What's new

against all odds...my friend "moved to cally.." and he's making it

M

movingtocally

Ironic, no?
A friend of mine moved, by himself, to Sonoma County six months ago and apparently has a few thousand watts going on. As a noob in town, he did his thing with the clubs in the bay. It's odd because I've been tossing around the "should I stay or should I go" million dollar question for a while now, had not talked to this guy in a while, and it turns out we had the same plan.

Except, he executed. I keep hearing how it's the Wild West, how tough it is, etc. And this is from peeps who don't bullshit and are in the know(you all, basically), but it went without a hitch for him.

M

movingtocally

Like 10 seconds after I posted this I realized that this was interesting to me and probably nobody else, and that it had no real purpose whatsoever.

Sorry?

:joint:

M

MoldyFrogToe

whats he doin for a job
ive always liked the idea of cali, if its in a nnice area with lotsof goo outdoors and not so much city

shack

Like 10 seconds after I posted this I realized that this was interesting to me and probably nobody else, and that it had no real purpose whatsoever.

Its interesting to me too Bro.
I've been tossing around the idea of moving to a weed friendly state.
I too know a guy who moved to Cali.He had a job lined up doing carpet work.but quit that after a couple months,and now he just grows.

M

MoldyFrogToe

the problem is that cali is collapsing as a state right now economically, lol

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wish they had a stable economy, otherwise I can't risk packing up the kids moving west. If I was kidless though...

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
Most the guys on here that say oh its impossible to make it on green in cali are trying to dissuade you mostly because they are scared you will take a cut of there market, Honestly Ive been out here 9 months same thing your friends doing, not in sonoma but your name tells me where you really want to be, if i went back to the beginning of my posts I was still living on the east coast but my name still NorCalfor20 because that's where I wanted to be, now im here and i love it and im never going back- follow your dreams man, just make sure you have something to fall back on if things don't work out.

Sometimes I remind my self I could just as easily be doing this back home with practically no risk due to my security measures, but I like it out here. If the carolinas go medical then I might go back for a while and see if I can bring what I learned to enrich the medical scene there but I will be back to California to live out my days for sure....

If you need some inspiration go to http://marijuanabusinessnews.com/ and calculate how long it will take you to make your first million :) Not only are you doing your self a favor doing something that you love to do (you only live once) but you are earning a living doing it and thats the best part. California dosn't have the best economy right now but without Medical Marijuana it would really be in the shitter. People like us who move here to get into the industry are stimulating California's economy, Your buying supplies (paying taxes) your using energy (taxes again) your paying ca sales tax on every thing you buy, and when your product is done the collectives that are providing to the patients are also paying sales tax (in oakland even a city drug tax) the collectives pay income tax (local and federal) and without all of this happening would be a much larger illegal marijuana market , patients wouldn't have 24/7 access to medicine in a safe environment, and no taxes would be paied.

Medical Marijuana is keeping California alive and if totally legalized (medical and recreational)the state would benefit even more. We can only change this country one state at a time and California is the stomping grounds for legalization. If you want to come to California and make a living doing what you love who is to tell you not to come roll the dice with us?

JohnnyATL

Veteran
sorry to kinda hijack this, but how long do you have to live in cali before u get instate tuition for university? a year?

H

h^2 O

meh I don't think it's worth it. The state doesn't even protect it's own people's rights. I would never move to California.
Just saw a show last night on Simi Valley - guess there was a reactor there while back and there was an accident and the radiation isn't going down for centuries. Boeing owns the property now.
Plus you have the illegal immigrants - to whom 50% of your state taxes are going to feed. Then you have serial killers - all the serial killers like California. Think FBI says there's always like 10 active serial killers in California.
Then you have forest fires, earthquakes and landslides. The possibility of tsunami's.
California is like 1840's Missouri to a lot of judiciary conservatives - as long as whiney little punks get nominations to Federal courts the sovereignty of California is in jeopardy. Which is odd, because conservatives believe state rights are important and that the government and judiciary should have little role in state affairs - except if it's cannabis, it seems.
I think I'll stay in the northeast
zodiac-sketch.jpg

san-bernardino-.jpg

brokehwy.jpg

illegal_0.jpg

3.27weed1c.jpg

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
I have perfect weather in my closet :D

With that said,

Sometimes it's best to just "Do It" and not ask questions....

Single, no kids, no mortgage/house to sell ?

WTH you waitin' for ?

DO IT!

M

movingtocally

Yeah. Sometimes i think I should wait until I'm completely finished with my education. Sometimes I think fuck that finish it online(which I can) and make the plunge dummy. You're mid twenties already how much longer you gonna live in WhogivesaFuck, Nowheresville?

And more importantly, randude is alllivvveee!!!!

California is like 1840's Missouri to a lot of judiciary conservatives - as long as whiney little punks get nominations to Federal courts the sovereignty of California is in jeopardy. Which is odd, because conservatives believe state rights are important and that the government and judiciary should have little role in state affairs - except if it's cannabis, it seems.
I think I'll stay in the northeast

Too bad there's not many conservatives out there...people like Ron Paul.

The federal, state, and local government is filled with either big-government Republicans or big-government Democrats. Neocons have really trashed the true meaning of conservatism.

We need more conservatives. Those who feel government should play a CONSERVATIVE role in our lives. The government which governs best is that which governs LEAST.

Would the original poster mind elaborating on their friends endeavors if possible? More than just "he's making it". What troubles did he run into?

-BILLO

H

h^2 O

The federal, state, and local government is filled with either big-government Republicans or big-government Democrats. Neocons have really trashed the true meaning of conservatism.

We need more conservatives. Those who feel government should play a CONSERVATIVE role in our lives. The government which governs best is that which governs LEAST.

Would the original poster mind elaborating on their friends endeavors if possible? More than just "he's making it". What troubles did he run into?

-BILLO
hey Bill. I meant the Federal judges out there - the ones who are appointed by conservatives because they're conservative too. They're not even elected. Then they become Federal judges in California, and tell the DEA and other Feds it's okay to violate state rights and bust med growers and dispensaries

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran

-BILLO

That needs to be said, several times....

Latest posts

Latest posts