What's new

Adventures of 9 ladies and a 400w light

Green Sky

NIce Job!
Plants look great so far.
What are your plans for flushing/ letting them dry- out before chopping? Do you leave them in complete dark before cutting?

* oh and why are your walls not painted white? ;)

good vibes and luck

Green Sky

As I think of it,,,
do you also plan on thinning out fan leaves on those Affie/Skunk lower colas? Or do you go all- natural?

Do you plan on harvesting like 1/2 the plant, and letting the rest mature a bit longer?
Do the CR take longer? - i assume they are a Sativa heavy blend.

* I have a very similar setup. I am dying to know what like-minded growers do :)

thanks
:ying:

there goes edro

Veteran
Thanks for stopping in Green Sky. They got their last feeding a few days back, just plain water from here on out. To answer some of your questions, I flush some the last week, but I dont get crazy with it. Ill sometimes keep t hem in the dark for the last three days before chop. The shorter of the two CRs appears to be the fastest finishing plant in the garden to this point. Due to unfore seen circumstances they'er gonna have to come down on the 31st of this month, a week to ten days earlier than I would have liked but thats life. Gotta stay safe, and Ill get back with it next time.

there goes edro

Veteran
Anybody know any short cuts to making these plants finish quicker? Would keeping them in the dark for the entire last week help? I know yield is gonna suffer but oh well.

there goes edro

Veteran
NIce Job!
Plants look great so far.
What are your plans for flushing/ letting them dry- out before chopping? Do you leave them in complete dark before cutting?

* oh and why are your walls not painted white? ;)

good vibes and luck

The walls arent painted but to me rushing to get this project rolling. Had a few set backs earlier which has played hell on my time table. I was waiting for someone to mention the walls.

Green Sky

:) just had to about the walls.
*Hey, I used white unsulation board for 3 months, and called it good... blechh

For forcing them to go sooner...I would try to raise the temps, and stop watering them to get some early reactions from the plants.
I would atleast take anything you are sure is ready, then let the rest have a few days to get there?
I like to go 36-48 hours of solitary ( dark) before chopping.

sorry you have to terminate
peace

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Good looking grow there, there goes edro!
Do you have them at 12/12? Cut the light hours back an hour or so to help speed up maturity. Yield will suffer a bit, though. Do that to the end and dont do the 2 day dark period in order to maintain as much bud growth as possible until you chop.

ETA. Green Sky's suggestion of more heat and water deprivation may help also. Although Ive never tried that method. Ive noticed that lower temps (autumn temperatures,50-60 deg.F.) although compromising yield, can cause a plant to mature faster.

there goes edro

Veteran
Thanks for the kind words Capt.! Yeah theyre on a 12/12 schedule at the moment but will cut the light time back some as you suggested to help them finish up. Hey Capt are you enjoying that Bubblicious! Hope so. Stay safe and happy growing!

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Thems some nice lookin buds. I think cutting the light back is the way to go, especially for the haze pheno. Im trying to talk a friend into doing just that for his jack herer that just refuses to quit.