What's new

Advice Please

StickyBandit

I have a Wilma setup and every grow so far becomes bushy at the bud stage and ends up with lots of frosty leaves instead of calyx clusters with pistils.
I'm using pumice medium with 4x daily 15min top feeds feeds of EC 1.5 pH6.0 recirc. I did a lot of water changes last grow and it didn't seem to help
The light has done many grows with excellent results but has only grown like this since using the Wilma with pumice system.
Next grow I plan to use the hempy buckets with straight coco in place of the Wilma buckets and just auto top up once daily, effectively mimicking my hempy grows which are doing great.
Would love to know the cause of this??
Thanks in advance :)

HGK1.JPG
HGK2.JPG
HGK3.JPG
HGK4.JPG

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I'm not familiar with your buckets but one thing I see that may help with more solid flowers is to defoliate the plants so all the flowers get even light...I see many leaves your plants could do without...

StickyBandit

I'm not familiar with your buckets but one thing I see that may help with more solid flowers is to defoliate the plants so all the flowers get even light...I see many leaves your plants could do without...
I should have topped them early but didn't realize how much they would stretch. Defoliating now would likely be counterproductive as there's plenty of light passing right through. They were actually more buddy earlier but have since started fluffing up. It's only in this grow setup though
Thanks for the reply (y)

Reactions: Boo

iTarzan

Why are the fan leaves so tricky covered. Grow with good flowers and those fan leaves would be fantastic. Just frosty fan leaves not ideal.