What's new

After 6 years, it begins.. Nirvana White Rhino, Widow & Mazar - 400W CMH

K

KMK0420

cool...well i chopped my first male :(

thing had like 3 balls appear overnight! was questioning it but today there was NO question..

i've located another probable 2 males..so far, a total of 3 males - 1 chopped. 1 -confirmed- female, 1 possible female...the rest havent showed.

mazar is nowhere NEAR where the rhinos/widows are in growth. i wonder what im going to have to do as far as transplanting/switching to 12/12...i'd rather not transplant them again if i dont have to (if they are males), but IDK why these plants are sooo slow compared to the rest. bleh.

will get some new pics this weekend :)

K

KMK0420

Question...

Preflowers...the ones that look like almost like a C shape, those ones normally form into male nuts correct? almost like a crescent moon...the females ive seen have more pointed preflowers with hairs coming out.

i'm letting the ones that have preflowers almost shaped like a C letting them grow a little more...but all 3 mazar's haven't shown ANY signs of anything, are at least a week behind in growth. :(

so far, 2 confirmed females and about 4-6 males. fuck.

Cyber9

Not all strains have the same growth rate, not one of mine has shown sex yet and we planted at the same time

K

KMK0420

i know, i'm more concerned about the male preflowers. the half crescent shape ones..i'm assuming they're male?

correction: 3 females!

2 rhinos, 1 widow.

1 more than likely female, hairs havent popped out yet but have the same shape as other female preflowers. so probable 4 females! already chopped 1 for-sure male, and 3 are "probably males"...so...4 females, 4 males HOPEFULLY! the 3 mazar are a long way off though

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
Rhinos and Widows have a lot of hybrid vigor...usually. My widow seeds; that I bred; show their sex after 28 days veg. I like that...:2cents:

K

KMK0420

yeah, i know but it sucks looking at the others growing like crazy while they sit there and bitch..lol

if all goes well this time around, my next grow is already 2 strains i'm going to love:

well, i have to narrow it down to a specific list (i only want 2-3 strains at a time)

i'm thinking all sativa or all indica...for height concerns..dont want other plants outgrown/shadowed.. but here are all the strains

a.) NYCD (soma)
b.) Black Domina (sensi)
c.) Mother's Finest (sensi)
d.) SAGE (thseeds)
e.) Amnesia Haze (soma)

also thinking, if time / security allows, run through all of serious seed's genetics (ak-47, bubblegum, chronic, kali mist, bubblegum)

K

KMK0420

they wont be coming for a bit, i want to surprise you all..lol..

transplanted 3 females to the final big pot, waiting a week then i will start LST'ing them...

waiting on about 3-4 other to confirm sex, once i do...pictures!

i want to wait until they're all transplanted...but they are pretty damn big!

K

KMK0420

Fine, i couldn't resist..lol

picture.php

picture.php

K

KMK0420

PS;

Should i start LST'ing the females that are in the bigger pots now? or should i wait closer to flowering?

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
Should i start LST'ing the females that are in the bigger pots now? or should i wait closer to flowering?

You should start training them now.

You might also consider doing another transplant on some of your plants. Ideally, you would initiate 12/12 after they have been in final pots for a week or so and flowering plants that have been in their final containers for 2 weeks isn't good.

Pine

K

KMK0420

so what you're recommending is wait until I've seperated all males from females, move into larger (3 gal) pots, lst, then a week before 12/12 move to even larger (5 gal maybe) pots?

bad part is mazars are way behind which is preventing
me from switching to 12:12 when the others are ready

I'm guessing with the females I have now LST.. then switch to 12:12 and transplant to 5 gals?

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
so what you're recommending is wait until I've seperated all males from females, move into larger (3 gal) pots, lst, then a week before 12/12 move to even larger (5 gal maybe) pots?

I'm just saying the way you are doing this the plants get transplanted every two weeks....except for the last transplant when they look like they could go another 2-weeks before being being flowered. By the time they are switched over they would probably be due for a new pot. In the future you would be better off backing off on the time of the first two transplants and making sure that you can get a plant to flower within a week of putting it into its final pot. This would insure that the plant has root space when it most needs it.

To avoid this sort of difficulty I usually transplant all plants together and delay the early transplants to the extent possible. In your situation I would transplant again if they end up staying in their current pots more than 1-week, but I would make sure that they stayed in the 3rd pot for at least two weeks before I moved them for a 3rd time.

Pine

Cyber9

You should start training them now.

You might also consider doing another transplant on some of your plants. Ideally, you would initiate 12/12 after they have been in final pots for a week or so and flowering plants that have been in their final containers for 2 weeks isn't good.

Pine

Why is that bad? Like how many times do you transplant while they are growing? I went from red beer cups to 3 gal pots that i plan on flowering in... I transplanted last week, and plan on vegging another week or 2... so why is that bad?

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
Why is that bad? Like how many times do you transplant while they are growing? I went from red beer cups to 3 gal pots that i plan on flowering in... I transplanted last week, and plan on vegging another week or 2... so why is that bad?

It is bad to stick a plant that has been in a pot for 2-weeks into flowering because you risk the plant getting bound in the container at exactly the time it needs the most root space.

I only do 3 transplants on a 8 week veg and 2 on a 6 week veg. I won't do the first transplant until 3-4 weeks from sprout or 2-3 weeks from a rapid rooter clone. I have 2 seed plants that sprouted in mid-May that are still in 4" squares. When I get some more dirt I will transplant them into 2.3 gallon pots. They will go under 12/12 lighting within a few days of the transplant.

Pine

K

KMK0420

after awhile i may be able to take final remaining females to bigger pots, but it really depends.

my problem:

i have 3 true females of which i have began to LST. they are responding lovely to it..

problem is, i have 3 mazar's and 1 widow that are WAY behind (havent shown 1 sign of sex yet, almost completing week 5 from seed)

what am i going to do when its time to flower the females i know i have, but the others still need to veg for awhile? i only have 1 tent :-\

Cyber9

Just throw them into flower if your starting to run outa room, they will show their sex after a week or so of 12/12...

I've had 2 males show and a few females, I'm throwing them all into flower this weekend. :joint:

K

KMK0420

after not smoking for 2 days (ran out), and after hitting a bong bowl of kief and leftover teeny pieces of burnt bud (rofl, when im out i get desperate)..i got to thinking.

i have a really stunted mazar plant...it stretched dramatically, only has 3 or 4 nodes while the rest have like 5 or 6...insane..and it stopped growing...i transplanted and even now its going super slow.

i have room in there for 6 of the pots of the size i have now (3gals)..i have 3 pots in use by the females, and 4 still determining. 1 is the stunted/noobie plant. i'm thinking...

cut the retard, throw the other 3 (2 mazars 1 widow) in the pots and let them sex that way...the 1 mazar is starting a teeny sign of a preflower, which with my BEST guess is a MALE...looks like a little ball...the female preflowers from my exp have a tendency to be closer to the middle of the "crease", between the main stem and the branch. balls tend to be a little lower, on the side and bulge out. thats what it looks like.

anyway im thinking of now leaving that dude in the same pot, confirm a male, and cut..cut the retard plant, and put the remaining mazar + widow into the 3 gals, for a total of 5 plants in the 3 gal's.

i'm high as piss right now, but after i come down i'm going to do that. i watered about 2 hours ago, so its perfect timing to transplant. fuck its a pain in the ass though.

i'll take some pics when im done :)

K

KMK0420

PS:

this saturday will be 5 weeks total from seed...

with the height limitation of the homebox L, cyber whats your best guess of when to flower to avoid overgrowing myself?

the plants height has decreased a lot due to LST'ing. they are ~12 inches now, not including pot height obviously. even the one i LST'd is a monster now, overgrowing everything in the fucking tent!

i'm guessing...at this point...5 weeks from seed...begin flower...around....maybe...next 1-2 weeks? for a total of a 4-5 week veg. that way total height will be only close to 2ft, which is kinda what you're limited to in a HB L when theres a huge ass carbon filter at the top!

question - on LST'ing, do you leave the plants tied down until harvest basically? or do the ropes come off at a point?

PS:

=============================>
=============================>

Being that i have run this thread 10 pages long with mostly questions, for those of you who want to see updates...its pretty tough scanning through pages and pages of posts. I'm making another thread in the GD section primarily profiling my grow, pictures, etc. I'll stick questions to PM's at this point. Thank you everyone for your help (pine, cyber, stevius, mint, etc.) You guys don't know where i'd be (fucked) without your input. K+!

New thread: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=127727

Latest posts

Latest posts