What's new

air pots and coco

hounddogg

When I bought my air pots the guy at the store said to make sure I pack media into the sides as well.

Justinsane

When I bought my air pots the guy at the store said to make sure I pack media into the sides as well.

I find that if I cram the coco into the pot base/walls then the complaint of water streaming thru the holes while hand watering is negated. I find them superior to fabric/smart pots. Especially when it comes time to removing media.
Folate

In my own experience i have noticed then when the medium (soil or coco) dries out is the time the watering problems start with water running all over the place.

When I water my coco multiple times a day and the coco always stays wet I have zero problems with watering. The wet coco absorbs the water like a thirsty bum...

Just my two cents guys

justin:tiphat:

This highland Mexican x blueberry was grown in a 3 liter air pot. 50/50 coco and Napa's diatamacous earth floor absorbent. Hand watered 4-6 times a 11 hour light period with Jacks 15-0-0 and 5-50-18 variegated iolet feed. Only issue so far has been a few urn spots oleaves from pH swings. I have just started using battery acid to drop my pH and I was lax in checking the gallons. How many times did I tell my daughter need assume anything, you are just setting yourself up for problems. I really like using coco. Starting to mix a batch of coco,peat,vermiculite,worm castings along with Dr.Buds high brix formula for a fall 12/12 swamp guerrilla grow.

Attachments

• P1000878.jpg
    P1000878.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 20
  • P1000853.jpg
    P1000853.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 16
i have some left over grow micro and bloom of gh 3 part series.. currently in coco and hydroton in veg . im currently mixing all three parts in equal amounts, with ro water and 5ml/gal of calmag+.... anyone have any experience with coco and gh in equal parts?? I know the 6/9 method is most used..ive used that before but I was wanting to use all three parts in coco...any with any experience or suggestions , let me know ! currently im at 1.0ec and 5.9-6.0 ph ...looking good so far

walindour

Coco, blumats, airpots and dripclean here for quite a while. Couldn't be simpler and the results have kept me happy as a freakin' clam.