What's new

Aero Clone to Coco - plants Wilt and die.

sureshot66

Veteran
sounds like multiple problems, whats your runoff measure? as stated already 600 ppm is really high for babies i flower full grown plants at 800,clomes @ 200 tops.. if you have this many issues before youre even rooted well id start over...bayer complete kills root aphids, gonats and stickys for gnats

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
Okay, it is possible that there where aphids along with the gnats, but i didnt see aphids, although from what i was reading they are almost impossible to spot with the naked eye.

I have been treating with mosquitto dunks. and will continue to always have a peice of the dunk in the RO water resevoir as part of the feeding schedule for future prevention.

I have moved the clones to a seperate room.
I have Squeezed the coco and put the (Aero) clones into the coco. under a flo light with 16 on 8 off.

They are starting to take root, i see healthy white roots on the sides of the cups ( i used very small clear cups, like the kind at doctors office, so i can observe roots)

Anyways they seem to be coming back to life.
And the Cloners that i treated, BLEACHED Cleaned, then Physan 20 cleaned.
Have new clones producing healthy WHITE roots.

So far Fingers crossed.

Thanks everyone,
Granger thanks for the suggestion about giving them a dark period it seemed like they pointed to the sky after they got some sleep, really weird. But thanks

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
The 600 parts per million Calmag dose Its not actually 600 all calmag.

The well water is like 300ppm from the hose.

When i soak the coco I use well water.
And rinse and rinse and rinse and rinse until i get a run off as close to the well water as possible.

Then i add calmag to a bucket of water from the tap and pour it over the coco. ( so 300 well water ppm + 300 cal mag = 600)
Then i do a final rinse with a 10ppm RO water just one bucket flush.

I know this seems like im wasting my calmag, but it seems to flush my coco to a run off at about 330ppms.

I Keep clones and babies around 300.
And barely every if only by accident go over 800-1000ppm even on Full grown bloom.

Ideally i like to stay at 600ppm with veg and flower.

I read a post a long time ago Heath robinson, had a chart and it showed that anything over 600ppm was a waste for the plant. So i have kinda tried to stick with it.

I transplant out of an aero when the roots are just an inch or two. Aero plants develop different roots than soil or plants grown in a medium.

Rarely have any problems.