What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ak47 from seroius compared to f2 ak47 from joey weed...?

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
recent ss ak budshot seeds were from early last year. had few mistakes but she got way more potential and still really strong smoke
picture.php

G

I've got 7 seed girls in flower. The oldest two are at about day 40 of flower. The rest are at least 10 days younger. They are getting fat fast and soon I'll need to devise something to stabilize the long buds. This grow has been a bit rough on the AK47's, but the clones will give me a better idea of what their nuances may be. Regardless, I'll have lots of good smoke to sift thru to find my keeper.

RedDemon

Back in 2006 I grew out AK47 from serious seeds stuff was really strong and all the plants were damn near identical and all had a cherry/play-doh taste....very distinct

Took a joint to a friends birthday party and I literally ended the party,it knocked everyone out cold..

Miss that stuff,I heard a while back that he lost the original and now they arnt as good, anyone know the story to that?

G

AK47f2's

AK47f2's

I harvested two of the AK's at day 60; tonight. They could have gone longer, but the tent was a madhouse and I feel I'll need to run clones to get a true idea of what the hell is going on.
But as it looks right now, I have 4 girls that are thick like the first 3 pictures, and 3 girls that have more airy bud structure. I am thinking that bringing the AK's to the f2 really opened up what's available. I am not going to comment on smells other than some are sweet and some are not. Resin content is greasy and the branches on the fat budded specimens are too thin to hold upright.
I stole a bud from around day 55 and I really enjoyed the high. Not devastating, but has a strong presence that is very creeper. More so than Ive noticed from a strain in many years.
As it stands right now, I'll be grabbing another pack because I killed all my males and I think I want to play around with some of this pollen.
I will continue to report, but am excited to give it an early thumbs up!

JetLife175

Veteran
I always wanted to try a primo selection of AK47.

Rumor has it that AK47 underwent some sort of revision at some point.

Allegedly Joey weeds AK-47 is an f2 of pre-revision ak-47 seed stock.

Rumor has it ;)

There's only one way to find out I suppose.

It’s no rumor. It’s fact. A new parent was selected some years back due to loss of original for whatever reason, not my place to say how.

That being said it’s a little different but no slouch. The cherry ak pheno can still be found as well. Some good stuff to hunt through for sure.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Back in 2006 I grew out AK47 from serious seeds stuff was really strong and all the plants were damn near identical and all had a cherry/play-doh taste....very distinct

Took a joint to a friends birthday party and I literally ended the party,it knocked everyone out cold..

Miss that stuff,I heard a while back that he lost the original and now they arnt as good, anyone know the story to that?

I remember the days of 15 seeds per pack.

I had the same experience with SS AK-47.

Plants were so similar, I remember thinking it was like buying a pack of clones.

Not lacking in potency at all.

Miss that AK...

Treevly

They(serious)have used the cherry ak in their latest fem seeds of AK47 and Bubblegum/AK47.All of the bubblegum/ak's i grew were cherry phenos.2 cherry cough drops and a sweet cherry and liver smelling plant.

Cherry and liver???

:bigeye:

LostTribe

Premium user
recent ss ak budshot seeds were from early last year. had few mistakes but she got way more potential and still really strong smoke
picture.php

How did that turn out?

SS AK was my 3rd real strain and the first that really got done right. It blew everyone away but that was 2001. I used to talk with Nebuchanezer on cw or og and we both had found cherry pheno's. Went through 2 of the smaller packs about 10 years later and didnt find it to be nearly as good. I liked the Joey C99 so I got a pack of these on the way. The fat bud plants on page 2 look closer to the old sandlewood stuff I remember. They were easy growing and vigorous, did not stretch much after flip compared to the newer and filled in tighter than the newer too. Some sweet potent stuff. They were fat nugs too but better than any Big Bud or anything else we were running back then.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
How did that turn out?

SS AK was my 3rd real strain and the first that really got done right. It blew everyone away but that was 2001. I used to talk with Nebuchanezer on cw or og and we both had found cherry pheno's. Went through 2 of the smaller packs about 10 years later and didnt find it to be nearly as good. I liked the Joey C99 so I got a pack of these on the way. The fat bud plants on page 2 look closer to the old sandlewood stuff I remember. They were easy growing and vigorous, did not stretch much after flip compared to the newer and filled in tighter than the newer too. Some sweet potent stuff. They were fat nugs too but better than any Big Bud or anything else we were running back then.

i just accidentally erased album yesterday had couple ak pics in there better pheno done right. always been fan of ak good high

midwestkid

Veteran
I lived in Bakersfield around 2014. There was a dispensary downtown that occasionally had AK. It was in my top 5 of all time smokes. Someone out there had an amazing cut.
I would look at the bud tender when it was in stock and kind of give him the wink. It was their best kept secret. It got me up and moving. More of a sativa ride for me.
I wonder if its still alive and well out there?

LostTribe

Premium user
I litterally just had a flashback about to the sweet tastes I found in the Serious original AK47 from 99. Maybe they were pre98. Either way they looked alot like these.

I just checked and I have something from Peak I'd like to mix up with a couple of these.

Someone shared this old pic from SoQuick not too long ago. AK99 from the old ICmag is boring as shit thread that was shutdown.
949IMG_1096.JPG

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
As a coincidence I am twisting up the last of the SS AK47 I grew many runs ago. The classic AK scent has mellowed to sandlewoodish.

I ran it twice as I recall, and it is like growing clones… rock solid. A little bigger than the Cindy