What's new

Ak47 from seroius compared to f2 ak47 from joey weed...?

St. Phatty

If you can find it, genuine White Russian, AK47 x White Widow, is a great alternative.

I bought AK47 from Serious around 2001, and crossed it with Grimm White Widow.

It was FANTASTIC. But I didn't keep an eye on it when it was drying and it molded.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Lost Tribe I have some SS AK-47 beans just for the asking. Let’s grow some and compare results. Very stable fems.

William76

Yea,serious changed the ak parents a while back,(they didnt lose them)but after their keeper rates went down they went back to the originals.the serious seeds guy Claude I think his name is posted this already on a thread here at icmag.i can't remember the thread name but he answered all questions.s put to him.76

LostTribe

Premium user
Yea,serious changed the ak parents a while back,(they didnt lose them)but after their keeper rates went down they went back to the originals.the serious seeds guy Claude I think his name is posted this already on a thread here at icmag.i can't remember the thread name but he answered all questions.s put to him.76
Yes they changed to a 3rd incarnation. In the late 90's they were forced to use chronic to recreate the ak. Claude or Simon has admitted to this many years ago. I am only interested in "ORIGINAL" you know me haha! Maybe its out there maybe its not. I have 2 packs of Joey that I have been keeping for preservation sake. I don't know if Joey is making anymore of these or the C99. Last time I looked the c99 and a could others were out of stock. I will report back when I pop some.

Joey's were from from late 90's early 2k seeds he bought possibly in Amsterdam. I saw the cherry cut of AK is available but old AK was very stable and the males would make fantastic pollen donors with selected females like the peak c99.

Last edited:

need4weed

Veteran
How did that turn out?

SS AK was my 3rd real strain and the first that really got done right. It blew everyone away but that was 2001. I used to talk with Nebuchanezer on cw or og and we both had found cherry pheno's. Went through 2 of the smaller packs about 10 years later and didnt find it to be nearly as good. I liked the Joey C99 so I got a pack of these on the way. The fat bud plants on page 2 look closer to the old sandlewood stuff I remember. They were easy growing and vigorous, did not stretch much after flip compared to the newer and filled in tighter than the newer too. Some sweet potent stuff. They were fat nugs too but better than any Big Bud or anything else we were running back then.
@LostTribe I follow serious on insta and seen a recent post showing a vintage picture of the ak47 and new picture side by side, it's identical in every way, by eye, you would say it is the exact same plant in both pictures. Simon is a meticulous breeder, I think if they went back to the drawing board, I'd say the found the original recipe

LouDog420

I ran two packs of joey weed's f2s. Everything was heavily NLD/sativa leaning. I believe the speculation that the stock is from prior to 2000's change of parents (see 1999 high times cup, sativa category, and 2003 cup, indica category... I think the change in classification says it all...)

Found a keeper, but had to sort through a lot of junk to get there. Sandalwood and rotten fruit

William76

Yea,serious never lost the original parents,I'm sure he said they had chosen other parents but after the complaints they went back to the original parents,Claude addressed it not long back,wish I could remember the thread name,he posted it in because he was fed up with peeps asking about it.76

LostTribe

Premium user
I ran two packs of joey weed's f2s. Everything was heavily NLD/sativa leaning. I believe the speculation that the stock is from prior to 2000's change of parents (see 1999 high times cup, sativa category, and 2003 cup, indica category... I think the change in classification says it all...)

Found a keeper, but had to sort through a lot of junk to get there. Sandalwood and rotten fruit

Now thats what I'm talking bout! Yeah LouDog!

How much did they stretch? How long did they flower?

LouDog420

Now thats what I'm talking bout! Yeah LouDog!

How much did they stretch? How long did they flower?
This keeper cut #9 was 8.5-9 weeks flower, 2.5x stretch...

Others from the pack were 10+ weekers and 3x+ stretch in some cases.

This is one of the longer flowering NLD/sativa phenos (#8) that I considered keeping... 10+ weeks for sure. Will end up letting her go cause the other cut just has it going on...

full

full

swampthing

That’s her! The rotten fruit almost puke smelling one is the one I’ve been trying to get back since hurricane Katrina.
I’ve been eyeing JW’s F2 packs on HD for quite some time. This really gives me some hope.
You say you had to sort through a lot of junk… how much junk? Haha. And how crappy was it.

Thanks for sharing. That is certainly her!

LouDog420

Ran 2 packs. Selected down from around 10 females.

All males were intersex. Most females were loose flower structure, heavy NLD. The keeper I found would be the only plant I'd consider commercial worthy (AK9), with a great high but also feasible structure in density, frost, and post process ease. Sandalwood/rotten fruit terps.

Had another very NLD leaning girl but letting her go after chucking some more pollen. She had great resin, but doesn't have the structure I want. Straight sandalwood.

80% of the females from the pack were just not commercially viable. Males were unusable with the amount of intersex, but didn't have any intersex issues in the girls. Unfortunately no f3s as a result, but will be plenty of hybrids and may try to reverse the keeper cut eventually.

I'd give it a go if you're looking for something previously lost. Can't make any guarantees that what's being sold now is the same stock I got back in 2017. I'd certainly wager the JW f2s I popped are prior to 2000's change in parents given the two packs I ran through...

Hope this helps,
LD

need4weed

Veteran

@LouDog420 was going to ask the same question, thanks for answering. Hows the high on her? I always thought of ak47 to have powerful mixed buzz, with the sativa element being very different to haze. She's still unmistakably AK with those big sativa flowers and high calyx to leaf ratio

LostTribe

Premium user

That one looks so dank. The one I found that was more sativa is nice but I bet theres better in there. Did you see the hermie male thread?

OleReynard

Quite a thread here on these.
It's been 8 years +- that I acquired an older pack of AK47 in fact still have the original packaging these were circa before 2000 according to Simone with Serious Seed here about 4 years ago I ran into Claude at another site who was at the time Seriouss business Mgr. In which we had a lengthy discussion.
Make a long story short it produced 2 females and 1 male which are all cherry phenos which I made f2's out of.
Which turned out to be very good.
60% having the cherry pheno traits.

Now this cherry pheno I also have bred to a White Russian with the same terp and I have also found it in some of Snows earlier packs of Blackberry Spacewreck in which Black Russian is in this lineage.

Know it's an old thread but sometimes they like to be brought back up.

Dime

AK47 outdoor yesterday,a very late bloomer but a fast flowerer and some kick like a mule ,cinderella last pic already chopped.

Attachments

• 20231003_164013.jpg
    20231003_164013.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 37
  • 20231003_164022.jpg
    20231003_164022.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 36
  • 20231003_164044.jpg
    20231003_164044.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 36
  • 20231003_163937.jpg
    20231003_163937.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 36

i.love.scotch

Quite a thread here on these.
It's been 8 years +- that I acquired an older pack of AK47 in fact still have the original packaging these were circa before 2000 according to Simone with Serious Seed here about 4 years ago I ran into Claude at another site who was at the time Seriouss business Mgr. In which we had a lengthy discussion.
Make a long story short it produced 2 females and 1 male which are all cherry phenos which I made f2's out of.
Which turned out to be very good.
60% having the cherry pheno traits.

Now this cherry pheno I also have bred to a White Russian with the same terp and I have also found it in some of Snows earlier packs of Blackberry Spacewreck in which Black Russian is in this lineage.

Know it's an old thread but sometimes they like to be brought back up.
That's awesome you were able to get some of those pre-2000 beans to pop. Interested that some people think of the old AK as the cherry one and then others more the sandalwood sativa one.

Very exciting that you have done your own preservation these old genetics!!

i.love.scotch

Ran 2 packs. Selected down from around 10 females.

All males were intersex. Most females were loose flower structure, heavy NLD. The keeper I found would be the only plant I'd consider commercial worthy (AK9), with a great high but also feasible structure in density, frost, and post process ease. Sandalwood/rotten fruit terps.

Had another very NLD leaning girl but letting her go after chucking some more pollen. She had great resin, but doesn't have the structure I want. Straight sandalwood.

80% of the females from the pack were just not commercially viable. Males were unusable with the amount of intersex, but didn't have any intersex issues in the girls. Unfortunately no f3s as a result, but will be plenty of hybrids and may try to reverse the keeper cut eventually.

I'd give it a go if you're looking for something previously lost. Can't make any guarantees that what's being sold now is the same stock I got back in 2017. I'd certainly wager the JW f2s I popped are prior to 2000's change in parents given the two packs I ran through...

Hope this helps,
LD

Very interesting you found the Joey AK47 males unstable and unfit for a seed increase. I'll have to see how mine do.

It's especially interesting because Katsu just released AK47 F3 based off Joey's work (for $100 a pack when Joey's F2S is $50??)

I suppose there is also the question whether all of Joey's releases have been the same. I have two packs, one from the ~2017 release and then one from the very recent restock. Will compare. And update here.

Does your keeper AK47 have strong aroma and flavour? I have been running through some Dina fem White Siberian (White Russian) and both the WW and AK phenos are all great but all are a bit muted in terms of aroma and flavour. Fantastic highs though.

Latest posts

Latest posts