What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Afternoon dry sift session + press

aqualungs

Sifted some trim over my 150u that has been laying around and building up. Cured resin pressed and will be aged for 90 days minimum 😎

Attachments

• IMG_2725.jpeg
    IMG_2725.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2737.jpeg
    IMG_2737.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_2736.jpeg
    IMG_2736.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_2735.jpeg
    IMG_2735.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_2733.jpeg
    IMG_2733.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_2731.jpeg
    IMG_2731.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2726.jpeg
    IMG_2726.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 85

aqualungs

I try to only keep trim and small buds and eliminate any fan leaves from the process. 2 X 5 min runs and then a 10 minute run to finish it off. Need to get a tumbler soon, anyone have recommendations? I have used the bubble magic 150 g tumbler and it is great just limited on the amount of material you can run at a time. I would like to run closer to a lb. at a time.

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Nice job @aqualungs . Can you give a summary of the steps you use?

This thread is very inspiring:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

im also interested in a large scale tumbler. possibly a d.i.y. design? im sure theres a thread somewhere here with all the leg work done...

Hey midwestkid, i think there is a thread from Rembetis that shows a diy tumbler sifter. Could be mistaken though.

aqualungs

Nice job @aqualungs . Can you give a summary of the steps you use?

This thread is very inspiring:

View attachment 18971096

View attachment 18971100

Hey midwestkid, i think there is a thread from Rembetis that shows a diy tumbler sifter. Could be mistaken though.
Nice cubes brother,
2X 5 min sifts and then a 10 minute sift per load on the screen of trim and small buds. First pass I use a card and then switch to my gloved hands for the 2nd and 3rd. Kind of a combination of tapping and massaging and tossing the material around a bit over the screen.

Collect it all towards the middle after each run. Pressed Frenchy Style with a 2 hot water bottles worked for 20-30 minutes. I find 30 minutes makes the sift pretty nice to work with but could maybe even take another 5-10 minutes with the bottle.

I tried rolling these in balls but the appearance was never smooth so I settled on cubes for these. I need to get a full screen set to clean the resin and get even nicer resin to press.

These are put away for 90 day age, wrapped in parchment and vacuum sealed. Put in the coldest room in my house.

Happy Saturday Everyone, smoke on!

Last edited:

aqualungs

@aqualungs Could you recommend the screens I need, to do something like this?
This is was completed with just one 150u screen, see previous posts on method. I need a full set to clean up the resin afterwards. Google dry sift screens and a bunch should come up. I want a 150-120-45 or 73 screen set ideally but i have invested a lot in my bubble hash set up for hash rosin so that will be getting more attention my way.

I decided to make sift these days because it was too terrible out to do work on the patio. This winter has been bollocks, we are still getting snow this week.

aqualungs

Sorry, i mean , actual products I can buy.
I bought mine from a local shop, you will have to do some research as there are tons available through a google search. You want at least a 150-160u screen for your initial screen or if you are just running one screen like me. That is a good starting point, there is a thread on here with screen mesh conversion to micron sizes if the screen size isn’t given in microns. I am not going to recommend a certain brand or company as mine is literally a no name screen.

My bubble bags are bubblebag brand and same with the washing machines I use, for bubble hash I can stand behind the quality of Bubbleman’s products albeit a bit on the higher end of price range with a good variety of other brands available at this point which function the same.

Hash is an art which begins with quality starting material. Your technique will develop and hone on your own through processing material over time.

There is already a wealth of knowledge on this site which also has a search function.

CocoNut 420

For less than £5 I got the necessary screen to make dry sift.

Bucket of trim.
_20230123_223123 (1).JPG

150 micron screen from ebay £4
_20230123_223240 (2).JPG

There's enough for 4 screens it's a 1x1 mtr square.

Turn it upside down and shake it over a sheet of plastic.
_20230123_223452 (2).JPG

Gather it up' enjoy!
_20230128_195042 (1).JPG

I've since bought a sifter but I used the method above for the same results ±
_20230125_194429 (2).JPG

Latest posts

Latest posts