What's new

Airpots RTA System Grow.

S

speedemon

Hi Folks,
I suffered PM on my last SCROG in this room so thought I would dismantle the SCROG trolleys to give the room a really good clean, it turned into a right pain dismantling them in a small loft space, so I thought fook rebuilding for the moment and try something new!!
So after a lot of humming and haring on what to get, I settled on the RTA system from Progrow,as have had great success in the past with Airpots but hand watering was a messy job. I love this system as it allows me to use my Topspin 12 site dripper system, and as a bonus I have managed to get hold of free the IWS Topspin Dripper Stand, which holds the topspin straight between the plants, as per picture.

The clever part about the system http://www.progrow.co.uk/acatalog/info_05220.html
Is the trays that hold the Airpots that drain into a brain bucket, which has a float switch that when the trays fill with water the bucket does to causing the float switch to activate a pump, which pumps the waste any where you want it, including back into the reservoir as re circling method. I have chosen to direct it into the outside drain running 20% waste. The kit contains 10 litre Airpots but the trays except 10 L, 15 L and 20 L which I have :) but that's another day lol

Ok enough chat and on with some pics, these where taken today and the strains Killer Queen x 2 (front and back left), Psychosis (back centre), Psycho D (front centre), Pynamite (front right) and Bluejack (back right) where only put into flower yesterday. As you can see the Psycho D has been vegging longer than the rest and needed to flower, when the others could have had a bit longer, but that's when I thought "lets see what these Airpots can do" Hence the start pics. I did not want to veg the Psycho D any longer and did not want to put it in their in its own and hand water until the others caught up. The temps where a bit high due to ET05 Temperature plug failing and keeping oil rad on with lights on :( but its ok as in veg :) and have sorted it now :)

Thanks for looking, will update weekly. :tiphat::ying::ying:

Attachments

• PC210028.JPG
    PC210028.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 22
  • PC210029.JPG
    PC210029.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 20
  • PC210030.JPG
    PC210030.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 21
  • PC210031.JPG
    PC210031.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 22
  • PC210032.JPG
    PC210032.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 25
  • PC210033.JPG
    PC210033.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 19

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
nice one mate the pynamite looks sexy :dance013:

i put my big ones in the far corners mate otherwise it will shodow the rest out and block your view of the others

im in for the ride mate:)

oops allmost forgot mate could you measure the distance from bottom of airpot to the floor mate so i can gauge how much hieght is lost from the rta stands

peace:tiphat:

BIGGS

Veteran
loving the new setup demon mate. i've been looking at this system and was wondering if the pots need to be raised so the water runs freely back to the controler bucket?

S

speedemon

nice one mate the pynamite looks sexy :dance013:

i put my big ones in the far corners mate otherwise it will shodow the rest out and block your view of the others

im in for the ride mate:)

oops allmost forgot mate could you measure the distance from bottom of airpot to the floor mate so i can gauge how much hieght is lost from the rta stands

Hey bro, only reason I have it their at the moment is easier to train but after 2 weeks will be going to back left ;)

I will measure it tomorrow for you mate :tiphat::ying:

loving the new setup demon mate. i've been looking at this system and was wondering if the pots need to be raised so the water runs freely back to the controler bucket?

Cheers BIGGS mate, Nope the stands raise the pots and the hose is attached to the stands and into the controller bucket, and it works fooking well at sucking the waste straight out of the bottom of the stands, and leaves just little pools in each foot of the stand only, which evaporates off in no time. :tiphat::ying:

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
Thanks mate i was gunna get the rta myself but i wanna try hydro in different pots sometime next year so i opted for the base trays if i dont like hydro i will be gettung a 12 pot system

peace

theherbalizor

Veteran
Been waiting for someone to try these out. Think I will get them for my next run making modular scrogging easy as attaching a frame to a smartpot is impossible.

Better headroom also.

G

guest194

Good to see you still rockin it speedemon keep meaning to swap to airpots. Wht did you think of the C99? Not tried it yet but its got the craziest fruity smell.

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
hi mate is that oil rad an asda one i just picked two of these up and they look just like yours they were only 21 quid and 500w too

peace

S

speedemon

sounds perfect for me then bro, defo going to get 6 to try out.

Go for it mate, at least you will get a preview now as to what can be done with the system :tiphat::ying:

Been waiting for someone to try these out. Think I will get them for my next run making modular scrogging easy as attaching a frame to a smartpot is impossible.

Better headroom also.

Thanks for stopping by mate :) I was planning building modular SCROG screens for them using 15mm speedfit pipe and using the piping into the soil to support the frame, or I could just cable tie the frame to the pots, but first I want to see what they can do :tiphat::ying:

Good to see you still rockin it speedemon keep meaning to swap to airpots. Wht did you think of the C99? Not tried it yet but its got the craziest fruity smell.

Cheers my friend, I have used airpots for many grows now and I am always impressed by both vigour and yield, but they are best with drippers as tricky to water by hand without making a mess lol. The C99 is very fruity mate nice stone as well leaves a pineapple taste in your mouth afterwards. Take care mate :tiphat::ying:

hi mate is that oil rad an asda one i just picked two of these up and they look just like yours they were only 21 quid and 500w too

peace

Nah mate, the oil rad is from B&Q so I was probably robbed but I think at the time it was only about the £15 mark and 500w, they work well on the ET05 temperature socket unless it fooks up then it stays on. I am now just using on a timer to come on at lights off. :tiphat::ying:

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Just posted in your old thread was looking forward to seeing another top scrog but I'm all eyes on this set up now :D Have also been sizing up the RTA, I'm using 6L airpots this run so not any use to me at the minute may try some Tropf blumats with the 6L's instead.

What's the pynamite then? Sounds interesting

Should be fun :joint:

S

speedemon

Just posted in your old thread was looking forward to seeing another top scrog but I'm all eyes on this set up now :D Have also been sizing up the RTA, I'm using 6L airpots this run so not any use to me at the minute may try some Tropf blumats with the 6L's instead.

What's the pynamite then? Sounds interesting

Should be fun :joint:

Hi Shh mate, Well up until tonight I would be saying what a great system this is, but I heard a noise coming from the room, and on inspection the pump is remaining on in the "brain bucket" so I can only presume the "brain" is pissed and will not go off LMAO. I now have to pull all the plants out and check to see if its an easily fixable fault, or one I need to return the brain bucket back and get a replacement, but cannot now until after Xmas :( oh well lol I am sure its just teething problems.
I have a blumat system but have read bad reviews on the clay spikes clogging with nutrient salt build up, so have never used it. :tiphat::ying::ying:

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Happy xmas speed :)

What a pita, timing wise as well as anything else!

I've read a couple similar things but there is a big ole blumat thread on another site where one of the reps comes in and gives fixes to some of the common problems. I may give me a try or if a pump and dripper system is quiet enough I'll give it a go.

U didn't say what makes up the pynomite? I'm guessing it has a lil psycho in it but not sure what the nomite part is.

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
That was another ceoss mate pynamite x shiva male

pynamite is just pineapple x dynamite
is was told this would be my best smoke

peace

S

speedemon

I found the problem today with the pump in the bucket staying on, it was at an angle in the bottom of the bucket, so was not able to suck out the last little bit of water in the bucket causing the pump to stay on. I just twisted the pump around so the intake was against the bottom of the bucket and hey presto, worked perfectly then turned off, I will inform the supplier.

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
I found the problem today with the pump in the bucket staying on, it was at an angle in the bottom of the bucket, so was not able to suck out the last little bit of water in the bucket causing the pump to stay on. I just twisted the pump around so the intake was against the bottom of the bucket and hey presto, worked perfectly then turned off, I will inform the supplier.

:) nice one mate glad you sorted it

ive layed out my danish trays and they take up too much valuable space so in a month or two i shall be getting the 12 pot system like i planned to do in the first place lol