What's new

Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect - Review

90days

Hey guys just a quick question, what am I supposed to do when it comes time to flush? Do I ph the plain water like I normally would or do I not ph the water and let the built up buffers in the coco do their thing? That is, if thats the way the ph perfect system works.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
FUCK ANDY AT ADVANCED NUTRIENTS

FUCK ANDY AT ADVANCED NUTRIENTS

Thats right fuck him - and his BULLSHIT.

Full strength nutes? Not a great idea if you want normal buds.

Talk about fox tails and fucking nanners popping up on the Blackwater OG #1 - biggest plant i got - and the biggest nanner was on the main cola - very top almost ready to pop... week 6 of flower...

Ultimately this is my fault as the transition was instantaneous from 1200 ppms to 1600ppms but it was due to poor advice - even after going over all the circumstances...

Its fine - learning lesson - and i still love advanced - just not htat Andy guy - second time the fuck stick told me bullshit to sell more product. If I call again I'll recognize his voice and request management and fucking get some free shit after I law down the smack down on that asshole.

I don't think anyone should ever use Full strength with any base from advanced nutrients.

im fucking stoned and over this for now.

i'll be back with a more official and less offensive "review" of my experience.

machead

Hey LyryC

I've got to 2ml on base nutrients but my plants aren't that big.

Do u run there additives too? If so what ml a litre do run those at?

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey LyryC

I've got to 2ml on base nutrients but my plants aren't that big.

Do u run there additives too? If so what ml a litre do run those at?

I run the additives at full strength 2ml per Liter.

Since I hand water Coco drain to waste I can add additives every feed - but thats over kill.

This run I used additives once a week - the beginning of each week and fed base for the rest with a pure water and hygrozyme flush each sunday. following day mondays was the additive feed day.

That isn't ideal for drain to waste so I will tweaking my style over time.

NEVER use full str base nutes. Infact I am going to consider 2ml per L full strength. That way you can add Rhino - Bud Factor X - Bud Candy - Big Bud - bud ignitor - hammerhead - b-52 - over drive - voodoo and more or less...

Additives like Rhino Skin for instance - use that once a week - seriously not necessary every or every other feed.

Check this out How To Grow Bigger Buds

machead

Cheers for info an link.

I run few different styles of hydroponics one being aero an when run nutes at half strength an additives at there recommend dose really bad staining on my roots.

Maybe I didn't mix the res up good enough.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I only handwater so I can not help you - unless you'd like me to make some things up to make you feel better :comfort:

Are you using any time of Zyme?

I use hygrozyme and honestly the roots turn brown from that but I know its not a bad thing when my plants are exploding with flowers.

Final Phase Flush today folks.

I fucking love AN.

:dance013:

Attachments

• 2013-07-21_22-59-01_273.jpg
    2013-07-21_22-59-01_273.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 2013-07-21_23-01-26_773.jpg
    2013-07-21_23-01-26_773.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 2013-07-21_23-01-18_23.jpg
    2013-07-21_23-01-18_23.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 2013-07-21_23-00-00_844.jpg
    2013-07-21_23-00-00_844.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 2013-07-21_23-01-55_469.jpg
    2013-07-21_23-01-55_469.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 2013-07-21_22-59-19_639.jpg
    2013-07-21_22-59-19_639.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 2013-07-20_22-42-05_883.jpg
    2013-07-20_22-42-05_883.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 2013-07-21_23-02-20_18.jpg
    2013-07-21_23-02-20_18.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 2013_0717_0929_12.jpg
    2013_0717_0929_12.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 2013-07-20_22-41-38_846.jpg
    2013-07-20_22-41-38_846.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 12

machead

Nice photos :)

only few week old cuttings where brown roots happened this happened over night after a fresh res change so now what temps wasn't high so blaming on one the nutes i added.

i use sensi grow a&b, voodoo juice and B-52.
2isfp8x.jpg

Here couple bud shots ready to flush this week :)
2chx1g0.jpg

33dcju1.jpg

NIMMAJEKAJ

Hey Machead, in my personal opinion the water temp is way to high and the direct cause if the bacteria you see on that one plant.
Some clones are more susceptible, and even though they come from the same mother, their health will vary slightly from what I've seen over the years.

But back to the water temp, you really want to run 65 to 70*f tops, and I've always set mine to 68.
If you have to run temps that high (no chiller), than you (in my personal opinion) should run a sterile environment, and discontinue the beneficial bacteria use, running some kind of ClearRez product which is chlorine.

Also at the lower temps, you're going to get more dissolved O2 in the water/nutrients, and we all know the plants need O2 to uptake nutrients... So the more oxygen we can supply in hydroponics, the better off we are........

Beneficial bacteria(s) can cause more harm than good by creating the perfect temp for ALL bacteria to grow. Different bacteria thrive and or survive at different temps, so one may thrive, where another species cannot, and in my personal opinion, anything above 70*f, the harmful bacteria(s) also thrive.

Now, these kind of bacteria secretes a slime as their byproduct, this dark color secretion is what chokes off the O2 to the roots, promoting rot, thus creating more food for the bacteria, and they thrive..

That's why one (or a couple) of your plant's roots are stained while the others are not, when their getting the same nutrients........ This bacteria we do not want has colonized and are thriving in one or a few of the plants' root system(s), which will of course eventually spread to the others.

The health of the roots "directly effect" the size of the plants, thus flowers in the end..
Run lower reservoir temps (65-68*f) and you will have bright white roots....

And I bet your pH is flaky too, always on the clime???

Just my 2 shillings....

machead

Yes that is my biggest problem keeping water temps down.

I do add frozen water bottles twice a day but not enough.

So just invested in a water chiller be here next week hopefully fix my problem.

fatigues

Veteran
There may have been something useful which transpired during the course of this discussion in 2013. I'll never know as I could not stomach it to read anymore past the first 9 or 10 pages.

ICMag is the best cannabis site on the internet and until I encountered this thread, I would have said that the forums here were uniformly helpful - or at the least, entertaining.

This thread (at least the first half of it) wins, hands down, as the worst thread on ICM I have ever encountered. Too bad. I was interested to know about how ph Perfect worked, how well it worked and what it required.

If anybody would care to PM me a link to a thread which deals helpful with the topic, I would be much obliged.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
the only way you can have a decent discussion about AN is if mods deleted post from all the AN haters. unfortunately that probably wont ever happen.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=47238&pictureid=1103605&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL]

that big.

I wasn't feeding full strength till this week and dude in handwatering drain to waste coco u can add additives every feed - I haven't been doing that - just learned that today :D

I just started feeding full strength base with out adjusting ph - already got nute burn.

I will see how things turn out mid next week for a full verdict.

Its full base nute time and soon it will be slowing scaling down and feeding 1/4 base till chop day. After that I wil lflush the medium with the roots intact with hygrozyme

Anything I can help you with?

I love advanced but not many others do hahaha

I want ot go back to pHing

the reason you probably had a problem with the full strength is because your plants actual mass is very small. its one of those things you can only judge by experience.

ive been using the ph perfect range at lower strength as the highest I will go. so two or three ml per litre. I add different companies additives then ph to my regular ph. 5.7 to 5.8 I don't have any issues in fact I do as well as I have always done.

machead

There may have been something useful which transpired during the course of this discussion in 2013. I'll never know as I could not stomach it to read anymore past the first 9 or 10 pages.

ICMag is the best cannabis site on the internet and until I encountered this thread, I would have said that the forums here were uniformly helpful - or at the least, entertaining.

This thread (at least the first half of it) wins, hands down, as the worst thread on ICM I have ever encountered. Too bad. I was interested to know about how ph Perfect worked, how well it worked and what it required.

If anybody would care to PM me a link to a thread which deals helpful with the topic, I would be much obliged.

Haha very true!

Ive done one full grow with the hobbiest bundle an was that happy ive upped to the pro bundle.

I had to change to RO water to get it to say in the PH Perfect range, An it does just that.

I come from using Canna an there isnt much price difference infact the hobbiest bundle was far cheaper i only ever got to half strength from there bottle recommend dosage.

Hope this helps ya!

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
ive never used AN with RO water and ive never had a problem. its gonna depend on your water quality etc though..

I use full strenth all the time! 15ml per gallon. Every other week I flush with 1/2 strength solution and then back to full strength. I do big plants, I veg around 7 weeks. Each plant is in a 4x4 tent and buds are touching all the walls lol

F_T_P!

Except that AN is now trying convince its customers that they cant use any other brands nutes with their ph perfect technology..lol
Like Harry said on the last page. They arent happy just fucking you, they want you to deepthroat and swallow their load, then they want all their friends to come over and tag team your ass!
:moon:
:laughing:

Sativan

Because I use other brand nutrients the pH Perfect technology doesn't work. It comes out too high. But that's the Humboldt Nutrients amendments I add. It is a steady reading but a few tenths over the ideal pH.

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
I was under the impression that the nutrients were chelated, therefore available at many different pH levels without nutrient locking.

I didn't think that the AN line "controlled" your pH, just ensured that regardless of your pH your plants would get what they needed.

Been using AN for awhile now in soil and hydro, I mix anything I want with it....other beneficials, cal/mg, pro-biotics, etc.

I tend to use a bit less than indicated on the bottle (if they suggest 4ml/gallon, I use 2-3, etc.)

Latest posts

Latest posts