What's new

Advancing Eco Agriculture, Product Science

jidoka

I agree on sat paste...no bueno. But I know a dude growing something else that crushes with Morgan

CO tends to have low bicarbonate water but I hear you. How do you get P organically...compost?

Real fungal delopment blocks metal uptake in sap tests btw

plantingplants

I'm not talkin about using water test as soil test for assessing its mineral content.. I'm talking about it as a sort of more detailed EC test. If we find the conductivity of the soil solution a useful piece of data then it seems like we might find some use in knowing what composes the EC.

jidoka

Here is what I know Planting. The guy I know shoots for 10:1 Ca:K on Morgan. I shot for 10:1 on Logan...no where near 10:1 on Morgan. He kicks my ass period.

Thing is if you didn't get Ca in up front it is too late. That ship has sailed...like m&m you only get one chance. You are going to fight cannabalism the rest of the grow

Last edited:

EastBayGrower

Veteran
was able to raise the soil ec from ~.1 to .4-.6 with the fertigation mentioned last page, we'll see how long it lasts... think ill be going through alot of fish hydrosyltate and amino ca this season....

EastBayGrower

Veteran
I've cut back on neem, will probably phase it out and substitute karanja. Went half neem half karanja last soil batch. Neem is real popular but I've read about it being an anti fungal, anti bacterial and a nematicide. Seems counter productive if trying to encourage microlife.
Lots of studies on internet. Lots of happy neem users too, so go figure.

they're basically the same thing... but i just used what i had laying around, now that i used up the last of it, i dont think ill be buying any more neem meal anytime soon, too expensive and spikes ec too much for my liking.. also the toxicity to nematodes is a question... so im nixing it..

plantingplants

Maybe I'll try that Morgan test out.

Ebg how are you measuring ec?

Man when I dumped 10 gal of Pacific Gro into my res last week I guess a lot of the solids settled out and ever since then my water every time I fill it smells really bad in a bad way, not in a good fishy way. Is this bad for my plants? I imagine they'll be fine but thought I'd ask.

I can't really remove tthe solids.I could pprobably get half of them out. We will see

calisun

Maybe I'll try that Morgan test out.

Ebg how are you measuring ec?

Man when I dumped 10 gal of Pacific Gro into my res last week I guess a lot of the solids settled out and ever since then my water every time I fill it smells really bad in a bad way, not in a good fishy way. Is this bad for my plants? I imagine they'll be fine but thought I'd ask.

I can't really remove tthe solids.I could pprobably get half of them out. We will see

I use a cheap pressure washer I got from harbor freight to clean my tank out. Works great

EasyGoing

Solids settling from pacific grow......... I never get that?

I like an inline filter I can hook to my pump, that pulls from my rez, and the output back into the rez. This cleans the water and heavy particles before I run it through the same inline filter, then my water lines. Also agitates everything.

EasyGoing

Finally ran out of MicroPak. People still using Micropak or have you guys found a better product? I have everything I need for foliar, but Micropak was a great soil amendment.

jidoka

Just use individual sulfates and boric acid. Use plenty of fulvic acid chelate so they don't get tied up by high P right away.

Avenger

Veteran

Attachments

• micropak copy.jpg
    micropak copy.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 25

orechron

picture.php

Sunset sherbet on week 5 in old soil. Playing around with jidoka's salt mix that I added humic to and alternate with pacificgro feeds. Soil was 70%Ca, 9%Mg, 2%K. Needs more calcium next round but she's going to yield well for a cookies hybrid.

EasyGoing

Miss my cookie cut........ by far my favorite concentrate. Sunset is very GSC dom. Try out Sour Patch kids if you get a chance, FIRE!

Nice work.

orechron

Thanks. I neglected micronutrients and am curious to see how much better cookie hybrids will stack if I correct that in this soil along with more calcium. Honestly, I haven't had a cookie hybrid that wasn't well above average smoke. Did you get the sour patch kids from dark heart?

jidoka

78E29F49-F05F-41CB-A4B0-E560A39C32E4.jpg

Life goes on without AEA. Pic taken on the shortest day of the yr. from the time a rooting cube is put into a pot to 2 ft plants is 4 weeks.

High temp/humidity are key regardless of Ca at this point

TheOutlawTree

Looks good jidoka. What’s your take on sea stim these days~ have you found a more affordable seaweed spray / do you still recommend it with all foliars?

Easygoing- I have a decent chunk of sour patch kids from dark heart growing and I likely won’t grow it again. It’s a little to leafy and Larfy, not the best yield. Not very resistant to bud rot in high humidity conditions. I think dark heart added it because it clones easy and roots really fast.

Attachments

• IMG_4132.jpg
    IMG_4132.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4134.jpg
    IMG_4134.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4131.jpg
    IMG_4131.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 21