What's new

Afghanistan Today.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
have never had any afghan or Moroccan hash, but used to get the blonde Lebanese. it came in rough woven cloth bags & had a cedar tree stamped into the bricks. boy, those were the days...:)

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
-Charas from my Plants...

Our bubble is much purer. However, sometimes a little plant matter adds flavor, as in imported hash. But dung doesn't. Well not the right flavor at least.
-bubble drying, unpressed.

Also, as we all know, being IN a country and being lucky enough to somehow access the best when in said country would be super cool. I hear stories of folks travelling in Morocco never seeing high quality.

The best hash I've ever smoked was Lebanese Blond & Gold putty hash from the late 1970's. It's not just that it was strong but the high was like nothing I've experienced since. Not at all like the darker hash varieties couch lock. It was quite an energetic high that made one laugh.
There was also a reddish variety putty hash that was almost as good, rumoured to be from Pakistan.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
@ zach, What did you like so much about that 69 hash?
Effect?
You really think it was that good?
I wasn't even born back then so i can't really say anything but the 99% heads drysift
that i make in my kitchin is way better than any import i have ever come across.

hey mack... the hash we got in 69 put u in a dreamy state... I remember closing my eyes , and seeing colors... yet it wasn't a couch-lock type of high... u still wanted to get up and move.. that was 40+ years ago so memory bit fuzzy... but that hash was the best...by far... that we have ever smoked...

we make hash with bubble bags today... we use our own weed that we grow . today's weed is suppose to be stronger then in the past... if that was the case, the hash should be ass-kickin... its good, but no where near great.. and we dry sift tooo.. same result... good , not great..

as to Moroccan hash... way back when, it was green and garbage... couldn't give it away... the pictures posted sure look way better...

Jon 54

hey gekolite,,,,,
I am assuming your an "oldie"like myself and I remember the hash from the mid-late 70s so I hope you may have some insight into the hash that came speckled with white spots on the inside and we were told back then it was "opiated hash" ...
in your experience was that true? or just myth?,,
thanks mate,,
peace and regards s2:tiphat:

I remember that stuff and YES!! it was opiated. I was lucky enough to go in on a lot that weighed 5 kilos when I was living in Western New York State. My connection was in the city of Toronto. I drove up there to score the hash and sweated the trip back into the States all the way until I crossed over the Peace Bridge into Buffalo NY. This sold for $250.00 a oz. back in 75 and that was a shit load of money back then.

Jon 54

gekolite

jon 54 noticed your in palm springs ,some of the primo used to trickle down the mountain , from near mountain center to ps from a ranch where tim leary and the brotherhood used to hang out.

Jon 54

jon 54 noticed your in palm springs ,some of the primo used to trickle down the mountain , from near mountain center to ps from a ranch where tim leary and the brotherhood used to hang out.

That along with some of the finest ORANGE SUNSHINE that was ever made and available in California. I wager to bet that there isn't fifty people alive today living in the desert that can remember those going on's up the hill. Can you remember the old ranch halfway up Hwy.74 above Palm Desert that was painted like a colorful acid trip??

Jon54:peacock::peacock:

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
The afghan primo from 69,70 was a rich brown to dark brown it was imported mostly by the brotherhood of eternal love .I have had an acquaintance with cannabis for over 50 years , and have never seen that quality since .The flavor and aroma alone was enough to put you in an euphoric state ,and the high was devastating ..

there u go... that is my exact recollection... don't know where my buddy got it from, but I have never smoked any hash like that since...

give me some of that hash, and a Quaalude, I'd be one happy camper...

gekolite

hwy 74

hwy 74

That along with some of the finest ORANGE SUNSHINE that was ever made and available in California. I wager to bet that there isn't fifty people alive today living in the desert that can remember those going on's up the hill. Can you remember the old ranch halfway up Hwy.74 above Palm Desert that was painted like a colorful acid trip??

Jon54:peacock::peacock:

I am trying to remember , I ran a road house called the paradise valley café in 1971- 74 intersection of 74 and 79 , had a wild time, once a group of us old hippies were having a pow wow on the south palm canyon reservation , and about 1;00 am leary appeared out of no where tripping through the canyon , he hiked down from the ranch . we used to hike the canyons on full moon nights , too hot for daytime hikes

Jon 54

I am trying to remember , I ran a road house called the paradise valley café in 1971- 74 intersection of 74 and 79 , had a wild time, once a group of us old hippies were having a pow wow on the south palm canyon reservation , and about 1;00 am leary appeared out of no where tripping through the canyon , he hiked down from the ranch . we used to hike the canyons on full moon nights , too hot for daytime hikes

I never met him personally but I know that he used to hang with the Brotherhood and they used to party and " Star Gaze" up at the furthest falls up Tahquitz Canyon. Heady Cosmic Days for shure.

Jon 54:greenstars::greenstars::canabis::canabis:

gekolite

tahquitz canyon used to be a real beautiful place .in the 50,s and early 60's the cotton woods and wild grape vines and other lush green flora came all the way down to palm canyon drive , what a paradise , a fire took most of it out , in the late sixties it was invaded by bear drinking kids who basically trashed the place destroying everything in their path , and leaving broken bottles and trash as far as the eye can see . eventually the aqua callientes shut it down , and I guess reopened it with restrictions It is a very dangerous canyon once you get past the first falls , many accidents , it is a very steep and narrow climb , I once almost died rock climbing above the second falls , probably the Indian spirit Tahquitz protecting the canyon .

Dkgrower

Veteran
there are afghani refugee camp in india around new dehli, try there if not try pakistan they have afghani

charsi

Exactly the way I remember it too. In fact when folks talk about "great Moroccan" though I don't doubt what they say is true today it was the exact opposite in the 60's..

charsi

Pakistani in those days [with rare exceptions like Chitrali or Kashmiri that was fine quality but only around in small ammounts] was often Afghani that was then cut in the Pakistan Tribal Area which borders Afghanistan and exported . An Afghan member of another forum says it's much the same there today .

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Exactly the way I remember it too. In fact when folks talk about "great Moroccan" though I don't doubt what they say is true today it was the exact opposite in the 60's..

yes it was... Moroccan in the 60's/70, was green SHIT... and I mean SHIT... it sucked... I have no knowledge of Moroccan today, but it appears from guys online its a lots better