What's new

Air temperature, plant temperature...

S

SeaMaiden

im just wondering.. whats the lowest Lights Off Air Temp that will not slow down growth or budding.. im havnig a small issue.. now that its getting down to around 0 degrees outside. the basement is getting down to 50.. so.. the lung room gets down to 60 even.. at the coldest part of the day.. it will stay around 60 F .. then wen lights are on .. it pops up to around 70. sometimes a little more up to 75..

but the thing is.. im using passive intake threw the cracks under the doors and in the walls and cielings in the lung room to get fresh air in there.. wen the lights are out.. if i stop all the exhuast fans.. and turn them off. my temps stay around 63-66 .. with lights off.. but i dont think this is a good. idea.. whats the best heater to use in a grow room that will not burn down my house if i leave and anything happens.

I do a couple of things, but once I switched to open hoods keeping things warm overnight became a hell of a lot easier. I still need a temp-controlled fan controller (keep losing the damn bookmark!), but putting my exhaust on a timer helped as well.

Insulation, insulation, insulation. And, I also made something that I will still be using in my veg-table-box-thing--an Electric Blanket Sandwich. It's because I'm too cheap to buy seedling mats for $30 that cover something like 3'sq when I can get an electric blanket for the same price and be able to cover the area of a twin bed. Just fold it up and put it in a few contractor's bags, or use some 6mil or thicker plastic, taped up well.

LeeROI

Data logging was mentioned earlier. This is a fun toy/tool:
picture.php

Be sure to check the USB interface when you get it--one out of three was faulty for me.

B

BasementGrower

ok .. so the thing being.. what kinda of humidity are u guys running in the winter.. i was thinking of adding a humidifier for heat and humidity.. kuz in the winter it drops to 39 -45 % ..

B

BasementGrower

it sucks because i have 2 rooms right next to eachother.. flowering.. at the same time.. but i dont wana deal with light leaks at all or any possibility of light leaks so they b0th are on same schedule.. or else id have 1 room on wen other is off to maintain the heat.. it pisses me off. im going to go to the depot and get a bunch of ducting and solve all this problems lol

S

SeaMaiden

I will let my RH get pretty high, 80% and above. I love it, but now that I have to wear glasses there's a pain in the ass factor going from the super-cold basement into the flower room because they instantly fog up. Then I have to spit on them and I don't like that, don't even like spitting into my mask but I do it so I can see while I'm at depth.

B

BasementGrower

wow really that high ? jesus i dont think that mines ever been above 60

Just wanted to say thanks for all the info that just came up about that basement grow. Was having the same problem myself and now I have the means to fix it!

Thanks Again!:thank you:

RBN

Latest posts

Latest posts