What's new

Advice for my Malawi breeding project

toppin

Veteran
Hi Lammy nice project you got going there.

I was searching for some breeding info whilst i wait for my breeding and botany books to arrive for a project i was looking to get started before the end of the year using OGR WIFI X Durban Poison and stumbled across your thread.

Very interested in the outcome so il be pulling up a chair
for this one.

Anyway Lammy good luck with the project hope everything is ok and still on track.

Males have the most influence on structure, so a malawi male with an og female would most likely result in sativa plant structure. You should firstly make f2s with the malawi to get a shit load of seeds, then try to find that phenomenal purple pheno which is about 5% chance of getting i think. Im going to make a lot of malawi x (landrace indicas and sativa) firstly im gonna make taskenti x malawi male, pck x malawi, and malawi x malawi landrace(holy smokes version). good luck with your breeding bro.

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
First off, Lammy - you are going to be VERY happy with this cross! Excellent thinking! :biggrin:

If you haven't ever smoked Malawi, prepare for a penetrating, hitting the ceiling, somewhat energetic, paralyzing high with a slightly heavy and narcotic come down. Fire OG should calm down the energy a bit but prepare for some really intense smoke! Going to be a damn frosty cross, that's for sure. The Malawi will also make the Fire push a lot harder, a more vigorous, larger, faster growing plant is in your future.

Judging a male is just like judging a female. How does it grow? How does it stink when you rub it's stem? Hows the color? Does it do anything unique that you haven't seen before? etc.

As far as Im concerned, if you have a great looking specimen of either line, male or female, and you smack em together, you're going to have beautiful children.

- Or if that's too pollen chuckerish for ya, pollinate a few separated females with different males and grow out the beans to find the exact plant you're looking for.

The speed, smell and yield you are looking for will all be things you will have to select for in the resulting cross.

The amount of variation in the first cross will be a standard bell curve from mom to dad. Most will fall in the 60/40 & 50/50 range, but some will be very malawi, and others will be very og. To give you an idea of how far things go one side to the other, here's my cross of Fire / Destroyer. Seed #1 (Fire side) first, seed #2 (destroyer side) second.
picture.php

picture.php

The above cross is an example of the pollen chuckerish method. It's been a couple years since I planted the first bean and I have yet to be disappointed by the cross, in the second pic you can see my f2s forming. "Napalm" as we decided to call it, is a perfect mix of Destroyer's clear headed, soaring, "omg lets go ride bikes" ADD high and Fire Og's stoney, body buzzing, "OG" high. The smell is interesting, Fire's fuel smell and Destroyers lemon pepper combined into an "electric neon blue" smell.

Stop reading and get to pollinating already, that cross is going to be bitchin! :tiphat:

Lammy

Hi Lammy nice project you got going there.

I was searching for some breeding info whilst i wait for my breeding and botany books to arrive for a project i was looking to get started before the end of the year using OGR WIFI X Durban Poison and stumbled across your thread.

Very interested in the outcome so il be pulling up a chair
for this one.

Anyway Lammy good luck with the project hope everything is ok and still on track.

I stopped posting for a few years because of security concerns. I forgot about this thread and only found it searching for terpenes napalm. Anyway the Fire OG BX beans that I had were super stretchy and I didn't have that good of a garden set up back then so I ended up ditching that stuff because it wasn't practical for me I ended up growing out the Wi-Fi and on my first run of the Malawi and Vietnam Black Thai. Unfortunately I was such a newbie I left a 3-foot tall Malawi male in my flower room thinking it wouldn't be a problem as long as I didn't bump into it too many times. LOL

So everything got so seeded I never ended up with anything smokable and didn't let it flower long enough. I ended up with a ton of Wi-Fi X Malawi beans but I never tried growing any. The Wi-Fi it came out good my first run but I think something happened to it and it never grew well after that it was the hardest clone for me to root. The very last time I ran it I took around a hundred cuttings and it took 2 months for me to get maybe 5 or 6 of them to root. So anyway I ended up focusing on easier genetics for a while. I crossed my Bubba Kush clone with Eight Miles High from mandala. I've been playing around with that for a few years. It's at a point where I'm really happy with it.

Anyway I'm getting ready to continue a Malawi breeding project. Ace's continued improving the Malawi line offering the Breeders pack and the new Malawi killer seems like what I want to do crosses with. I've got the Fire OG clone now. So I think I'm going to do something along the lines of getting a male new Malawi killer to pollinate the Fire OG and then back cross to a new Malawi killer female that I select. I'll probably try a few different variations also using genetics other than the Fire OG and see what works out the best and maybe mix the different variations. Like to thank everybody for their interest and advice. Reading this all these years later it seems funny how little I knew about breeding or even pollination back then.

In the future I'm going to have all updates in my thread titled Lammy's Ace Journal. So check that out. Although I don't plan on starting the Malawi until the end of the year so it's still a long ways off

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shit man...
Pop some of those millions (exaggeration) of beans & see what comes of a few females. I bet there's an African Prarie Fire waiting to happen!

That cross sound dank af.

Lammy

It's got to be a couple thousand beans of the Wi-Fi X Malawi. at least. I have separate bags of beans from all seven different Wi-Fi's. It does seem like a shame to not use them. But I've got a few crosses that I made off the Wi-Fi that work better for me. I'll probably do breeding with those against the Malawi

Latest posts

Latest posts