What's new

Agents remove 41,000 marijuana plants from 40-acre site in San Diego County

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Drug agents removed more than 41,000 marijuana plants from a 40-acre area near Warner Springs in northeastern San Diego County, Drug Enforcement Administration officials announced Monday.

The haul, conducted Sunday and Monday, was the largest marijuana seizure on private property in the county's history, DEA officials said. No arrests were made, but*the investigation is continuing, officials said.

The removal, from a remote, secluded*area called Sunshine Summit,*required 35*DEA agents and officers from the multi-agency Narcotics Task Force. Also found on the property were two large water tanks, chemicals for fertilizer,*and a 30-round magazine for a semiautomatic weapon.

The marijuana removed from the site was estimated to have a wholesale value of $41 million.

señorsloth

Veteran
1000$ a plant...well thats reasonable in my part of the country...don't know about cali but i feel like 10 years ago they would have been quoting something like 10,000 a plant...seems like they are getting a little closer to realistic pricing these days, wonder why?

GetUpStandUp

OUCH!!!!!

Man somebody is mad as fuck! And sloth you are right they do seem to be all on point now, and finding lots of super grows like these, the past couple years they been studing thats for sure.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
1000$ a plant...well thats reasonable in my part of the country...don't know about cali but i feel like 10 years ago they would have been quoting something like 10,000 a plant...seems like they are getting a little closer to realistic pricing these days, wonder why?

Prolly from getting bit in the ass by their inflated "prices"...and having to pay it back when somebody wins due to a medical defense-- :ying:

I

Iron_Lion

They give these baboons a badge and a gun, but at the end of the day they are just glorified landscapers. Picking weeds all day in the hot sun :biglaugh:

Ripping up 41,000 plants has got to be a hot miserable job.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^I hope every one of them dies from a heat stroke.

Last edited:

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
And let's not forget they weigh the total weight of the plant..roots and all.Probably dirt too. Hey it makes them look better.
You know I really think the main thing here is they get around 20% of the grows in a given area..not much of a track record if you ask me. Yeah it hurts some growers, but sooner or later this prohibition shit will end...it's too costly imo. Keep it green folks, and grow safe

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If it was a cartel grow then great. They got around 100,000 plants within 20 miles of me in the mountains a couple years back.

I am surprised any of these very large grows make it, seems it would be easy to spot them from the air.

jrmedic

41k plants on 40 acres works out to about 1000 plants/acre, so just about 4 sq ft/plant without much if any space between them.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think those are the distraction fields to male the authorities blow their load on a few busts. meanwhile they have small plots spread over miles of national forest.

jahovia

def a cartel grow. they are getting smarter...growing on private land instead of public land. they had to get a warrant to enter...which is nothing, but still, it wasn't on public land. 40k plants on 40 acres? just that alone screams cartel.

irobot sd

This sounds kind of like the grow bust mentioned in that local weekly magazine last year. Think it was cuyamaca mountains. Feds didn't even find it.. some ding-a-ling and his hiking friends gi-joe'd themselves into some deep brush grow. They had to hike out & bring the alphabets the following day. :dunno: But wow 41,000.. WOW

GetUpStandUp

oh anyone know how to start a thread? I have yet to start one, and I have worthy videos I think we all should know for our cause to legalize.

T

THE PABLOS

Cartel grow? Please...grow the fuck up. If you believe that...you are a sucker

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
who actually believes their numbers?
they bloat every count for fed bucks, now is it real?
they take a sample census and extrapolate the number.
still, someone took a big hit.

Latest posts

Latest posts