What's new

AF outdoors? n00b here

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
Sup guys, I've been looking around for some answers with not much luck. Got some headie seeds from a friend a while back, grew them indoors and they turned out to be AFs (sexed in about 30 days under 20/4 lighting). The end product was minimal, maybe about 2-4 grams or so per plant?

So I wanted to try them outdoors to see if they'd get bigger, and just for the hell of it.. My main question is how much space do they need? I cleared a space of about 2' wide x 4-5' long and was planning to do 6-8 in this space? Should I expect them to be bigger outdoor? potential yield from 8 Afs?

If anyone could let me know what they think or any outdoor advice in general please let me know! thanks a lot IC

edit: lowryders = autoflowers or am I mistaken? autoflower = flower according to age (vs light cycle), lowryder = reallly short AF?

I'd just make sure each plant had 3 gallons-5 gallons of soil for outdoor, for maximum results. Other than that, only one way to find out.

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Does this strain stay in veg if it is under 24 hours of light or does it flower? This is what dictates a true auto or not.

3-5 gallons? wow i was thinking like 1 gallon

I guess if its me, and im taking the time to plant outdoors, dig holes, and all that shit, im not going to skimp out on the plants needs. Most plants will tear through a 1 gallon in a matter of weeks. So yeah 3 gallons minimum for outdoor, but i'd probably go with 5 gallons. Thats just me though.

Bob_J

ya i guess 1 gallon is a bit small. how many holes do you think a bale of sunshine mix or pro mix (3.8 cubiuc feet, expands to 107 litres though)

ya i guess 1 gallon is a bit small. how many holes do you think a bale of sunshine mix or pro mix (3.8 cubiuc feet, expands to 107 litres though)

3.8 cubic foot compressed bale expands to approximately 7 cubic feet of usable product and will fill approximately 50 true one gallon pots. (This is just a rule of thumb, and it depends how tight or loosely you pack your soil)

Thats without adding in any ammendmants or anything like extra perlite, ewc, etc.

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
3.8 cubic foot compressed bale expands to approximately 7 cubic feet of usable product and will fill approximately 50 true one gallon pots. (This is just a rule of thumb, and it depends how tight or loosely you pack your soil)

Thats without adding in any ammendmants or anything like extra perlite, ewc, etc.

Was trying to do the math on this... figured 3.8 bale = 7.5 gallons x 3.8 = 28.5 gallons of medium. Was planning on putting 10 3 gallon bags out? Not for the AFs though, they are going in the ground.

thanks for the info guys.

Was trying to do the math on this... figured 3.8 bale = 7.5 gallons x 3.8 = 28.5 gallons of medium. Was planning on putting 10 3 gallon bags out? Not for the AFs though, they are going in the ground.

thanks for the info guys.

Well your math is a little off, it'll be more like 50 gallons from a 3.8 bale. Either way, a bale is enough for what you're doing.

pz

Or you could just do hempy buckets. They get the benefits of hydro, but grown like soil. I use 2-liter bottles with 100% perlite, and they grow very well. I know they could use more root space, so if you amped it up to a gallon, maybe 2, I think you could have nearly 100% of the possible growth from these plants. Outside woudl be the easiest way to use hempy's too because the runoff would just run into the ground, no need for rez to catch runoff. Maybe something to think about.

Peace/Love/Joy

Latest posts

Latest posts