What's new

Affordable Coco Bale!

Xerhoss

Interesting...i may have to make a trip to the Depot and see if they carry this locally. Currently using HydroFarm brand from the local @ $12/ea.

real ting

Bricked coco is one of the biggest steps back in growing mediums in years. Who the fuck wants to take the time, effort, and water necessary to break up and flush any of the bricked coco products? You have to factor in the cost of having to buy tubs and filters and mesh and valves to break the stuff up in, then the multiple hour process it would turn into, and even finding a place to do this at. And that's just the first brick. You're a lot better off spending the extra cash and getting the bagged stuff.

Bricked coco is one of the biggest steps back in growing mediums in years. Who the fuck wants to take the time, effort, and water necessary to break up and flush any of the bricked coco products? You have to factor in the cost of having to buy tubs and filters and mesh and valves to break the stuff up in, then the multiple hour process it would turn into, and even finding a place to do this at. And that's just the first brick. You're a lot better off spending the extra cash and getting the bagged stuff.

lol. Talk about over exaggerating.

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
takes between 6-7 gallons of water to expand a bale plus the flush and nute bath. maybe 20 gallons total

one single flush with Florakleen/Clearex/Final Flush some people skip this step, even with bales

light nutrient dose with some added cal/mag (I use tap water and stop cal/mag after 3-4 weeks, but your mileage may vary)

I use a big ass rubber-made tub to expand it in, no holes

I flush etc. in the pots I grow in

no special filters and mesh and valves

from the second the bale hits the water you can have it expanded and perlite added to it in under an hour. may take my stoned ass an hour an a half but I am old and slow.

...If one has arthritis of the hands this product may not be for you as it pretty much demands to have its compressed coir pith be broken up by hand to achieve its optimum consistency.
My friend with the 32 blocks is apparently going to get some very strong muscles developing in his hands. ;) :)
A much more processed product such as Botanicares Coco Grow brand of compressed 5kg blocks tend to more easily expand out into about four cubic feet and breaks up rather easily into into a well sieved smaller fibered consistency. Don't get me wrong, me still likee the hypergrow, even if it needs a good literal manhandling.

IMB :)

I have been using a paint mixing attachment in a 3/8" electric drill to "fluff up" expanded coco bricks.

Haha... I use the same mixer I got to stir up the ice water in making bubble hash!