What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ak-47 Vs. Ak-48

greenhit

I grew only two seeds of the 48, both turned out keepers
and both are mothers for hte time being. The looked like Thorax
but about 1/3 the size :) Great plant there Thorax.
The taller of the two is a super expansive hitter but the high doesn't last
but potent none the less, the little shorter pheno I got is more brown haired
and soft smoking, but the high is sublime.
Luv them both to pieces :)

-green

greenhit

JBLUNTS Here is one way of selecting a Mother plant.

JBLUNTS Here is one way of selecting a Mother plant.

HI Jblunts, well basically you grow out some plants
and smoke em, If you grow one you like for any particular
reason, say the high, or buzz you get from it, and you
want more of the same, make that a mother plant.
You must then revegg the plant by cutting the root down
to fit in a smaller new pot. Place the plant on a 18 -24
light regimen for about 1 month then you will see new
regrowth. Cut some clones off it and make new plants
and grow em, and make one of those the new mother
or keep the same original in constant veg.

-green

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
evertime i bought nirvana´s stuff i had ultra bad mf ratio; other strains from different breeders had not , as they hadnt those hermie problems on different unrelated strains!
so my opinion is to stay away from such things and spend a bit more $ for a better ride.
there are so many cheapO beans out there y go with nirvana´s mass production?
Fj

Delta9-THC

from the mists and the shadows .... there you wil
Veteran
Ha Ha Ha Ha!

Ha Ha Ha Ha!

I had to change my Signature.....

V
V
V
V

dakine420

i grew ak48

i grew ak48

I grew the Nirvana ak48 beans, and the high was INTENSE! I felt like I got hit in the head with an axe, very edgey, paranoid kinda high, I didnt like it.

deepsoul

hmm..im on my 3rd run of ak48 from nirvana.This is the second run from clones.

Out of a pack of 10 I only got 2 females. I seeded the lower buds of the 2 females with one male. I ended up with about 150 viable seeds from that cross. I took 8 cuts from those females before I flowered them. I got about 5 ounces dry of very manicured bud.The first time we smoked it, it was wow, we havnted smoked weed like this in a decade..very energetic and giggly fun. 8 weeks.

I got 8 ounces dry from the 8 clones on the second run as well as another ounce or 2 of lower bud.... they were only 7 weeks flower and 2 weeks veg and well they make me sleepy and couch locked..i often forget what I did after alot of spliffs.

In flower they have allways smelt of cat piss, loads of triches and purple -pink colours in a colder flower enivronment.

The taste to me is sweet and spicy....quite smooth smoke in a joint.

I have gotten a bit bored with it on the second run, but freinds still love it. I think becuase I didnt dry and cure the second run as well as first..its made me a bit bored as it was much better before...

I guess if ya have loads of cash get ak47, if ya don't then ak48 will make u very happy :)

I neglected the girls a fair bit on both times and they didnt like a low ph nor high levels of nutes...

my gallery will have some cool pics of ak48. I have loads more pics, but no time and I just started 4 white widow seedlings that i want to put in hydro tonight to sit by the side of the 4 ak48 clones I have going.. White widow is from nirvana I germed 4 and I have four seedlings.... 100 percent germination from nirvana so far....and great smoke tooo..

ak48 above from seed.

From seed i only used a 600watt MH

From rooted clones I used 600 watt HPS

This time Im vegging with mh and then will flower with HPS

closeup of ak48 colours

wet cola of ak48 before a trim

Last edited:
I don't think nirvanas ak48 are f2's of serious's version. I've tried several nirvana strains and wasn't pleased. All of their indicas i've tried all seem to have a very similar makeup and none of them were that potent. I've grown ak48 and know several other people who have and they are nothing like serious ak47. The ak48's are no where near as stable, the plant structure is alot different (nirvanas looks almost pure indica, serious's look to be atleast 50% sativa). The ak48 is also not nearly as potent and has a much different high, it's a fairly weak indica high as opposed to the serious ak47 which has a mixed high and is a true "one hit high". I'm not saying nirvana makes bad seeds, but you get what you pay for. And in my opinion they lie about their genetics (i'm assuming they are the ones who claimed that ak48 seeds are f2's of the real ak47?)

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LOL omo thats a weak argumentation ... have you grown both side by side , smoked side by side ?? Dont hear on the maker´s description this thing is just here for sounding good and delish to buy some crap ... ok its weed but i dont need 100 strains that are to 50 % the same ...

edit : http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=3342 this thread has nothing to do with either Ak or Ak ... :confused:

Last edited:

GoodbyeBlueSky

SweetIndica said:
I don't think nirvanas ak48 are f2's of serious's version.

i dont' think so either... Nirvana's AK-48 has a purple/reddish pheno (just like MOST Nirvana strains) that i KNOW doesn't exist in Serious AK-47...

i think it's more likely Serious' AK crossed out to some kind of Afghani...

Last edited:
G

fjällhöga, the link is not icmag link. just guess. purple pheno doesn't proove nothing and how many ppl do you see growing ak47 anyway? i mean relatively. reeeeaaaly many do nirvana - think statistics and phenos, reports, grow experience, and so on

Last edited:

GoodbyeBlueSky

Nirvana's AK is an outcross... i'll bet the farm on it...

i've seen hundreds of different samples of Serious AK and have never once seen a purple pheno of it...

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ahh kk , sry for that , but Nirvana is a massproducer , Serious Seeds NOT , hence the price ! IMHO nirvana just want to sell some more packs with nameing it Ak-48 ! There´s NO purple in the original AK , ive grown many crosses with Ak and many batches from SS ak from different years ... and no single purple pheno in spring/summer and autumn .. and second the 4 batches of Nirvana ive grown/smoked were purple or to ~50 % purple :chin: 4 different (normally completely unrelated) strains showing the same color , some got even nearly the same smell , so what do you want to tell us ...

Nirvana is good for beginner´s and people who dont give a f##k on brandname´s and authencity

thats it im out
Fj

fjällhöga said:
ahh kk , sry for that , but Nirvana is a massproducer , Serious Seeds NOT , hence the price ! IMHO nirvana just want to sell some more packs with nameing it Ak-48 ! There´s NO purple in the original AK , ive grown many crosses with Ak and many batches from SS ak from different years ... and no single purple pheno in spring/summer and autumn .. and second the 4 batches of Nirvana ive grown/smoked were purple or to ~50 % purple :chin: 4 different (normally completely unrelated) strains showing the same color , some got even nearly the same smell , so what do you want to tell us ...

Nirvana is good for beginner´s and people who dont give a f##k on brandname´s and authencity

thats it im out
Fj

Exactly! I have read from numerous forums, that nirvana uses one of their skunks to make up all of their strains. There breeder descriptions are pure bullshit. I too have grown out several nirvana strains, and just like you said they are all almost exactly the same, and produce decent smoke at best (i'm sure you could get a strong pheno, but it would probably take several packs). I mean, it doesn't even matter which strain you choose from them because they all are pretty much exactly the same.

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
I've smoked both AK47 and AK48, and AK47 is pure fuckin couch-lock weed. My most recent grow was AK48 and the high was similar, (for example, the high does a "surprise attack") but AK48 was more energetic and jumpy during most parts of the high. But still there is no doubt in my mind that AK48 is derived from 47. I still like AK47 ALOT better however.

Here are some pics of my latest AK48 harvest (8.25oz Harvest). I believe it is the cherry phenotype im not too sure. *note the purple hue. (I've never seen purple AK47 bud)

10152Harvest_in_Box_Pic.jpg

10152Pretty_Big_Top.jpg

10152TripletsDried.jpg

Last edited:

lankyb

AK 48 is shit

AK 48 is shit

One grower put it best when he said it. If anyone has ever grown them both then they would say the same. 48 is kind of bland and 47 is pungent, spicy, and sweet. Nirvana seeds are good but 47 is top notch and 48 is a 2 dolla hooka. And why it it that most of nirvana's seeds make purple phenos.

Latest posts

Latest posts