What's new

$$$Air Pots and Smart Pots Club$$$

S

Silky Johnson

The Tahoe OG I just put into AirPots... Im still in veg even though I have them under a HPS light. Ill give them about 2 weeks or so before I put them under 12/12. Im going to top one or two more times to get more tops on these OG's

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Smart Pots!!!

Smart Pots!!!

I really like my Smart Pots and feel I get better lateral growth due to them being wider than Air Pots and also LOVE having my girls on Flood and Drain style peep the roots!!!

The roots are from week 3 of veg and the canopy is week 2 of flowering...
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Smart Pots on Flood and Drain just be killin it! :jump:

Attachments

• Week 3 or 4 veg 015.jpg
    Week 3 or 4 veg 015.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Week 2 of flowering 027.jpg
    Week 2 of flowering 027.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 35
  • Week 2 of flowering 028.jpg
    Week 2 of flowering 028.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 19

Relentless

Veteran
nice! im transplanting sunday.. 12 lucky ladies going into 7gal smart pots :D under two 600s! cant wait to see how these smart pots perform.. his is my first time trying them out!

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Those roots are sick Thundurkel. Ive never seen roots like that on the sides of fabric bags before.

I have no clue how you did that, but feel free to clue me in on your secrets :)

Oh, and your plants look great too.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
That's Roots Excelurator bro and H&G base nutes off the chart!! I think being on flood and drain 3x a day had a lil to do with it also. I'm sure it was the RE though cuz every time I mixed a new batch up in my rez I'd have crazy new roots growth the first 2 days and then it would slow back and I'd see some die off but each week they kept getting bigger and bigger just covering the fuck out of my pots! BUT!! As soon as I ran out of RE they stopped growing as crazy. So I recommend that stuff to EVERYBODY no matter what base nutes you are using just add 1ml of Roots Excelurator and watch the magic happen...

TREX from Cutting Edge Solutions is really nice too cuz I have some cuts I treated with it and they were stressed after drying out right after being rooted so I transplanted them into clear 10oz party cups of coco and in a day they had lovely furry ass roots shooting down the sides! 2 days now and I got crazy roots like using RE but furry too! For some reason with RE I get hella roots but no myco action just stringy bright white roots but TREX I have thick furry roots and lots!

C

cheesey

hey guys ... think i will join this thread with my lsted nightmare kush in a 12ltr air pot . ive had the pots for a good 2 yrs and this is the first time ive used 1 ...

i only potted up from a 3.5 ltr pot yesterday so i will give her a week or so to bed her roots in before i flower .......

Last edited:

STRAINZ

I've got 25 (20 L) air pots on the way! :jump:

Hey Thundur, I agree, the RE is awesome stuff! Are u adding the RE in flower? I'm under the assumption that it should only be used at the first sight of a root system through veg, & then stopped going into flower....can u elaborate please? Thanx

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Thanks for the reply about the products.

I would imagine there are PGRs in the RE that aren't listed on the label. Much like Gravity, Bushmaster, etc.

Do you use hydro nutes with it, and what dosage do you use RE?

I was looking at H & G website, and it affects harmful microorganisms, but Im worried about collateral damage. I use organic nutes right now, and would hate to have it fuck up my beneficials.

I couldn't find any info about TREX on CES website. Do they still make the product?

Thanks.

That's Roots Excelurator bro and H&G base nutes off the chart!! I think being on flood and drain 3x a day had a lil to do with it also. I'm sure it was the RE though cuz every time I mixed a new batch up in my rez I'd have crazy new roots growth the first 2 days and then it would slow back and I'd see some die off but each week they kept getting bigger and bigger just covering the fuck out of my pots! BUT!! As soon as I ran out of RE they stopped growing as crazy. So I recommend that stuff to EVERYBODY no matter what base nutes you are using just add 1ml of Roots Excelurator and watch the magic happen...

TREX from Cutting Edge Solutions is really nice too cuz I have some cuts I treated with it and they were stressed after drying out right after being rooted so I transplanted them into clear 10oz party cups of coco and in a day they had lovely furry ass roots shooting down the sides! 2 days now and I got crazy roots like using RE but furry too! For some reason with RE I get hella roots but no myco action just stringy bright white roots but TREX I have thick furry roots and lots!

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
I really like my Smart Pots and feel I get better lateral growth due to them being wider than Air Pots and also LOVE having my girls on Flood and Drain style peep the roots!!!

The roots are from week 3 of veg and the canopy is week 2 of flowering...
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Smart Pots on Flood and Drain just be killin it! :jump:

I've spent the day (on and off) reading thru this thread! Great thread urkle! Now.. after several hours of reading, you go and shift gears and all of a sudden like the Smartpots over the airpots! I love it.. :thinking:Well.. props all around anyway.. I love to play with different things in this hobby. I just got 6 of the airpots and plan to deploy a creation of my own. I'll post details and pictures as I work the bugs out. I love your style and always find your posts to be very informative. Keep up the good work..

mgk :tiphat:

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
AirPots in my gardenz now:

picture.php

Hey KJ.. haven't seen you much since the Iolite thread postings. I love the looks of your girls. What size are those pots? I just got 6 of the 2 gallon size and will deploy them after the first of the year.

mgk :tiphat:

S

staff11

Yeah I have 3 gallon smart pots for soil, and they are almost overkill. I think I only need the 2 gallons really. Amazing because I used to use plain plastic nursery pots that were 4 gallons and I get better root development with the smaller smart pots. (same veg time)

S

staff11

Not to bag on the product which obviously works for you, but I get the same thing from compost teas early on in veg. Just jump starts the roots into a frenzy. I usually see the same thing about by the time I am done with the veg stage. People that don't see roots like that in smart pots might be in too large of containers? Not sure....

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I fucked with compost teas for a bit and still didn't get roots like that but that was back when I was micro growing so I may see better results. I know I will be hitting the girls with some Vermi T this round though.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I would LOVE to know how to clean these fucking SMART POTS!!! Not so smart on clean up lol I have roots like crazy stuck to the inside walls after removing my root ball and coco. It's nuts like I've gave up and said fuck it I'm getting 2gal Eco Pots and will run 15-18 of them instead of 21 1gal pots. But yea I know there has to be a way to clean these bitches I know I've heard of cats tossing them in the dishwasher???

E

el Dream Reader

you might try soaking one in a bleach solution for awhile, it should dissolve the roots.