What's new

AF's & Coco

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok so who out there is growing autoflower strains in coco ?

Tell us about your experiences ? Post your pictures......

S_a_H

dude, its crazy that u started this thread,, i just put 2 bagseed in coco,, its not an af but hopefully they pop up,,,i germd em in wet paper towels ill they cracked and put them in,,,if anything happens ill post up. later

2tokes

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
Ok so who out there is growing autoflower strains in coco ?

Tell us about your experiences ? Post your pictures......

S_a_H

I'm game :smile:

I'm a first time grower currently growing PP and cheeseberry haze, some in coco and some in soil as I wanted to compare side by side which works best for me. I hope to start some AF's next week and had planned to run them in soil for the sake of conveniance, but I have everything here to run half in coco and I like the idea of comparrision grows..besides, I've gained so much through this community that to be able to offer anything back would be fantastic.

my little adventure won't be perfectly scientifically accurate, but the plants would all be growing in the same conditions besides feed and medium (same temp, same light, same tent in fact - and same first time grower).

like 2tokes said, I'll get some fotos together once I'm under way :smile:

C

curts1

Coco is interesting. I like soil but it is messy and coco would be an option.

*mr.mike*

I use coco, now only added to my mix,.. but I had used it alone for quite a while.

I used bricks, and they were cheap and good. You do have rinse the stuff alot in the beginning to get the water to run clear, but you'll never get it water-clear. Even after weeks of watering, it still looks like tea comes out the bottom when you water.

You do have to water on a schedule, so that the coco doesn't get a nute lock-out. That's not hard, as once the plants have size, the coco dries out pretty fast.

I've used coco, then actually rinsed and recycled it more than six times for grows, and it hold up well.

I like coco. It works well.

I would use rockwool, but there is none in my country.

LLCoolBud

Never tried coco before but really like using Soil-less Peatmoss based mediums, im pretty sure they are about the same sept peat moss cost alot less money and less finiky with fertilizers and such.