ?

2 cups is too much for 5 gallons maybe?
2-3 pellets in a gallon should be fine according to cc

Phases

Yeah I was thinking that might be the case after reading some other threads. I fed 4 plants full strength and even gave some to one of my girls that's in coco as a test see what happens.
But I ended up diluting the rest of the tea - it's the first time using it so maybe a strong first dose will be alright get things going then Dillute it down for the next few feeds

Anyone have a recommendation on how often to use this tea?

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
this stuff goes a long way - less is more really.
im thinking freeze it in 1 cup servings for dilution in 5 gals.
its your journey, so its cool you are recording it here for us
let us know how it goes

Phases

That's a good idea to freeze for later use - I am going to have to find some gallon containers to store it in. Then just leave em thaw through them in a bucket with 5gals and done deal.
Now what effect will that have on the microbes and bennies in there?

Phases

Boyd - so if I throw it in a 5 gal. Bucket how long should I bubble it before feeding my girl with it?

Phases

Thanks bro.

I am digging the organics vibe - I think I am going to dedicate a bigger section next run.
Could def use some pointers - glad I got a place to go for some help -

Phases

Waxy. Yeah I did mine for 36-48 used half of it too test it out and then the other half I topped up with water and kept bubbling.
Is there a point when it becomes no good?
When should I not use the tea anymore?

Phases

Alright aounds good. Think I may need to freeze or get rid of what I have going now, because it has been almost 4 days -

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been dumping 2 cups alfalfa meal and 1/4 cup kelp meal to 5gl of ro water. No bag, I use cheescloth on another bucket and strain it at the end. Bubble for 24-36hrs. CC came up with that..

It will work magic in promix man, my bests crops came from mixing organic and synthetic.

Actually it is the 3 little birds who should be credited with the alfalfa tea method/recipe as well a bubbling - years ago. I could not find their long version but there is https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=1218940&highlight=birds#post1218940

Phases

Microbeman - thanks for the link

Also I used alfalfa tea about 5 days ago for the first time. I used EWC and alfalfa pellets and bubbled for 48 hours and I can noticeably see the effects it had on my planes already. I did a side by side comparison with a few plants and the ones I fed the tea greened right up and the ones I just fed my regular GH nutes are just looking a lot more dull - I was skeptical if I could use these organic teas while using synthetic nutes but I was told I could no problem and I think that may be the case,,

Latest posts

Latest posts