What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Afghan Hash (but not really) – Legal Hash Review

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Afghan Hash – Legal Hash Review

Genetics: Unknown but I assume an Afghan cultivar

Grower/Producer: Earthwolf Farms

Overall: Pretty much a 10/10?

In my last hash review – the Astrolab Gummy – I went on about how happy I was that the manufacturer had captured the smell of a real import. The only real downside was that to get the THC percentage up into a territory that sells – the mid-40s - it was a hash blend, with rosin artfully mixed back into the sift so it stretches the definition of a real hash. The mid-40s is the THC % that is expected by the masses, with 20 -30 percenters often dismissed as pressed kief which, unfortunately, in the first years of legalization, they usually were. Industrialized hash making, ain’t just smacking a bag with bigger and cleaner sticks. You have to have a consistent, repeatable manufacturing process that meets the health and safety regs – no goat hair allowed – and your product has to have the right feel, smell, texture, taste and THC percentage and finally . . . yield a final retail price of $12 CAD (8 eur/ $9 usd) with a cut for at least 3 layers of mark-up and a healthy payout to the greedy taxmen at multiple levels along the way.

This one fails. It is double that price. But My Gawd it is good. Here is a blurb from their website:

Our Afghan Hash is a modern take on Afghan black hash, made from 45-220µ bubble hash with heat and pressure. With a soft and pliable texture, this hash is a delicious full spectrum concentrate made from organic sun grown cannabis. With 3.4% total terpenes, its profile is dominated by β-Caryophyllene, β-Myrcene. and α-Humulene.

THC 45.7 % CBD <2.5 % CBG 2.1 % TERPENES 3.4 %

And a picture . . .

afghan---earthwolf-farms.jpg

And did you notice something special? Yeah, that is parchment paper so the blob didn’t stick! Get-the-fuck-outta-here, right? Just as an aside, I bought another 3 grams of the Community Marrakech Express and it came in parchment as well.

This smells like zesting lime in a pine forest . Fresh and loud. And the taste is probably best described as earthy or spicy . . . but certainly not your typical incensey smoke. And it hits nicely with a feel good body stone and a clear mind that lasts and lasts. I could even babble semi-intelligently when I was out doing my usual dog walk hash test.

Overall, it is an outstanding hash.

Available across Canada. $25.55 for 1 gram
--

BTW . . . I was lazy and just ordered this online from the OCS gov’t store and the Community hash was on sale. Second day free delivery . . .

threesome.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Afghan Hash – Legal Hash Review

Genetics: Unknown but I assume an Afghan cultivar

Grower/Producer: Earthwolf Farms

Overall: Pretty much a 10/10?

In my last hash review – the Astrolab Gummy – I went on about how happy I was that the manufacturer had captured the smell of a real import. The only real downside was that to get the THC percentage up into a territory that sells – the mid-40s - it was a hash blend, with rosin artfully mixed back into the sift so it stretches the definition of a real hash. The mid-40s is the THC % that is expected by the masses, with 20 -30 percenters often dismissed as pressed kief which, unfortunately, in the first years of legalization, they usually were. Industrialized hash making, ain’t just smacking a bag with bigger and cleaner sticks. You have to have a consistent, repeatable manufacturing process that meets the health and safety regs – no goat hair allowed – and your product has to have the right feel, smell, texture, taste and THC percentage and finally . . . yield a final retail price of $12 CAD (8 eur/ $9 usd) with a cut for at least 3 layers of mark-up and a healthy payout to the greedy taxmen at multiple levels along the way.

This one fails. It is double that price. But My Gawd it is good. Here is a blurb from their website:

Our Afghan Hash is a modern take on Afghan black hash, made from 45-220µ bubble hash with heat and pressure. With a soft and pliable texture, this hash is a delicious full spectrum concentrate made from organic sun grown cannabis. With 3.4% total terpenes, its profile is dominated by β-Caryophyllene, β-Myrcene. and α-Humulene.

THC 45.7 % CBD <2.5 % CBG 2.1 % TERPENES 3.4 %

And a picture . . .

View attachment 18957597

And did you notice something special? Yeah, that is parchment paper so the blob didn’t stick! Get-the-fuck-outta-here, right? Just as an aside, I bought another 3 grams of the Community Marrakech Express and it came in parchment as well.

This smells like zesting lime in a pine forest . Fresh and loud. And the taste is probably best described as earthy or spicy . . . but certainly not your typical incensey smoke. And it hits nicely with a feel good body stone and a clear mind that lasts and lasts. I could even babble semi-intelligently when I was out doing my usual dog walk hash test.

Overall, it is an outstanding hash.

Available across Canada. $25.55 for 1 gram
--

BTW . . . I was lazy and just ordered this online from the OCS gov’t store and the Community hash was on sale. Second day free delivery . . .

View attachment 18957598
Thanks, friend for the super report. Damn makes my mouth water.

LndRcLvr

i think i can see a bit of goat hair in there. ask for a refund.

Looks superb and very tasty, I have a crop of afghan strain on it's way and i'm going to make hash with the whole lot, hopefully i can get somewhere close to this .

Not being able to do so, does being able to buy legal cannabis take the fun out of it?

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Not being able to do so, does being able to buy legal cannabis take the fun out of it?

No, not at all. Hash is my thing and I like all of the variety. I also make my own bubble with much of what I grow and being able to buy decent hash gives me inspiration to do a better job. I have at least an oz of misc hash aging in a drawer to compare with. Some of those jars only have a speck left but I will admit that I seem to be obsessed . . . ;)

hash-drawer2.jpg